Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:44 PM

I got married in Danville correction center in 2005.
My husband had to attend a class and they don't have a full time Minister right now so after I took the paper work to the county to get the license - $25.
I had to pay the minister $125 to come to Danville and do the ceremony.
He had to wear his state clothes and I still had to meet the guidlines of what is acceptable.
They took us to a seperate room to do the ceremony and we were allowed 4 witnesses.
After the ceremony we had to go straight back to the visiting room. No time alone and our witnesses were allowed to stay and visit with us.
The only pictures we got is the one's that they take there at the prison which are $7.50 for 2 poloroids.
He was only allowed a plain gold band with the value no more than $50.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Its sounds like it was harsh and cold - but I wouldn't take it back for anything in the world.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2006, 12:03 AM

has n e one got married in lawrence?
Old 05-24-2006, 09:48 AM

Default prison wedding

MY friend married in Marion Federal Prison. She did not have any problems, but that happen under old supervision. I can't speak for today. I think things may differ from Federal and State prisons.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:55 PM

Does anyone know If Shawnee CC lets you marry? I sure would like to know.
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...d5d6/event.png
Old 07-06-2006, 12:08 AM

Does anyone know about Tamms? Probably not though, it's probably not allowed I mean.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:50 PM

Default Getting married in Pekin

Does anybody know if the Pekin sattelite camp allows marriages?
Old 10-15-2006, 04:52 PM
Missing my fiance :(

Default Not Ture you CAN get married at MENARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostonhall
You still CANNOT get married at both Stateville and Menard. Nothing has changed as far as those two prisons are concerned.

In Randolph County the problem is STILL that the County Clerk, Patricia Laramore, will not go to the prisons to do all the paperwork. She still insists she's not going to waste taxpayers money on 'convicts'.

Rose
YOU CAN GET MARRIED AY MENARD, I CALLED A WEEK AGO AND TODAY IS 10-15-06.

Old 10-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Missing my fiance :(

Default Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostonhall
Don't hold your breath waiting to get married anywhere in Illinois. The situation hasn't changed. there're very, very few weddings being allowed. And, Mande, before you write and tell me you got married, you're the only one we know of THIS YEAR and you were extremely lucky to get away with it.

Rose
I JUST MADE SEVERAL CALLS TO DIXON, ROBINSON, JACKSONVILLE, MENARD & SHERIDAN...YOU CAN CAN CAN GET MARRIED AT ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsu p:

Old 10-16-2006, 01:23 AM
Donation Award 

The following are the criteria you have to meet to get married in Menard, as sent to me by the Chaplain there:

.The Offender must be in "A" or "B" Grade status
. No segregation time or loss of good time in the last 12 months
. The Offender cannot be affilliated with a Security Threat Group (STG)
. The Offender must be a Low Escape Risk
. The Offenders' fiance cannot be on parole, on stop order, or incarcerated. The intended spouse cannot be an individual on bond, mandatory supervised release or probation. If the intended spouse is an ex-inmate, both the offender and the spouse must write to the Warden for permission to marry after the spouse is off parole
. The Fiancee must use the same name as listed on and be on the Offender's visiting list.
.Offenders in Reception and Classification status, offenders being housed at this facility on writ status or placed in segregation will not have wedding requests considered.
.The Offender and the intended spouse are solely responsible for obtaining a marriage appllication from Randolph County. A date and time will be arranged with the county clerk for the purpose of acquiring the marriage application. The Offender and the intended spouse are solely responsible for all financial obligations associated with the marriage ceremony and all fees must be paid before the ceremony will be scheduled. At the present time the fee for a Randolph County marriage application is 20.00 (non-refundable) plus a trasporation fee of $ 176.49. Therefore, a money voucher in the amount of 176.49 should be made out to the State of Illinois and submitted to the Trust Office. The fiance will be required to bring the 20.00 marriage application fee to the county clerk. A certified copy of the marriage license can be obtained from the county clerk for a fee of 10.00. However, it is not required to obtain a certified copy of the marriage license.
.The Offender or the intended spouse is solely responsible for arranging for an approved credentialed officiant to conduct the marriage ceremony. The offender must provide the name and phone number of the officiant when the offender returns the application to the Chaplaincy Department.
.Wedding bands to be used in the ceremony must be received 2 weeks prior to the ceremony. The wedding band (no stones) is not to exceed 50.00 in value.
.Offenders must obtain, complete and return a request for marriage form from the Chaplain's office before approval of the ceremony will be considered.
.Marriage applications will only be scheduled on Thursdays during the months of January and July.
Any questions in regard to this bulletin should be referred to the Chaplaincy Department.
This bulletin is signed by Donald A Hulick Warden

The first marriages are likely to take place in January 2007, if they don't find some other reason for not being allowed.

Unfortunately, there are many of us who still can't get married. It seems some inmates are more equal than others when it comes to weddings.

Rose

Last edited by Rostonhall; 10-16-2006 at 01:49 AM..
Old 10-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Banned

Someone should file a lawsuit against these rules. If they allowed even one inmate to get married at any time who doesn't meet the above criteria, then they have already set precedence.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:54 PM

My fiancee at stateville in joilet said u have to have 10 years or less to get married since he has 40 years they wont allow it well if u are married they shall allow u two to have sex maybe it will be ok one day
Old 06-11-2007, 12:40 PM

Thank you, I meant to say Marion Federal Prison. But since this post my friend has already gotten married there, and the 10 yrs or less did not apply. I know that State and Federal work on different standards. They have been married now for 3 years. Thank again.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:30 PM
missing my baby

My Fiancee is in Taylorville Correctional Center and he wants to get married do you know if they will alow it there

R.I.P. Carl McDONOUGH WE ARE ALL GOING TO MISS YOU

Can't wait to have my baby in my arms again!

Old 01-30-2008, 07:34 AM

I was told that inmates in Menard can get married no matter how long they are there. I do know that the inmate has to be in good status at the prison with no problems.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:20 PM

Does anyone know about the marriage process in Robinson Correctional Center? Is it even allowed?
Old 02-21-2009, 04:49 AM
Deuce & Tae

Soon, I'd like to get married at Pekin Correctional Facility, I believe it's a federal prison. Does anybody know how that would work?
Old 07-16-2009, 03:06 PM

Ok, Im new to this but does anyone know if Jacksonville does weddings?? And how long the inmate has to be in for??? We want to get married soon, but we're not sure what the process is. Im soo lost.... can some one please help?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:43 PM

Does anyone know if u can marry in pinckneyville correctional center and if so ... what do i need to do..? What are the requirements?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:41 PM

Smile Hi everyone I got info on Illinois River Prison and the marriage process

I got married there august 21 2009 (Illinois River prison). Understand ladies that the Chaplain and the Warden does not allow this to happen often, they do not make the process very easy for you but I wont say that it was all that hard either mainly because me and my now husband was determined to make it happen.There are some marriage counseling classes that are required of the inmate to do and the Chaplian gives these classes but all along letting them know every step of the way that he is against prison marriages ( these classes aren't given often ).When the class is part way complete all that still want to get married start the process yes I had to sign a paper stating I wanted to marry him and i also had to answer some questions like a quiz type thing from his classes he took, it was like me participating too. I had to give copy of my birth certificate and prior divorce papers and copy of my ID.since i am in Michigan everything was done by mail it was on me to mail money to the county clerk office to apply for the license which the Chaplain after calling him was very vague on giving me direct info on how to apply for the license but the county clerk person which it is only ONE person that is the county clerk person this is how small it is she was glad to exsplain what the Chaplain did not the chaplain even gave us the wrong papers to fill out and it was a certain date it all had to be done by had I not been the person that I am and ask a lot of questions to the county clerk person I would no have known i had the wrong papers .so once all this done now I have to find a person to marry us and since I dont belong to a church and his pastor was not trying to answer us back i had to go the the internet for help I looked up weddings.com and several others I finally found one that made me feel comfortable like they would actually show up and not just take my money and run with it I found a lady named LORIE BERTONIE (BIG UPS TO HER ) these services require you to pay up front and they want you to pay for their miles from where they coming from and to the prison and most times they coming several cities away from the prison she drove 2 hours to do this but she got paid good for it it was around 300.00. they don't do any work until they get a deposit I had to be in Illinois the day before to sign for the license to be issued the next day the county clerk comes to the prison for this. the process is just like it is for a visit but they take you in a separate room to sign the papers( it was not required for him to have his birth certificate) this was the first time i got to sit by my fiance' side by side like this the first thing we both do is grab each others hand under the table their was no officers in there I got a chance to touch his thigh and yeah I almost was in that area until it was my turn to sign he was trying to keep a straight face through it all that was fun.so after this you wait almost 24 hours they let you continue your visit in the visiting room then the next day i was back oh ladies i had to have me minister call and set everything up with the chaplain on the time and stuff . i was not allowed to wear a wedding dress i was allowed to bring in his ring it was only to put it on his finger at the money of saying i do's.when the wedding happens my two daughters was there they only allowed us to have two people there his people wasn't there.they took us in a separate room they had me and my daughters and the minister in their then they bring him in minutes later the officers leave and we get a chance to have a decent kiss .then the minister marries us it was quick because of the vows we chose i didn't want anything long drawn out then he put my ring on I put his on we kissed the officer came in took his ring immediately and put it in my locker .i had to send it in the mail they did not have a limit on how much it could cost they did not ask for a receipt with it at this time i find out the ring don't fit so this gave me a chance to order him one that fitted so i had the company send it to him they gave it to him right away( it could only be a band ). after all this i get the marriage certificate in the mail like in a week I am now on the 21st of DEC 09 just getting around to legally changing my name over. the chaplain there say he will never marry any one in prison he will not perform the weddings he doesn't believe in this.
The Following User Says Thank You to mkps For This Useful Post:
Ms80sBaby (10-30-2010)
Old 12-18-2009, 10:45 PM

Default tell your fiance'

[quote=51177_31707_1;5095765]Does anyone know if u can marry in pinckneyville correctional center and if so ... what do i need to do..? What are the requirements?[/q

Last edited by mkps; 12-18-2009 at 10:48 PM..
Old 12-18-2009, 11:10 PM

Default Thank God they let them get married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostonhall View Post
You still CANNOT get married at both Stateville and Menard. Nothing has changed as far as those two prisons are concerned.

In Randolph County the problem is STILL that the County Clerk, Patricia Laramore, will not go to the prisons to do all the paperwork. She still insists she's not going to waste taxpayers money on 'convicts'.

Rose
The blacker the berry the sweeter it's juice - Old Romani Proverb
'The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.' - Gandh
how about the way they treat people like animals and animals better than people,,

thank God they allow them to get married,
I know it feels better to
have someone
even if he is locked up,
so it would feel even better
to have someone
if I was locked up.

I love my honey, and am so surprised by his love and patience,

Old 03-09-2010, 08:18 AM

Well the chaplain told my man his agression level has to go from moderate to low that is the only thing holding us back???????????I love him I want to spend my life with him..............
Old 04-22-2010, 03:31 PM

Hello! I just got married about two weeks ago at Lawrence Correctional. Yes, we recieved counseling, one session, it was about twenty minutes. His facility does not have a chaplain at the moment so a chaplain from another institution came for the counseling. The process took about 6 months. No pictures or flowers of any kind were allowed. 4 guests were allowed besides the minister, but I only brought our 4 year old son. The clerk came to the prison to fill out his portion of the marriage license, and I went on my own to fill out my part and pay for it. The rules for clothing were the same as for a visit, so I didnt risk anything with a dress, I just wore a business casual outfit. The cost I paid was $25 for the license. I mailed his wedding band and it was plain, nothing allowed and it had to be under $30 with an attached receipt. Any questions, feel free to PM me.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:41 PM

another thing, i had to get the pastor on my own- i chose one from the area, and he had to go through a background check with the assistant warden. He didnt ask for a fee, just a donation to his church.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:32 PM

Is there anyone who has gotten married at Jacksonville CC in the past year or so?