Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to SVSP Salinas Valley State Prison located in Soledad, California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 06-06-2013, 11:18 PM
PrisonWife,CA's Avatar
PrisonWife,CA PrisonWife,CA is offline
04.26.10
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 554
Thanks: 83
Thanked 221 Times in 149 Posts
Default

You would had have to make a sunday appt.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PrisonWife,CA For This Useful Post:
lyffe (06-07-2013)
Sponsored Links
  #52  
Old 06-07-2013, 02:21 PM
lyffe lyffe is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MONTEREY
Posts: 398
Thanks: 114
Thanked 96 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla510 View Post
You would had have to make a sunday appt.
My friend Is going tomorrow & shes gonna ask so i will let you guys know what they say A.S.A.P.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-07-2013, 11:08 PM
PrisonWife,CA's Avatar
PrisonWife,CA PrisonWife,CA is offline
04.26.10
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 554
Thanks: 83
Thanked 221 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Sunday is regular visits. Is just that saturday thats a special day.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Sun'skitty's Avatar
Sun'skitty Sun'skitty is offline
Love You 4 Life
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: California, USA
Posts: 292
Thanks: 68
Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
Default

I had to make another one for Sunday June 16. I cancelled my Saturday one.
__________________
One who walks a road with love will never walk alone. C.T. Davies
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-10-2013, 10:53 AM
ReenBee14's Avatar
ReenBee14 ReenBee14 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SGV, Cali
Posts: 84
Thanks: 15
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default

If you don't have an appointment can you still do a walk-in ? And if so what time can I stand in line for walk-ins ? And what time does walk-ins start ?
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-10-2013, 11:20 PM
PrisonWife,CA's Avatar
PrisonWife,CA PrisonWife,CA is offline
04.26.10
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 554
Thanks: 83
Thanked 221 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenBee14 View Post
If you don't have an appointment can you still do a walk-in ? And if so what time can I stand in line for walk-ins ? And what time does walk-ins start ?
Yes you can do a walk-in. People are there from really earky hut you might want to be there maybe at 10:00 to be obe of the first. The last appointment time is at 11:30 so after thet are called you will be next unless there is no 11:30 appointment then you can get in a bit earlier.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM
One_and_Only's Avatar
One_and_Only One_and_Only is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sac, California
Posts: 484
Thanks: 166
Thanked 124 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Ok I just want to make sure I am clear. I know this Saturday there are no appointments for visits. But can you just regularly do a walk in at 11 (without an appointment) ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:55 PM
no_one04's Avatar
no_one04 no_one04 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 588
Thanks: 238
Thanked 164 Times in 133 Posts
Default

I have a ? Ladies, how long does it take to get approved for visiting? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-13-2013, 07:36 AM
PrisonWife,CA's Avatar
PrisonWife,CA PrisonWife,CA is offline
04.26.10
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 554
Thanks: 83
Thanked 221 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_and_Only View Post
Ok I just want to make sure I am clear. I know this Saturday there are no appointments for visits. But can you just regularly do a walk in at 11 (without an appointment) ?
There is no regular visits this saturday because of "get on the bus" program they have
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PrisonWife,CA For This Useful Post:
One_and_Only (06-13-2013)
  #60  
Old 06-24-2013, 12:09 PM
408TOSOCAL 408TOSOCAL is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Vegetarian meals at visitation

Hello, Just wondering if anyone out there has any information on how to set up a vegetarian meal for an upcoming visit. My inmate found a phone # to the restaurant that caters those meals but when I called the phone just rang. Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you!!
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 06-24-2013, 12:37 PM
408TOSOCAL 408TOSOCAL is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

