Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to SVSP Salinas Valley State Prison located in Soledad, California.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:18 PM

You would had have to make a sunday appt.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla510 View Post
You would had have to make a sunday appt.
My friend Is going tomorrow & shes gonna ask so i will let you guys know what they say A.S.A.P.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:08 PM

Sunday is regular visits. Is just that saturday thats a special day.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Love You 4 Life

I had to make another one for Sunday June 16. I cancelled my Saturday one.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:53 AM

If you don't have an appointment can you still do a walk-in ? And if so what time can I stand in line for walk-ins ? And what time does walk-ins start ?
Old 06-10-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenBee14 View Post
If you don't have an appointment can you still do a walk-in ? And if so what time can I stand in line for walk-ins ? And what time does walk-ins start ?
Yes you can do a walk-in. People are there from really earky hut you might want to be there maybe at 10:00 to be obe of the first. The last appointment time is at 11:30 so after thet are called you will be next unless there is no 11:30 appointment then you can get in a bit earlier.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM

Ok I just want to make sure I am clear. I know this Saturday there are no appointments for visits. But can you just regularly do a walk in at 11 (without an appointment) ?
Old 06-12-2013, 08:55 PM

I have a ? Ladies, how long does it take to get approved for visiting? Thanks
Old 06-13-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_and_Only View Post
Ok I just want to make sure I am clear. I know this Saturday there are no appointments for visits. But can you just regularly do a walk in at 11 (without an appointment) ?
There is no regular visits this saturday because of "get on the bus" program they have
Old 06-24-2013, 12:09 PM

Default Vegetarian meals at visitation

Hello, Just wondering if anyone out there has any information on how to set up a vegetarian meal for an upcoming visit. My inmate found a phone # to the restaurant that caters those meals but when I called the phone just rang. Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you!!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:37 PM

I've only been out to visit one weekend (saturday and sunday) and this was my first time ever to visit an inmate so i wasn't quite prepared for the lack of courtesy. Maybe i just caught them on a bad weekend but they could definitely work on their manners. I made sure to buy heels less than 2 inches and i wore all black. I was told my on my saturday visit that my entire outfit was unacceptable as it was too tight and my heels were too high. My outfit was not any tighter than anyone else visiting that day and my heels were within guidelines. However rather than losing my visit all together, i opted to visit the infamous clothing trailor where i found a very acceptable black "transformers" t-shirt some adolescent male was so gracious to donate. Therefore, on my sunday visit, i decided the pants and nikes from the previous day did the trick so i wore those again. I paired that with a sports bra, black tank top and black sweater. To my surprise i was rejected again due to my sports bra being visible up by my neckline (guess i should have opted for a turtleneck). At that point i was sent back to the infamous trailor where i found yet another little boy's black t-shirt which got me in. I am heading back this weekend and have went to target and purchased a pack of my own little boy's t-shirts to save them the hassle of sending me to the trailor to borrow someone elses. I did however see a female at visitation wearing heels that were closer to 4"...so maybe its all about who you know? Oh, i also got lectured for bringing in two forms of id. Appaerently being overly effecient is frowned upon by the powers that be over at svsp. My inmate told me it may be due to them thinking i may give one out to be used for unlawful purposes or something of that nature. It did lead to good laughs at our visit regarding the irony that he cant get out of prison and i cant get in!! The other visitors were very nice and helped teach me the ropes about what to do, what not to do and what to expect. All i can say is if you even have the slightest inkilng that your attire may be an issue that it is wise to error on the side of caution. These people dont play. Oh, and they wont laugh if you make a joke either. And dont park in the first parking lot closest to the entrance (its for staff)...yes i learned that the hard way, too. Best of luck and maybe i'll see some of you this weekend!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 408TOSOCAL For This Useful Post:
dope_e86 (06-25-2013), no_one04 (06-24-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 04:08 PM

Whats the email to make appts? Thanks
Old 06-24-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408TOSOCAL View Post
I've only been out to visit one weekend (saturday and sunday) and this was my first time ever to visit an inmate so i wasn't quite prepared for the lack of courtesy. Maybe i just caught them on a bad weekend but they could definitely work on their manners. I made sure to buy heels less than 2 inches and i wore all black. I was told my on my saturday visit that my entire outfit was unacceptable as it was too tight and my heels were too high. My outfit was not any tighter than anyone else visiting that day and my heels were within guidelines. However rather than losing my visit all together, i opted to visit the infamous clothing trailor where i found a very acceptable black "transformers" t-shirt some adolescent male was so gracious to donate. Therefore, on my sunday visit, i decided the pants and nikes from the previous day did the trick so i wore those again. I paired that with a sports bra, black tank top and black sweater. To my surprise i was rejected again due to my sports bra being visible up by my neckline (guess i should have opted for a turtleneck). At that point i was sent back to the infamous trailor where i found yet another little boy's black t-shirt which got me in. I am heading back this weekend and have went to target and purchased a pack of my own little boy's t-shirts to save them the hassle of sending me to the trailor to borrow someone elses. I did however see a female at visitation wearing heels that were closer to 4"...so maybe its all about who you know? Oh, i also got lectured for bringing in two forms of id. Appaerently being overly effecient is frowned upon by the powers that be over at svsp. My inmate told me it may be due to them thinking i may give one out to be used for unlawful purposes or something of that nature. It did lead to good laughs at our visit regarding the irony that he cant get out of prison and i cant get in!! The other visitors were very nice and helped teach me the ropes about what to do, what not to do and what to expect. All i can say is if you even have the slightest inkilng that your attire may be an issue that it is wise to error on the side of caution. These people dont play. Oh, and they wont laugh if you make a joke either. And dont park in the first parking lot closest to the entrance (its for staff)...yes i learned that the hard way, too. Best of luck and maybe i'll see some of you this weekend!
Wow!!!! I'm getting ready to go up there in a few weeks for the first time and by the reads of your post I'm really not looking forward to it. I've been to other prisons and they are all different. Most of the time I wear black and tennis shoes. I don't like sports bras so I customize my bras. Hopefully next week you have a better experience . Is $50 in singles still the amount we can take in?
Thanks for the heads up on this place.
The Following User Says Thank You to no_one04 For This Useful Post:
PrisonWife,CA (06-25-2013)
Old 06-25-2013, 11:50 AM

You make appts with vpass now. Yes 50is still the amount u can bring in
Old 06-25-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
You make appts with vpass now. Yes 50is still the amount u can bring in
I'm driving from LA to visit my husband and I was wondering whats the best time to make an appt. Do they ternimate visits if there's a lot of visitors? Thanks
Old 06-25-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_one04 View Post
I'm driving from LA to visit my husband and I was wondering whats the best time to make an appt. Do they ternimate visits if there's a lot of visitors? Thanks
Since i have been visiting they have only terminated ones. It doesn't really get that packed on regular weekends. It gets more packed on holidays. Any time is good but for me is 8:30 so you can spend more time and make it worth it for all that driving you will be doing. Are you visiting both days?
Old 06-26-2013, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Since i have been visiting they have only terminated ones. It doesn't really get that packed on regular weekends. It gets more packed on holidays. Any time is good but for me is 8:30 so you can spend more time and make it worth it for all that driving you will be doing. Are you visiting both days?
That's good to hear. No I'm going to make an appt for Sunday 7/14 only. I want to see how the drive is going to be. From what goggle said its like a 5 hr drive from LA. So I'm going to leave my house like at 3am to be there by 8:30am.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:11 PM

Can anypne help me please. I haven't had a visit for a while. I know you can make an appointment on VPASS now. I have a couple of questions. Can you still call to make an appoinment ? or is it only through VPASS now ? Also Can you still email the the visiting Sergeant Santos ? Also on the VPASS website what day to the update it and add new days to the visiting appointments ? Thank you in advance on whoever replies to my questions.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenBee14 View Post
Can anypne help me please. I haven't had a visit for a while. I know you can make an appointment on VPASS now. I have a couple of questions. Can you still call to make an appoinment ? or is it only through VPASS now ? Also Can you still email the the visiting Sergeant Santos ? Also on the VPASS website what day to the update it and add new days to the visiting appointments ? Thank you in advance on whoever replies to my questions.
From what i know is only VPass now. You can make your appts two weeks in advance and they open the new visit times on sundays at 7pm.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:44 PM

Than you so much
Quote:
From what i know is only VPass now. You can make your appts two weeks in advance and they open the new visit times on sundays at 7pm.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:14 AM

I learned on my first visit no flip flops and my shirts need to go to my collar bone. They did have real food which was a shocker for me. I plan to go again just hate the drive alone.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2inmate View Post
I learned on my first visit no flip flops and my shirts need to go to my collar bone. They did have real food which was a shocker for me. I plan to go again just hate the drive alone.
Yes they have to have a back strap. did you have a good visit?
Old 07-07-2013, 06:50 PM

I make my visiting appointments every Sunday between 7:00-7:30 and I always get 9:30 or 10:00 appointments. is anyone else always getting late appointments. who gets the 8:30 appointments? lol
The Following User Says Thank You to lyffe For This Useful Post:
no_one04 (07-07-2013)
Old 07-07-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyffe View Post
I make my visiting appointments every Sunday between 7:00-7:30 and I always get 9:30 or 10:00 appointments. is anyone else always getting late appointments. who gets the 8:30 appointments? lol
If I make 8:30 appointments I would have to leave my house at 3am, so for my first visit up there next Sunday I made it for 10am.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_one04 View Post
If I make 8:30 appointments I would have to leave my house at 3am, so for my first visit up there next Sunday I made it for 10am.
That's a good idea since your coming from far away, I hope you have a great visit!
The Following User Says Thank You to lyffe For This Useful Post:
no_one04 (07-08-2013)