Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:05 PM

Default Interstate Compact: Parole Plan approved for Illinois, should be Indiana

my feance lived with me an worked in indiana an had his mail coming here too so he had got in trouble in illinois nothing major or anything bad no drugs or anything like that he only got 6 months but they have to fill out a paper for your first priority an second an of course he puts in. an he's from illinois he has family so sec. thier well they went ahead an sent out his secondary almost right away an then when he found out he had me call field services an findout what it would take to go back to indiana so they got alot of letters from family an me an a letter head letter from his boss an he even called his old counslor at the time. long story short we done what everyone told us to do even the worden, but he got a paper stating his parole plan was illinois, an as of now still if the field service lady dont have time to fill out an send interstate compact because they keep putting all these others in front of him he will go to illinois an loose his job PLEASE PLEASE HELP HE WILL GIVE UP IF HE HAAS TO GO BACK
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2018, 08:34 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,319 Times in 14,846 Posts

According to Rule 3.101 (Mandatory Transfer), in addition to employment in the receiving state, the parolee must be either a resident of that state or have family in that state willing to let him parole to their residence.

If the transfer requested is a Discretionary Transfer (Rule 3.101.2) the receiving state can reject the transfer at their discretion.

Did the Indiana IC request slip through the cracks, or was it denied?

Old 05-15-2018, 07:14 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,955 Times in 11,666 Posts

I guess that the interstate compact application hasn't been sent because the worker is too busy? Call her supervisor.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:09 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

Sadly, fiance does not count as family in the eyes of law enforcement and parole. You would have to be married to have any decent shot of getting an interstate compact to you.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:26 AM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,029 Times in 1,506 Posts

Hon, if all hr had was six months, he doesn't qualify for Interstate Compact. He has to have more than that left before he can apply. Plus, there's a fee. I don't know what Indiana charges. It's a long, time consuming process. I will link the rule for you when I'm more awake.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:07 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,319 Times in 14,846 Posts

Here's the link to the rules

Step-by-Step ICAOS Rules

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-23-2018), IzzyLouWho (05-23-2018), sidewalker (05-23-2018)