I've only been out to visit one weekend (saturday and sunday) and this was my first time ever to visit an inmate so i wasn't quite prepared for the lack of courtesy. Maybe i just caught them on a bad weekend but they could definitely work on their manners. I made sure to buy heels less than 2 inches and i wore all black. I was told my on my saturday visit that my entire outfit was unacceptable as it was too tight and my heels were too high. My outfit was not any tighter than anyone else visiting that day and my heels were within guidelines. However rather than losing my visit all together, i opted to visit the infamous clothing trailor where i found a very acceptable black "transformers" t-shirt some adolescent male was so gracious to donate. Therefore, on my sunday visit, i decided the pants and nikes from the previous day did the trick so i wore those again. I paired that with a sports bra, black tank top and black sweater. To my surprise i was rejected again due to my sports bra being visible up by my neckline (guess i should have opted for a turtleneck). At that point i was sent back to the infamous trailor where i found yet another little boy's black t-shirt which got me in. I am heading back this weekend and have went to target and purchased a pack of my own little boy's t-shirts to save them the hassle of sending me to the trailor to borrow someone elses. I did however see a female at visitation wearing heels that were closer to 4"...so maybe its all about who you know? Oh, i also got lectured for bringing in two forms of id. Appaerently being overly effecient is frowned upon by the powers that be over at svsp. My inmate told me it may be due to them thinking i may give one out to be used for unlawful purposes or something of that nature. It did lead to good laughs at our visit regarding the irony that he cant get out of prison and i cant get in!! The other visitors were very nice and helped teach me the ropes about what to do, what not to do and what to expect. All i can say is if you even have the slightest inkilng that your attire may be an issue that it is wise to error on the side of caution. These people dont play. Oh, and they wont laugh if you make a joke either. And dont park in the first parking lot closest to the entrance (its for staff)...yes i learned that the hard way, too. Best of luck and maybe i'll see some of you this weekend!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 408TOSOCAL For This Useful Post:
dope_e86 (06-25-2013), no_one04 (06-24-2013)
  #62  
Old 06-24-2013, 04:08 PM
no_one04's Avatar
no_one04 no_one04 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 588
Thanks: 238
Thanked 164 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Whats the email to make appts? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-24-2013, 08:38 PM
no_one04's Avatar
no_one04 no_one04 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 588
Thanks: 238
Thanked 164 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408TOSOCAL View Post
I've only been out to visit one weekend (saturday and sunday) and this was my first time ever to visit an inmate so i wasn't quite prepared for the lack of courtesy. Maybe i just caught them on a bad weekend but they could definitely work on their manners. I made sure to buy heels less than 2 inches and i wore all black. I was told my on my saturday visit that my entire outfit was unacceptable as it was too tight and my heels were too high. My outfit was not any tighter than anyone else visiting that day and my heels were within guidelines. However rather than losing my visit all together, i opted to visit the infamous clothing trailor where i found a very acceptable black "transformers" t-shirt some adolescent male was so gracious to donate. Therefore, on my sunday visit, i decided the pants and nikes from the previous day did the trick so i wore those again. I paired that with a sports bra, black tank top and black sweater. To my surprise i was rejected again due to my sports bra being visible up by my neckline (guess i should have opted for a turtleneck). At that point i was sent back to the infamous trailor where i found yet another little boy's black t-shirt which got me in. I am heading back this weekend and have went to target and purchased a pack of my own little boy's t-shirts to save them the hassle of sending me to the trailor to borrow someone elses. I did however see a female at visitation wearing heels that were closer to 4"...so maybe its all about who you know? Oh, i also got lectured for bringing in two forms of id. Appaerently being overly effecient is frowned upon by the powers that be over at svsp. My inmate told me it may be due to them thinking i may give one out to be used for unlawful purposes or something of that nature. It did lead to good laughs at our visit regarding the irony that he cant get out of prison and i cant get in!! The other visitors were very nice and helped teach me the ropes about what to do, what not to do and what to expect. All i can say is if you even have the slightest inkilng that your attire may be an issue that it is wise to error on the side of caution. These people dont play. Oh, and they wont laugh if you make a joke either. And dont park in the first parking lot closest to the entrance (its for staff)...yes i learned that the hard way, too. Best of luck and maybe i'll see some of you this weekend!
Wow!!!! I'm getting ready to go up there in a few weeks for the first time and by the reads of your post I'm really not looking forward to it. I've been to other prisons and they are all different. Most of the time I wear black and tennis shoes. I don't like sports bras so I customize my bras. Hopefully next week you have a better experience . Is $50 in singles still the amount we can take in?
Thanks for the heads up on this place.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to no_one04 For This Useful Post:
PrisonWife,CA (06-25-2013)
  #64  
Old 06-25-2013, 11:50 AM
PrisonWife,CA's Avatar
PrisonWife,CA PrisonWife,CA is offline
04.26.10
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 554
Thanks: 83
Thanked 221 Times in 149 Posts
Default

You make appts with vpass now. Yes 50is still the amount u can bring in
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PrisonWife,CA For This Useful Post:
no_one04 (06-25-2013)
  #65  
Old 06-25-2013, 03:40 PM
no_one04's Avatar
no_one04 no_one04 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 588
Thanks: 238
Thanked 164 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla510 View Post
You make appts with vpass now. Yes 50is still the amount u can bring in
I'm driving from LA to visit my husband and I was wondering whats the best time to make an appt. Do they ternimate visits if there's a lot of visitors? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:40 PM
PrisonWife,CA's Avatar
PrisonWife,CA PrisonWife,CA is offline
04.26.10
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 554
Thanks: 83
Thanked 221 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_one04 View Post
I'm driving from LA to visit my husband and I was wondering whats the best time to make an appt. Do they ternimate visits if there's a lot of visitors? Thanks
Since i have been visiting they have only terminated ones. It doesn't really get that packed on regular weekends. It gets more packed on holidays. Any time is good but for me is 8:30 so you can spend more time and make it worth it for all that driving you will be doing. Are you visiting both days?
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PrisonWife,CA For This Useful Post:
no_one04 (06-26-2013)
  #67  
Old 06-26-2013, 01:48 AM
no_one04's Avatar
no_one04 no_one04 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 588
Thanks: 238
Thanked 164 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla510 View Post
Since i have been visiting they have only terminated ones. It doesn't really get that packed on regular weekends. It gets more packed on holidays. Any time is good but for me is 8:30 so you can spend more time and make it worth it for all that driving you will be doing. Are you visiting both days?
That's good to hear. No I'm going to make an appt for Sunday 7/14 only. I want to see how the drive is going to be. From what goggle said its like a 5 hr drive from LA. So I'm going to leave my house like at 3am to be there by 8:30am.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-27-2013, 02:11 PM
ReenBee14's Avatar
ReenBee14 ReenBee14 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SGV, Cali
Posts: 84
Thanks: 15
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Can anypne help me please. I haven't had a visit for a while. I know you can make an appointment on VPASS now. I have a couple of questions. Can you still call to make an appoinment ? or is it only through VPASS now ? Also Can you still email the the visiting Sergeant Santos ? Also on the VPASS website what day to the update it and add new days to the visiting appointments ? Thank you in advance on whoever replies to my questions.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-27-2013, 11:10 PM
PrisonWife,CA's Avatar
PrisonWife,CA PrisonWife,CA is offline
04.26.10
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 554
Thanks: 83
Thanked 221 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenBee14 View Post
Can anypne help me please. I haven't had a visit for a while. I know you can make an appointment on VPASS now. I have a couple of questions. Can you still call to make an appoinment ? or is it only through VPASS now ? Also Can you still email the the visiting Sergeant Santos ? Also on the VPASS website what day to the update it and add new days to the visiting appointments ? Thank you in advance on whoever replies to my questions.
From what i know is only VPass now. You can make your appts two weeks in advance and they open the new visit times on sundays at 7pm.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PrisonWife,CA For This Useful Post:
no_one04 (06-28-2013)
  #70  
Old 06-28-2013, 02:44 PM
ReenBee14's Avatar
ReenBee14 ReenBee14 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SGV, Cali
Posts: 84
Thanks: 15
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Than you so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by carla510 View Post
From what i know is only VPass now. You can make your appts two weeks in advance and they open the new visit times on sundays at 7pm.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:14 AM
married2inmate married2inmate is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I learned on my first visit no flip flops and my shirts need to go to my collar bone. They did have real food which was a shocker for me. I plan to go again just hate the drive alone.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:38 AM
PrisonWife,CA's Avatar
PrisonWife,CA PrisonWife,CA is offline
04.26.10
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 554
Thanks: 83
Thanked 221 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2inmate View Post
I learned on my first visit no flip flops and my shirts need to go to my collar bone. They did have real food which was a shocker for me. I plan to go again just hate the drive alone.
Yes they have to have a back strap. did you have a good visit?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-07-2013, 06:50 PM
lyffe lyffe is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MONTEREY
Posts: 398
Thanks: 114
Thanked 96 Times in 69 Posts
Default

I make my visiting appointments every Sunday between 7:00-7:30 and I always get 9:30 or 10:00 appointments. is anyone else always getting late appointments. who gets the 8:30 appointments? lol
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lyffe For This Useful Post:
no_one04 (07-07-2013)
  #74  
Old 07-07-2013, 09:42 PM
no_one04's Avatar
no_one04 no_one04 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 588
Thanks: 238
Thanked 164 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyffe View Post
I make my visiting appointments every Sunday between 7:00-7:30 and I always get 9:30 or 10:00 appointments. is anyone else always getting late appointments. who gets the 8:30 appointments? lol
If I make 8:30 appointments I would have to leave my house at 3am, so for my first visit up there next Sunday I made it for 10am.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-08-2013, 02:55 AM
lyffe lyffe is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MONTEREY
Posts: 398
Thanks: 114
Thanked 96 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_one04 View Post
If I make 8:30 appointments I would have to leave my house at 3am, so for my first visit up there next Sunday I made it for 10am.
That's a good idea since your coming from far away, I hope you have a great visit!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lyffe For This Useful Post:
no_one04 (07-08-2013)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pleasant Valley State Prison Visitation & Dress Code Thread traviesita Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California 1358 05-25-2017 08:40 PM
Corcoran State Prison (COR) Visitation & Dress Code Thread traviesita Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California 446 12-03-2016 08:35 PM
Centinela State Prison Visitation & Dress Code Thread pj663 Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California 84 11-11-2016 11:59 AM
Visiting Salinas Valley State Prison? Dress code? Anything else I should know? horseshoegirl Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California 23 04-09-2008 11:03 AM
Welcome to Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) Barbara Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California 25 03-28-2008 11:17 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:16 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics