Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Long distance or prison relationship?
I would prefer a long distance relationship 375 72.67%
I would prefer a prison relationship 141 27.33%
Voters: 516. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Madly in love

I guess to me.. our relationship isn't all about me. It is about us. I would want him FREE. There is no reason on earth I would ever want him to stay in a cell if there is an option... I guess the " I KNOW where he is & what he is doing" answers my previous question about whether this is really a "do you trust your man" survey. I guess the answer for me is YES - I trust him! If I didn't - I wouldn't be with him. Sorry ladies.. call me naive but I can't wrap my mind around locking my man up if there is a choice. Oh well.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 05:28 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox73
If you could choose:

Would you rather be in a long distance relationship with him free, for the same amount of time he was sentenced to (however long it is)?
You could visit twice a year, have phonecalls whenever, emails, texting and skype.

OR

Would you rather keep things as they are with him in prison doing the same amount of time he was sentenced to and then be completely free to be with you 24/7?
Long distance hands down. He can be free then.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Donation Award 

Id hate to not see him the 5 or so times a week I am now. I only have 19 months left and then forever. For him I'd like him to be free but i'd hate to see him only a year.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Faithfully Waiting

I'd rather him be free, I feel like it would be the most selfish thing in the world to wish your LO was in prison in any kind of situation.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:29 PM

to be real i would rather have the prison relationship because i could see and speak to him everyday...and on top of the thought bein in prison can be dangerous bein in the real world can be much more worse...when he's in prison (god forbid) but if anything happened to him i would know and i would also know where he is at all times...in the real world he could disappear or get into some trouble and i may not know what happened to him.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:00 PM

Long distance relationship..then we could talk anytime, skype, text, visit whatever...plus I wouldn't have to have the stress of worrying about why he didn't call or why this or why that.. so much less worries then.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:20 PM

Long distance anyday!!! Both are very tough but it would be much better to be able to visit and still have more quality time!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Donation Award 

We are apart because He's in prison -period-
We would never be apart long distance for any other reason. So it's impossible for me to imagine any other situation.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:04 PM

ForumRunner_20120422_210413.jpg i miss mines so much i can't till my touch it's taking to long

Last edited by sherres; 04-22-2012 at 08:07 PM..
Old 04-22-2012, 08:10 PM

I actually started my relationship with my man long distance. It sucked! (mainly due to the fact I was under 18 and my parents did NOT agree with it at all, lol) But, the alternative is much worse, imo. The stressors are radically different and vary in severity. It seems like a no-brainer question to me, but each relationship has different circumstances, so I can see how others may favor the latter.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:31 PM

I admit I had to think about this because our relationship has grown immensly because of his incarceration. If he'd stay out we probably wouldn't have lasted over a month and I'm being generous. But truth is I do love him so much that I would want him free and hopefully safe compared to being where he is where his guard has to be up 24/7. Definately would prefer the long distance relationship. No FV in AZ so being able to have sex would definately be a plus. Then there's the long uninterrupted phone calls, and phone calls at anytime of day as long as other events allowed it. Privacy on phone sex, noone else listening to your intimate moments. I could go on and on...
Old 04-23-2012, 08:45 AM

Both options are hard. I hate long distance relationships and i see my boyfriend like once a week so i pick the second option

Old 04-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Madly in love

FREE!!! No question about it FREE!!!! Why would I even for one minute consider having him continue to be locked up - bad food, poor medical care, no control over his own life and so forth. I LOVE him!!! It ain't about me.. it is about HIM!! After all isn't that what loving a person is about... putting THEM first!

Last edited by LindiLLou; 04-24-2012 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: correct spelling...
Old 04-24-2012, 03:53 PM
one love two deep baby!!!

FREE of course !!!
Faith--it doesn't make things easier, it makes them possible! Luke 1:37
Old 04-25-2012, 12:22 AM

I would much rather my husband home free with a long distance relationship! Love him to much for him to be locked down
Old 05-16-2012, 07:09 AM

This was a hard choice for me. I voted for the prison option but that's because I thought quickly about just the time... I didn't stop and think about all of the things that come with the prison sentence... Like the probation, judgments, disrespect, etc...
But if it came down to just the physical and the time. I think I would do the prison because twice a year is crazy to think about for me.... I at least get to see my husband 3 times a week. We get to laugh and play games and eat at the prison's restaurant.
IDK... Tough question.

Okay, I'm editing this because I read my response and it sounds terrible. I want to make it clear I would never, ever, wish my husband was in prison. I would do anything to let him be free!!
I was ONLY thinking about the time. I basically answered the question, "would you rather see your husband 3 times a week but only be able to kiss hello and goodbye and have guards watching, or would you rather be able to do anything and could be physical with your man two times a year?" In that case I would rather see him every week like I do. Twice a year would kill me. Butttt the text messages and Skype would be pretty amazing.

Last edited by Amanda_UWW; 05-16-2012 at 07:18 AM..
Old 05-16-2012, 01:06 PM
HIS WONDER WOMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox73
If you could choose:

Would you rather be in a long distance relationship with him free, for the same amount of time he was sentenced to (however long it is)?
You could visit twice a year, have phonecalls whenever, emails, texting and skype.

OR

Would you rather keep things as they are with him in prison doing the same amount of time he was sentenced to and then be completely free to be with you 24/7?
I would prefer a long distance relationship. And since I could only visit twice a year, I'd make each visit last 6 months. Correct?! Lol
Old 05-16-2012, 01:37 PM

Long distance relationship would be better for sure. At least we could do whatever we wanted when we visited each other and not limited on hours as much as visiting a prison. He would be safer too and I wouldn't worry as much. There wouldn't be lockdowns or the hole. Plus it would be nice to skype him, text him and call him whenever instead of being limited to 15 minute phone calls that are recorded.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:33 PM
ShonBabegurl

Definitly long distance. Screw this prison crap I hate it and I hate to see him going thru it. I agree with Sweet Tee i'd just stay for the 6 months lol
Old 05-17-2012, 07:00 PM

Free please. My guy plans on moving closer to his parents when he's free so I will be in a long distance relationship. Perfectly happy with that. This just plain sucks.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:39 PM

I would choose this prison relationship SOLELY because he has less than two months left. Long distance is tough no matter what but I just have to wait out these next few weeks then he's all mine.

Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now, But it can't rain forever.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:05 AM

Both long distance and prison relationship is hard. BUT if you have patience and are strong enough mentally you can do either one.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:54 PM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 PTOQ Editorial Team Member Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Winner 

Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,189 Posts

Long distance Mind you I am biased as we are currently in one Lol

USA Green Card DV 2017 Lotto Winner for OC CN7**
The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, forgetting that you are special too
Previous International - Long Distance - MWI Relationship
Old 05-19-2012, 06:21 PM

I'm going to be the odd one out lol because i would rather have him inside. My reasons are inside i can see hom once a week thru glass and as of july i get one conjugal a month plus one family visit with me him and his mom (if she comes) in a private room, that ones also once a month, plus i get phone calls everyday . So for me i'd get to touch my baby less if it was long distance. I CANNOT WAIT FOR JULY!!!

And then my soul saw you and it kind of went 'oh there you are. I've been looking for you'

Old 05-20-2012, 05:38 PM

Free. I don't get to visit all that often now and I don't get calls at all and I don't get many letters either. So to be able to talk, text, Skype, email whenever we wanted would certainly be a trade up!