Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:21 PM

Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default WSP Visitation & Dress Code Thread

If itís about visiting, dress code or visiting approval it goes here.
This thread is for INFO, Q&A ONLY.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 12:02 AM
BB ♥

This has been a good week I must say! I'm finally approved after nearly 3 months. I'm trying to go Sunday, you guys have suggestions on what color and type of clothing gets in with no problem?! Thank you.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:08 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seredipity View Post
This has been a good week I must say! I'm finally approved after nearly 3 months. I'm trying to go Sunday, you guys have suggestions on what color and type of clothing gets in with no problem?! Thank you.
Anything black, not too tight and not too revealing is your best bet for not having issues during processing.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:24 AM
BB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLife12 View Post
Anything black, not too tight and not too revealing is your best bet for not having issues during processing.
Can I wear red with it?
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 AM
THEWIFEY02

why does wasco take so long to approve I visit other prison and never waited so long...so does itvreally take 2 or 3 months or should I call everyother week I submit mines in november she told me mines still processing
Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM
BB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEWIFE02 View Post
why does wasco take so long to approve I visit other prison and never waited so long...so does itvreally take 2 or 3 months or should I call everyother week I submit mines in november she told me mines still processing
Hey girl didnt your guy get there before mines? I got approved this week I just got home from there maybe your approved already bcuz I called Monday and ask had they received mine bcuz it would have made 3 months next week she was like yea I'm working on it now then he got the approval form on Wednesday. Sorry it's taking so long tho
Old 01-07-2013, 09:34 PM

So from what it sounds like, I've got a couple more months at least before I hear anything about my approval?! Guess I knew it'd be like that...was praying for a miracle that it wouldn't be that long...it's only been just over a month since I sent my form in.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 PM

Default clothes and COs

Quote:
Can I wear red with it?
You can wear red. You can also wear any color of the rainbow with the exception of orange, green, or anything listed that you can't wear. Shirts have to have sleeves and no cleavage showy type shirts. It's the same thing with pants. Just the clothes can't be like super tight.

At my most recent visit with my man (he's in reception) on 12/29, I saw a lot of people mostly playing it safe with wearing black. But I also saw a few people wearing pink and purple skinny jeans. TBH, I though skinny jeans wouldn't be allowed but...(shrugs). I also hear from other people that were there when I saw my man that it all depends on the COs working at the visitation check in. Sometimes you get chillax COs and then there are days where they're really strict.

I recently got a couple outfits the other day at Walmart. Along with no underwire bras So just check out your local Walmart or Kmart. I pretty much decided to stick to the safe side and bought some LEI black flared jeans, and then 2 long sleeved sorta turtle-necked tops. What it seemed like to me is that COs are probably more concerned with ladies showing off too much while being in there.

But if you ever go to see your man, and the COs have a problem with your outfit...there is a Friend's Outside trailer that has plenty of visitation appropriate clothes that you can borrow (for free) for the day. They are very friendly there as well.
since 3/18/2011

The Following User Says Thank You to LoveBug9 For This Useful Post:
Seredipity (01-08-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 12:13 AM
BB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBug9 View Post
You can wear red. You can also wear any color of the rainbow with the exception of orange, green, or anything listed that you can't wear. Shirts have to have sleeves and no cleavage showy type shirts. It's the same thing with pants. Just the clothes can't be like super tight.

At my most recent visit with my man (he's in reception) on 12/29, I saw a lot of people mostly playing it safe with wearing black. But I also saw a few people wearing pink and purple skinny jeans. TBH, I though skinny jeans wouldn't be allowed but...(shrugs). I also hear from other people that were there when I saw my man that it all depends on the COs working at the visitation check in. Sometimes you get chillax COs and then there are days where they're really strict.

I recently got a couple outfits the other day at Walmart. Along with no underwire bras So just check out your local Walmart or Kmart. I pretty much decided to stick to the safe side and bought some LEI black flared jeans, and then 2 long sleeved sorta turtle-necked tops. What it seemed like to me is that COs are probably more concerned with ladies showing off too much while being in there.

But if you ever go to see your man, and the COs have a problem with your outfit...there is a Friend's Outside trailer that has plenty of visitation appropriate clothes that you can borrow (for free) for the day. They are very friendly there as well.
Thank you I really needed all this info. I went Sunday I wore red, black and white. I wore black sweats they told me I can't any more but it was okay since it was my first visit. It seems like everyone wore black so I'm going to just stick with that and few other colors. Like you I thought skinny jeans weren't acceptable but most of the people had them on so I guess there okay. Overall it went alot better than I expected and I didn't beep at all through the metal detector whoo hoo! This girl got sent back for having too many keys I was like wow luckily I only brought 1. I'm trying to go again this weekend hopefully I can make that happen.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:15 AM
BB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by escrappy818 View Post
So from what it sounds like, I've got a couple more months at least before I hear anything about my approval?! Guess I knew it'd be like that...was praying for a miracle that it wouldn't be that long...it's only been just over a month since I sent my form in.
Yes it takes a little while they just approved mine which I sent it in 10/16 she said she didn't receive it til 10/30 smh. Hopefully they get to yours soon.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Thank you I really needed all this info. I went Sunday I wore red, black and white. I wore black sweats they told me I can't any more but it was okay since it was my first visit. It seems like everyone wore black so I'm going to just stick with that and few other colors. Like you I thought skinny jeans weren't acceptable but most of the people had them on so I guess there okay. Overall it went alot better than I expected and I didn't beep at all through the metal detector whoo hoo! This girl got sent back for having too many keys I was like wow luckily I only brought 1. I'm trying to go again this weekend hopefully I can make that happen.
Sorry I totally forgot to mention that you can't exactly wear sweats of any kind...But congrats on seeing your man. Always stick to the safe side. It almost never fails.
since 3/18/2011

