Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Avenal State Prison (ASP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Avenal State Prison (ASP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Avenal State Prison in California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-14-2012, 11:35 AM
traviesita's Avatar
traviesita traviesita is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Califas...
Posts: 3,284
Thanks: 3,122
Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default ASP Visitation & Dress Code Q&A

If it’s about visiting, dress code or visiting approval it goes here.
This thread is for INFO, Q&A ONLY.
__________________
Site Moderator:
Cali What you Need to Know ~
Arizona ~ Arkansas~ KVSP ~ Loving a Lifer
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:39 AM
MissingHim06 MissingHim06 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 162
Thanks: 68
Thanked 81 Times in 24 Posts
Default Visiting Questions

Hello All!

This forum is very quiet so I'm hoping someone comes along that can answer my questions. My husband is endorsed to Avenal and we expect to move here any day now! My question is can we make appointments for visits? If so is it available via email? What are the times to schedule appointments? Thank you in advance for answering my questions! If there are any other details you can provide they would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Will'sCharlie Will'sCharlie is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 270
Thanks: 73
Thanked 260 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Hi!

Yes, you can make appointments for visiting. The easiest way is to email a visiting appt. request two Mondays before the weekend of your visit. For example, if you are visiting Saturday January 19th, you'd email your visiting appt. request between 4 a.m. Monday January 7th and noon Tuesday January 20th. I normally don't email till I get up Monday around 7:30 a.m. and I always get a 8:15 or 8:30 appointment, so I don't think extraordinary alarm clock measures are needed.

The email address is: ASPVisitingCDCR@cdcr.ca.gov

Avenal is the most pleasant and relaxing visiting situation I've experienced in the CA prison system. In general, the staff is pleasant and helpful and there does not seem to be quite the game playing and arbitrary rule enforcement that I've seen at other facilities. This is, of course, my personal experience and I'm sure you can find horror stories out there.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me and I'll try to help.

Charlie
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Still His Boo Still His Boo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Fresno, California
Posts: 19
Thanks: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will'sCharlie View Post
Hi!

Yes, you can make appointments for visiting. The easiest way is to email a visiting appt. request two Mondays before the weekend of your visit. For example, if you are visiting Saturday January 19th, you'd email your visiting appt. request between 4 a.m. Monday January 7th and noon Tuesday January 20th. I normally don't email till I get up Monday around 7:30 a.m. and I always get a 8:15 or 8:30 appointment, so I don't think extraordinary alarm clock measures are needed.

The email address is: ASPVisitingCDCR@cdcr.ca.gov

Avenal is the most pleasant and relaxing visiting situation I've experienced in the CA prison system. In general, the staff is pleasant and helpful and there does not seem to be quite the game playing and arbitrary rule enforcement that I've seen at other facilities. This is, of course, my personal experience and I'm sure you can find horror stories out there.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me and I'll try to help.

Charlie
I must agree whole hearted with Charlie, the appt are so very easy to make and all most every officer I have had to deal with is great, although I do think my personal experience is from the visiting room you are in. Correct me if I am wrong on that Charlie. My room is C3 so this is all I know about.
All my best to all
Dené
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-07-2013, 07:57 PM
MissingHim06 MissingHim06 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 162
Thanks: 68
Thanked 81 Times in 24 Posts
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still His Boo View Post
I must agree whole hearted with Charlie, the appt are so very easy to make and all most every officer I have had to deal with is great, although I do think my personal experience is from the visiting room you are in. Correct me if I am wrong on that Charlie. My room is C3 so this is all I know about.
All my best to all
Dené
Thank you for your feedback! How many visiting rooms does ASP have?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 AM
grimznchikiz's Avatar
grimznchikiz grimznchikiz is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 155
Thanks: 62
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

do i need an appt for gp? i no you do for adseg
__________________
HISLOVE HISLIFE HISWIFE ~ MYLOVE MYLIFE MYEVERYTHING PARA SIEMPRE Y UN DIA R&A
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Still His Boo Still His Boo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Fresno, California
Posts: 19
Thanks: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingHim06 View Post
Thank you for your feedback! How many visiting rooms does ASP have?
I am not sure about the number of visiting rooms although if you look at the picture on line - to me it looks like they have 6 to 8 visiting rooms for the whole place........... I would always set your appt for 8:15 to 9:00 them you have a better chance of staying at a table all day.

