Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
Hi all, didn't read all the posts. GF is in jail in Oakland County, MI. She was dodging her PBTs by drinking at night and they surprised her with an ETG one day. She was doing so well recovering from heroin addiction but the drinking was turning into a more frequent clutch.

She'll be away from me for 6 months. We're talking on the phone a lot. I've always loved her but we both know that it's the price of addiction. I'm hoping to work a side job to save up and leave Michigan. We both need a fresh start. By the time she is out she will almost have an entire year drug free. It sounds weak but she is a better more caring and understanding person each month.

She signed an exparte guardianship with her grandmom and she's afraid it will turn to full guardianship. She also wants to take care of other warrants.

I'll be reading the rest of you guys's posts. It sucks going to a cold bed.

I feel ya brotha my gf is here in a CA state prison we both are Heroin addicts too she will have 6 months clean when she paroles the judge made her serve her violation in state prison and county jail which was messed up but thats the price you pay right .. Iím going on almost 2 months clean and come here too and read post its comforting and I know how it feels to go to bed alone for me itís hard to sleep at night I donít think I will ever get used to it I miss that girl so damn bad Iím just trying to stay strong itís all I can do for us both use this place to talk and vent it helps ...stay strong and have a good day
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2018, 03:56 PM
AmyLynn

For all you guys here that are holding down your loved one and fighting other battles keep the faith. I hope only good things come yalls way. It was refreshing to see how many strong faithful men there actually are here. This is my 1st time venturing over here to read from a man's perspective. Thank u for sharing with us and hold tight.
miamac (03-23-2018), WaitingWilkes (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe81 View Post
For all you guys here that are holding down your loved one and fighting other battles keep the faith. I hope only good things come yalls way. It was refreshing to see how many strong faithful men there actually are here. This is my 1st time venturing over here to read from a man's perspective. Thank u for sharing with us and hold tight.
Everybody's welcome in the Men's (Hurt) Locker Room!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (03-23-2018), maytayah (05-08-2018), miamac (05-08-2018), xolady (05-30-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 01:33 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,415 Times in 6,967 Posts

Helllllooooo husbands, boyfriends, good friends and partners of our female inmates! How's it going? Anyone have news to share? A grievance to air? A joke? A song to get stuck in our head?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (05-08-2018), missingdee (05-30-2018), sidewalker (05-08-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 01:40 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

I'm just going to put this here. Maybe y'all can relate.
(pssst...it's OK to chat even when MissingDee is a little missing)
Attached Images
File Type: gif toon-3469.gif (22.6 KB, 16 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
missingdee (06-06-2018), MizzyMuffling (05-30-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 11:44 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,124 Times in 1,975 Posts

Yeah guys, sorry, dealing with Dee stuff. Doing okay. "Holding serve" at the moment. At least she is not back in custody for anything, so thankful for that.

Just remember that post-release, while it will definitely vary from person to person (for those it is coming to,) definitely will come with its challenges. You'll have your good days and your bad. And just because someone's been out 3 months, 6 months, a year......doesn't mean you're "out of the woods."

Hope everyone's doing all right. It's okay to chat even when I'm not around as much, you know.

-E

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
K6770 (06-02-2018), maytayah (05-30-2018), miamac (05-30-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 08:40 PM

Hate the nights when I don't get to talk to her.
Drives me nuts other than that I'm alive ..
Old 06-02-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
Yeah guys, sorry, dealing with Dee stuff. Doing okay. "Holding serve" at the moment. At least she is not back in custody for anything, so thankful for that.

Just remember that post-release, while it will definitely vary from person to person (for those it is coming to,) definitely will come with its challenges. You'll have your good days and your bad. And just because someone's been out 3 months, 6 months, a year......doesn't mean you're "out of the woods."

Hope everyone's doing all right. It's okay to chat even when I'm not around as much, you know.

-E
I totally get what you mean about not being "out of the woods" when they come home. AN is doing very well, but there are some difficult things going on around her.

I have been trying to help and keep in contact with those that helped AN when she was inside, but not doing a great job of it. I hate that I have to put people on tasks lists before I write them.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:

-E
Glad things are going as well as can be expected. Developments on our end -

Tammy finally got permission to "work in classrooms" and "assist" instructors"! She can't "teach" because of her conviction but she's doing it unofficially and enjoying it a lot! She's still "head librarian" but not spending much time working in it. Needless to say, she's extremely busy, which helps time pass.

She found a lump in her breast a couple of weeks ago. She's supposed to get a hospital examination, hopefully soon. Very worrisome. Some women she knows had breast surgery. The state won't pay for any reconstructive surgery or even bra breast forms to make victims look and feel less damaged.

Last edited by WaitingWilkes; 06-03-2018 at 03:34 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
K6770 (07-05-2018), miamac (06-03-2018), missingdee (06-05-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 04:20 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingWilkes View Post
Tammy finally got permission to "work in classrooms" and "assist" instructors"![...]
She found a lump in her breast a couple of weeks ago. She's supposed to get a hospital examination, hopefully soon.
Very happy to hear about her new work assignment! Teaching is one of those things that's in your blood an it's hard to not be able to do it. I'm glad for her.

I'll be thinking positive thoughts for her medical exam. I know they can drag their feet on these things. Please tell her there are prayers going up for you both.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Very happy to hear about her new work assignment! Teaching is one of those things that's in your blood an it's hard to not be able to do it. I'm glad for her.

I'll be thinking positive thoughts for her medical exam. I know they can drag their feet on these things. Please tell her there are prayers going up for you both.

Thanks. She's excited! It's good for her to be able to do what she loved. She doesn't care that she's doing work others are getting paid for. The 13th Amendment's alive and flourishing.

I'm hoping they'll take her to the hospital this week. The prison contract doctor only works a defined number of hours per week and treats people on a triage basis. The more serious/immediate the problem, the more likely it is to be addressed in a timely manner. Prison medical care is socialized medicine at its absolute worst.
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
miamac (06-07-2018)
Old 06-04-2018, 10:58 AM

Mine was just offered a job as a teaching assistant also. Instead of the original kitchen work. She says she's much happier with the teaching assistant job.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leighsfriend For This Useful Post:
miamac (06-07-2018), WaitingWilkes (06-07-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighsfriend View Post
Mine was just offered a job as a teaching assistant also. Instead of the original kitchen work. She says she's much happier with the teaching assistant job.

Tammy absolutely hated working in the kitchen! She's had every job in there. Library was her favorite until she got assigned to classroom work. Despite enjoying the library, it has a couple irritants for her. She has a PC and phone on her desk. The phone's limited to the internal prison system and the PC isn't connected to the Internet. They're constant reminders of what she can't do.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:46 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

What's everyone got going on for their Fourth of July? Anyone getting an extra visit in this week?

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (07-04-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
What's everyone got going on for their Fourth of July? Anyone getting an extra visit in this week?

Just got back from our EXTRA visit! We (including our daughter Sarah and Tammy's sister) had a family breakfast at Tammy's mom's place then we went to visit. We got there early but the line was already pretty long. It was as crowded as I expected it to be but most couples went to the patio, leaving some room in the VR. We got 3 full hours. We went back to mom's house, fired up the grill and had marinated chicken breasts, coleslaw, etc. I hit the road after lunch. Not going to fireworks displays. It's hot, humid and may shower. I'll spend a quiet evening and go to bed early. I'm always excited driving down (singing "Anticipation" now ;~) ). The drive home wears me out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
K6770 (07-05-2018), missingdee (07-04-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 05:23 PM

Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingWilkes View Post
Just got back from our EXTRA visit! We (including our daughter Sarah and Tammy's sister) had a family breakfast at Tammy's mom's place then we went to visit. We got there early but the line was already pretty long. It was as crowded as I expected it to be but most couples went to the patio, leaving some room in the VR. We got 3 full hours. We went back to mom's house, fired up the grill and had marinated chicken breasts, coleslaw, etc. I hit the road after lunch. Not going to fireworks displays. It's hot, humid and may shower. I'll spend a quiet evening and go to bed early. I'm always excited driving down (singing "Anticipation" now ;~) ). The drive home wears me out.

Yay so happy you had a good visit. I'm the same way on the way down very excited to get there the drive doesn't seem like it takes forever but on the way home it seems to drag and I just want to get home and go to bed I'm sure it's that way for everybody. Happy Fourth of July to you and your wife
Old 08-31-2018, 05:10 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

How are we doing gentlemen? Any visits this weekend?

-Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-01-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
How are we doing gentlemen? Any visits this weekend?

Hope all's well at your end. I assume that no news is good news.

I'm heading for my usual weekend visits soon, with our usual holiday family visit to follow.

Hope everyone else here in the "Men's Section" of PTO will be able to visit.
missingdee (09-13-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Been kind of a quiet week on this forum. Thought I would check in with you guys and see how everything's doing.

Dee has this stupid "Juju on that Beat" song stuck in my head. The six weeks that she's been home have been a bit of a whirlwind. The transition is going well, not always smoothly, but well. We've had our beach trips, our meals out, our watching movies, our time to ourselves.....and of course, the moment she gets in the car, the bluetooth is set to her phone and the radio's on her presets.

Ugh. Anyone got a solution to get the "Juju on that Beat" song out of my head?

Anyway.....how's everyone else doing? Who's going to visit this weekend? Anyone with a wife/girlfriend back at home have any updates or news to share?

-E
I was wondering what you know about the parole release date eing a firm date or not? Also, Maybe what you know about the ITU program in prison and how long it might be? Intensive Treatment Unit I think they call it here in WY. Thank you
Old 09-13-2018, 11:57 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanmissingwife View Post
I was wondering what you know about the parole release date eing a firm date or not? Also, Maybe what you know about the ITU program in prison and how long it might be? Intensive Treatment Unit I think they call it here in WY. Thank you

It varies from state to state how, exactly, they handle paroled dates and release.

In California, the only date that's 100% firm is the max-out date. It's possible to get a release date and then, for disciplinary reasons, lose it. I'd imagine the same is true in other states. That said, provided that an inmate is behaving and not receiving write-ups, usually if they are granted a parole date, it will be pretty firm provided they continue the behavior.

Not familiar with the programs in other states. Is ITU a drug/mental health program? If so, I know our similar programs in California can keep an inmate for an indeterminate amount of time. Policy probably varies from state to state, but if that's what it is then the gist of it would be a combination of groups, classes geared toward substance abuse, anger management, coping skills, etc. and some level of individual, one-on-one therapy. In California there is a program similar to that called EOP and inmates in that particular program are housed separately from the general population (though with more privileges than someone in, say, Protective Custody or AdSeg/SHU.)

If not...I guess I'd need to know why she was in to have some idea on how to explain what she might be experiencing.

Has she been given a tentative release date yet?

-E

-Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-25-2018, 02:45 PM

All I here in here is crickets. Where is everybody? Is anything good happening for anyone?
missingdee (09-25-2018)
Old 09-25-2018, 03:15 PM

I appreciate you silencing the crickets WaitingWilkes.
I get to see my girl this weekend, its been almost a month since our last visit. Down to a few more months to go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoubleDown For This Useful Post:
missingdee (09-25-2018), WaitingWilkes (09-27-2018)
Old 09-25-2018, 05:33 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

I'm around. Nothing good to report. But as always, I'm here for you gentlemen if you need me.

-E

-Thomas Jefferson
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (09-27-2018)
Old 09-25-2018, 05:39 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDown View Post
I appreciate you silencing the crickets WaitingWilkes.
I get to see my girl this weekend, its been almost a month since our last visit. Down to a few more months to go.
Always nice to get down toward the end. Do you have an official countdown at this point, or waiting for a final date?

-Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-26-2018, 06:43 AM

Waiting for the final date. We think 12/5 but it could change a bit. Waiting to see on the good time calculation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoubleDown For This Useful Post:
missingdee (09-26-2018), WaitingWilkes (09-27-2018)