Old 01-09-2013, 11:38 AM
BB ♥

Quote:
Sorry I totally forgot to mention that you can't exactly wear sweats of any kind...But congrats on seeing your man. Always stick to the safe side. It almost never fails.
Thank you! Yea you use to be able to wear sweats idk why they changed the rules but know I know. This weekend I'm just going to wear purple long sleeve, black jeans, and my purple shoes.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:09 PM
THEWIFEY02

thanks ya for the color ideas so ill know ...im still waiting to get approved they received mines nov 30 so hopefully jan 30 or at least before valentimes......Do anybody recommebd i send another visiting form in ...would that help ??
Old 01-15-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
thanks ya for the color ideas so ill know ...im still waiting to get approved they received mines nov 30 so hopefully jan 30 or at least before valentimes......Do anybody recommebd i send another visiting form in ...would that help ??
If you've already submitted the one visitation form, I don't think you would need to submit another one. Sadly, the only thing I can say is to be patient with them approving it. Cuz it really can take a lil while, since they get so backed up with forms. But hopefully you can get approved soon.
since 3/18/2011

Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 PM

Default No more hooded sweaters

As of last week, all sweaters/jackets with a hood are no longer allowed
The Following User Says Thank You to Halo18 For This Useful Post:
LoveBug9 (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyperberry View Post
As of last week, all sweaters/jackets with a hood are no longer allowed
Well it's a good thing that my hood on my jacket can zip off LOL.
since 3/18/2011

Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 AM
BB ♥

Hey ladies the time I visited while my honey was still there I wore sweats the CO told me since it was my first time it was okay but there not allowed.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 PM

Talking

Quote:
Hey ladies the time I visited while my honey was still there I wore sweats the CO told me since it was my first time it was okay but there not allowed.
Same here..first visit at wasco, i wore light gray sweats..the exact shade of gray the guys wear! Processed in with no problem. After all that, I was into my visit only about 1 hour when they finally noticed and then I got booted
Very upset and I wish I had known beforehand
Old 01-30-2013, 12:15 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well it's a good thing that my hood on my jacket can zip off LOL.
Yes, that'll definitely work....until they make a new rule for jackets with detachable hoods! Lol... If it comes to that, we're all in trouble.
Always got in fine with my cute hooded zip-up sweaters. But the CO said it just started
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 PM

Question Still Waiting

on my visitation approval. Sent in the beginning of December...it's now Feb 1st. I suspect I may not get approval before he is transferred at this point. Will I have to resubmit a new form to his new location if I don't receive approval from Wasco before he leaves?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:48 PM
stayflynolie

Quote:
on my visitation approval. Sent in the beginning of December...it's now Feb 1st. I suspect I may not get approval before he is transferred at this point. Will I have to resubmit a new form to his new location if I don't receive approval from Wasco before he leaves?
* same here I submitted mine n December still waiting but from my understanding ur approval will follow him where ever he goes
Old 02-04-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Hope you get approved soon! My family members are still waiting as well. They sent their forms in in Dec too. Im sure you'll know something soon, and you won't need to reapply.
The Following User Says Thank You to Halo18 For This Useful Post:
escrappy818 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 01:54 AM
taking a break

On average it takes about 3 months to get approved. Most inmates stay in reception 3-6 months, some up to one year before being transferred out. Approvals will follow where ever they go. All approvals are in a statewide computer system. Approvals in reception always take longer as those facilities are full of new inmates and the applications come in none stop. Now, if he is transferred before you are approved then yes you will have to reapply. That approval will not take as long. Piece of advice. After the 3 month mark as him to request his visitors approval list you might be on there and they have not informed him yet. I would also tell him to request his list if he is transferred and no word yet. The CDCr isn't one to have a great track record on informing inmates.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:46 AM
THEWIFEY02

i sent my form in November and still waiting to get approve ...I call every week ..the lady said their just about to finish November application ...so to let ya know their Not on December. yet

Last edited by THEWIFE02; 02-06-2013 at 09:47 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
i sent my form in November and still waiting to get approve ...I call every week ..the lady said their just about to finish November application ...so to let ya know their Not on December. yet
Okay...so maybe this month sometime. I sent mine at the very beginning of December. So I'll keep my fingers crossed