All my best
Dené
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Still His Boo Still His Boo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Fresno, California
Posts: 19
Thanks: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimznchikiz View Post
do i need an appt for gp? i no you do for adseg

I would always set an appt. this way there is never a surprise and you always get in and do not have to wait out side in the weather. You can do the appts on-line and it makes your life so simple and easy. They are very very good about replying to e-mails............ 4:00am Monday to Thursday at I think 10:00am you send an e-mail for the next week visit and you are done and set.

All my best to you and yours
Dené
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Still His Boo For This Useful Post:
grimznchikiz (01-10-2013)
  #9  
Old 01-21-2013, 11:29 PM
JohnsFancyFace's Avatar
JohnsFancyFace JohnsFancyFace is offline
*~hE WuZ mA eVeRyThAnG~*
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Stockton, USA
Posts: 34
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Visiting ASP

Hi! I am planning to visit my husband who is currently @ ASP. I have visited there in the past about 5 years ago so I am unsure how the visiting takes place now. Before I would just leave home early in the am & wait in a line to get a number. It seems as if things have changed. Can anyone give me some more detailed information on the visiting process? I keep seeing that you can email for an appt. Is this true? Please Help!
__________________
Mrz. InDependent
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Will'sCharlie Will'sCharlie is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 270
Thanks: 73
Thanked 260 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Now it is best to get an appt for visiting at Avenal. Easiest way is to email an appt request.

Email appt requests are accepted between 4:30 a.m. Mondays and 12 noon Tuesdays. You may request the appt as early as two Mondays before you want to visit. For example, I am visiting February 2, so I emailed a request yesterday, January 21.

Send your appt request to aspvisitingcdcr@cdcr.ca.gov . Put "Visiting Request" and "Date" in subject line. In the body of the email include: Date requested, Time requested, Inmate Name, CDC #, and Name of Visitor.

I normally get a response with my appt time on the Wednesday or Thursday after I send the request.

I think you'll find that this system works really well and is a lot easier than lining up to get it in.

Charlie

Last edited by Will'sCharlie; 01-22-2013 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: typo--not enough caffeine :)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Will'sCharlie For This Useful Post:
JohnsFancyFace (01-22-2013)
  #11  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:48 AM
JohnsFancyFace's Avatar
JohnsFancyFace JohnsFancyFace is offline
*~hE WuZ mA eVeRyThAnG~*
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Stockton, USA
Posts: 34
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Thanks! I went on the ASP website after I posted & got the information. I emailed the request this morning for Feb 2nd as well.
__________________
Mrz. InDependent
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:24 PM
JohnsFancyFace's Avatar
JohnsFancyFace JohnsFancyFace is offline
*~hE WuZ mA eVeRyThAnG~*
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Stockton, USA
Posts: 34
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will'sCharlie View Post
Now it is best to get an appt for visiting at Avenal. Easiest way is to email an appt request.

Email appt requests are accepted between 4:30 a.m. Mondays and 12 noon Tuesdays. You may request the appt as early as two Mondays before you want to visit. For example, I am visiting February 2, so I emailed a request yesterday, January 21.

Send your appt request to aspvisitingcdcr@cdcr.ca.gov . Put "Visiting Request" and "Date" in subject line. In the body of the email include: Date requested, Time requested, Inmate Name, CDC #, and Name of Visitor.

I normally get a response with my appt time on the Wednesday or Thursday after I send the request.

I think you'll find that this system works really well and is a lot easier than lining up to get it in.

Charlie
Charlie, you said you usually get a response by Weds or Thurs! Do they send the email responses out at a certain time on those days? I emailed my request Tuesday morning and I have not received a reply or anything from them yet. I have been trying the phone line since it opened this morning & can not get through (constantly busy).
__________________
Mrz. InDependent
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Will'sCharlie Will'sCharlie is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 270
Thanks: 73
Thanked 260 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsFancyFace View Post
Charlie, you said you usually get a response by Weds or Thurs! Do they send the email responses out at a certain time on those days? I emailed my request Tuesday morning and I have not received a reply or anything from them yet. I have been trying the phone line since it opened this morning & can not get through (constantly busy).
/s

I also emailed my appt request early Monday morning and have yet to receive a response (it's currently a little after 8:00 p.m. Thursday). I actually came on here to post a question asking if anyone had received their confirmations yet.

I have a couple of errands early Friday morning. After that, if I haven't received anything, I will give ASP a call and see if I can find out anything. I'll post whatever info I get (or don't get) or I will post if I receive a confirmation email.

Would appreciate it if anyone else who gets a confirmation email or any other info also posts.

Be back tomorrow before noon.

Charlie
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Will'sCharlie Will'sCharlie is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 270
Thanks: 73
Thanked 260 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Still no confirmation email for my visiting request. Can't get anyone to answer at Avenal.

I had this happen once before and I forwarded the previous week's request the following Monday along with an explanation that I had not received a confirmation. I received a confirmation at that point.

So, I'll let everyone know if I receive a confirmation. Hope everyone else will too.

Charlie
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:33 PM
stanie's girl's Avatar
stanie's girl stanie's girl is offline
Stanie's Love
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: california, USA
Posts: 130
Thanks: 25
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default

I am wondering if we can wear a red shirt or if we can wear layered shirt (you know like wear a tank top under your shirt) if anyone know please help
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Will'sCharlie Will'sCharlie is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 270
Thanks: 73
Thanked 260 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanie's girl View Post
I am wondering if we can wear a red shirt or if we can wear layered shirt (you know like wear a tank top under your shirt) if anyone know please help
Red is fine to wear. Don't wear blue, brown/khaki or camouflage no matter the color.

No layers. I've seen women get through with layering like you are talking about and I've seen them refused, but the actual rule is no layers. I just don't take the chance.

Charlie
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Will'sCharlie Will'sCharlie is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 270
Thanks: 73
Thanked 260 Times in 119 Posts
Default

As I stated in the earlier post, I emailed my visitation request two Mondays before I was to visit. I never received a confirmation email back.

On the Monday before I was to visit I forwarded the previous week's visiting request and put a note saying that I had sent the email the previous week and had not received a confirmation email. I received a confirmation of my appointment Monday afternoon with an apology.

All's well.

Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will'sCharlie View Post
Still no confirmation email for my visiting request. Can't get anyone to answer at Avenal.

I had this happen once before and I forwarded the previous week's request the following Monday along with an explanation that I had not received a confirmation. I received a confirmation at that point.

So, I'll let everyone know if I receive a confirmation. Hope everyone else will too.

Charlie
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Will'sCharlie Will'sCharlie is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 270
Thanks: 73
Thanked 260 Times in 119 Posts
Default

I just visited this past Saturday and wanted to remind everyone to bring a copy of their visiting appointment confirmation with them when they visit. This past Saturday there were several of us who were not on the list but who had our copies with us. I've seen the occasional person left off the list in the past but this was more than usual.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Charlie
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Will'sCharlie For This Useful Post:
Miss Cornbread (02-04-2013)
  #19  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:27 PM
miss.amanduh8's Avatar
miss.amanduh8 miss.amanduh8 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 24
Thanks: 9
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Visiting this weekend. Please help!

