Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Profiles and information about Connecticut prisons

Old 05-01-2007, 04:59 AM

Default Walker Lockdown

Hi,
Does anyone know why walker is on lockdown. Went for a visit last night and there was a sign on the door that said they we on lockdown. Any info would be welcome,I haven't heard from my son since last tuesday.
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,595 Times in 2,182 Posts

The best thing too do since you havent talked too him is call up there and make sure he is ok, and you can also ask why are they on lockdown most of the time they will tell you . I hope you hear from him soon .
Old 05-01-2007, 04:14 PM

Hi,
I also have a good friend in Walker that I haven't heard from in awhile either. He use to call every night, but since the middle of April, the phone situation there has gone from bad to worse. I guess 2 out of 4 phones were broke for a week, but even now, my friend says that it has become nearly impossible to get to the phone daily. He says people are fighting over them like crazy now (he says he's witnessed atleast a dozen fights over the phone), I guess just more new people are coming in and the demand for the phones is much greater now. As for them being on lockdown, I hadn't heard, but it makes since because I know I would have gotten a call by now if they were on reg. status. Either way, the phone situation there at walker sucks - have any of you gotten calls from your loved ones on that one phone where you can NOT hear them at all? They literally have to yell into the phone and it sounds like they are calling from the moon or something!!! Horrible. . . Anyway, if I hear anything about Walker I will post with updates. Hang in there. . .
Old 05-02-2007, 05:14 AM

Thanks DB,
That may be why he has stopped calling as much as he was. He used to call twice a week and now it down to maybe once. Although we do go to see him every monday night. Not sure yet why they were on lockdown, but his girlfriend went to visit yesterday after calling. I guess we will be calling everytime we visit now because it is an hour ride oneway.
And
Old 05-02-2007, 05:15 AM

Thanks DB,
That may be why he has stopped calling as much as he was. He used to call twice a week and now it down to maybe once. Although we do go to see him every monday night. Not sure yet why they were on lockdown, but his girlfriend went to visit yesterday after calling. I guess we will be calling everytime we visit now because it is an hour ride oneway.
And yes the phones suck.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:42 AM

HI, my husband is in macdougall and they also were on lockdown on monday because there was a problem with the lights they kept going off so they cancell visits but everything is back to normal now
Old 05-03-2007, 04:44 AM

Hi Naika He finally called and told me the same thing. He also said there have been issues with the phones not working properly and arguments over them. Don't know how MacDougall is.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:09 AM

Hi Traci I'm glad that you spoke to your son. Because i know how it feel's when you don't hear from your love one.But as for the phones in macdougall we have'nt had any problems yet he call's me every night.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Walker Phones

Hi, I wanted to ask the ladies here with boyfriends/family in Walker, I know we mentioned it briefly before, about the phone situation getting worse there in Walker (meaning that more people have been using them, fights over using the phone, etc.) but I'm starting to wonder if my man isn't just using that as an excuse at this point. He use to call every night, then in March he lost his phone privileges for 30 days, and now he calls once every 3 or 4 days. When I question him about it, he gets mad and says "I told you about the phone situation here . . ." but come on, I'm sure there are guys there that get to call their girls every night, right? or am I just being too untrusting?