Does anybody know if visiting is open for yard 1 or even at all? They haven't updated the visiting hotline & it is very frustrating to determine whether I should make the drive or not. I'm 9 months pregnant & supposed to be on bed rest plus I'm driving all the way from San Diego area. So if somebody could please please let me know it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Will'sCharlie Will'sCharlie is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 270
Thanks: 73
Thanked 260 Times in 119 Posts
Default

There was visiting last weekend (I visited). The electrical and phone problems were already happening by last Saturday. The only difference I saw was that there were no photos for any yard.

That said honey, maybe the visit isn't the best idea for you right now? I'm certain your LO would want you to do what was best for you and the baby.

Stay well,
Charlie
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Will'sCharlie For This Useful Post:
miss.amanduh8 (06-19-2013)
  #21  
Old 02-14-2013, 09:28 PM
stanie's girl's Avatar
stanie's girl stanie's girl is offline
Stanie's Love
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: california, USA
Posts: 130
Thanks: 25
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Hello ladies, I am planning on visiting both saturday and sunday for the first time ever! I am wondering where are the best places to stay as far as motels go? Is there things to do close by (my man is in ad seg so my visits are not long so I will have lots of extra time on my hands) I believe coalinga and kettleman city are the closest citys near by but not 100% sure! Any information will really help! Thank you so much in advance!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Nica's Avatar
Nica Nica is offline
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: His❤️
Posts: 2,188
Thanks: 25
Thanked 1,222 Times in 759 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanie's girl View Post
Hello ladies, I am planning on visiting both saturday and sunday for the first time ever! I am wondering where are the best places to stay as far as motels go? Is there things to do close by (my man is in ad seg so my visits are not long so I will have lots of extra time on my hands) I believe coalinga and kettleman city are the closest citys near by but not 100% sure! Any information will really help! Thank you so much in advance!

My Baby is up the road at PV, the closest motels to stay at are the Travelodge and Motel 6 in Coalinga. Each is no more than $52 per night. I think there is a town about 30min away, called Hanford/Lemore, with a K-Mart and other eateries.
__________________
WE never stop Believin' as long as we have God, Hope, Faith, & each other...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nica For This Useful Post:
stanie's girl (02-15-2013)
  #23  
Old 02-15-2013, 01:20 AM
stanie's girl's Avatar
stanie's girl stanie's girl is offline
Stanie's Love
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: california, USA
Posts: 130
Thanks: 25
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Thank you very much! Do u know if they get filled up pretty fast should I make a reservations or they should gave rooms?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Nica's Avatar
Nica Nica is offline
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: His❤️
Posts: 2,188
Thanks: 25
Thanked 1,222 Times in 759 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanie's girl View Post
Thank you very much! Do u know if they get filled up pretty fast should I make a reservations or they should gave rooms?
You're welcome. I think the Motel 6 is likely to get full. The Travelodge you have a better shot at getting a room. There are a few places to eat across the street or down the road. Remember it is Valentine/President holiday weekend.

Travelodge # (559) 935-2063--- 25278 W. Dorris Ave Coalinga, Ca----$49.50

Motel 6 # (559) 935-1536 ---25008 W. Dorris Ave Coalinga, Ca ------- $51.50
__________________
WE never stop Believin' as long as we have God, Hope, Faith, & each other...

Last edited by Nica; 02-15-2013 at 07:02 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nica For This Useful Post:
stanie's girl (02-19-2013)
  #25  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:46 AM
stanie's girl's Avatar
stanie's girl stanie's girl is offline
Stanie's Love
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: california, USA
Posts: 130
Thanks: 25
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Thank you very much I will call them today !
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CMC Visitation and Dress Code Q&A miamac California Men’s Colony (CMC) - San Luis Obispo 31 07-01-2017 08:01 PM
CCC Visitation and Dress Code Q&A drelovesdrew California Correctional Center (CCC) - Susanville 16 06-20-2017 02:08 PM
LAC Visitation and Dress Code miamac California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) 18 05-30-2017 03:48 PM
Visitation Dress Code Adean Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions 1 10-04-2012 08:48 AM
Visitation dress code ? HisBabyGirl<3 Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions 3 12-14-2011 10:59 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:26 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics