Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 03-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,554 Times in 4,149 Posts
Default MWI Chat/Check-In Spring and Summer 2017

Happy allergy season! Wait...no. I mean spring. Happy spring.
How ya doing out there, MWI'ers?

Reminder: this is a thread to drop in, give us updates on where you're at, plans for the season and how things are going for you and your MWI. We love hearing from everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-04-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2017, 06:34 PM

Hey everyone so it looks like I'm one of the few guy who me I my woman I drive over the road and one day I was in Minneapolis and a page popped up on Google it was a prison pen pal site so I thought I would give it a shot and here I am 6 months later and I have fallen totally in love with this woman it's crazy the connection we have I have been able to visit her and I'm totally in love with her she gets out in October and I plan on relocating to Minnesota any advice would be great
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxjags84 For This Useful Post:
judiwoo (03-05-2017), Sarianna (03-05-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxjags84 View Post
Hey everyone so it looks like I'm one of the few guy who ...

Hi! So glad you're here. If we get too "our men", feel free to poke us and remind us that it's not all girl talk here.

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to check out our Wives and Girlfriends forum as well as the forum for her state, here.

I've known my MWI husband going on five years (eek!) and we'll be married two years this month. We have a good number of MWI couples happy to share their experience and hard-earned wisdom. Don't be shy.

Welcome to PTO!
Sarianna (03-05-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 07:00 PM

I started talking to my MWI 6 months ago and as the previous comment said, we've fallen head over heels. He will get out next year and I'm super excited. He has listed my address as his parole plan. Because of the distance (he is in Texas and I live in Kentucky) I get special visits. Today we had one....so ready to go back tomorrow...well until I have to go back to Kentucky. Does it ever get easier leaving?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlc73084 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-17-2017), miamac (03-04-2017), Sarianna (03-05-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 07:30 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc73084 View Post
I started talking to my MWI 6 months ago and as the previous comment said, we've fallen head over heels. He will get out next year and I'm super excited. He has listed my address as his parole plan. Because of the distance (he is in Texas and I live in Kentucky) I get special visits. Today we had one....so ready to go back tomorrow...well until I have to go back to Kentucky. Does it ever get easier leaving?
Long distance is tough! I flew back and forth for two years. I'm glad you're able to visit, though.

The leaving part? I don't know if it gets easier, but it changes. In the beginning when we only visited a few times a year I routinely had a major cry fest...usually crammed inside an airplane of strangers. Awkward! Now, we see each other twice a month and sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's not. Sort of like all of life, I it depends on what we're going through at the time.
Sarianna (03-05-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 10:01 PM

Thanks miamac ya I never thought this would happen but it did luckily I drive over the road and get to go to Minnesota often to see her it is so hard leaving but it gets easier because we talk so often on the phone the closer she gets to being out I've noticed she has been getting a little jealous I guess it understandable I plan on moving to Minnesota when she gets out she will be on parole for 16 months but I love her to peices
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxjags84 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-17-2017), miamac (03-04-2017), Sarianna (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 07:04 AM

We talk daily on the phone. That helps. I get to go see him today....and there is so many emotions. I have pure excitement because I get to see him but really down because I know it is the last visit for a few weeks. I'll just be glad when he comes home. Yesterday was a big day for us because he finally met my children. We told them together our intentions of getting married. Thankfully my children love him. I never thought I would find myself in a relationship like this...but I've always been told that the best gifts are surprises and that is so true.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlc73084 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-17-2017), miamac (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 11:55 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,489 Times in 740 Posts

Well, my second visit is coming up at the end of April but since he has been moved to a different facility the visitation is totally different. So I would love your prayers and good wishes that they will grant me a special visit over at least two days.
He hates his new facility but he might be moved again (I have no clue but I think his Mom is trying to work some magic)...
So taking off for NC on April 22nd
a.rare.love (03-17-2017), miamac (03-05-2017), Sarianna (03-06-2017), WeepingWillow (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,431 Times in 735 Posts

Oh boy... I am just sort of all over the place with my emotions lately - granted, there's been a lot else going on in my life too, good and bad...but mainly (I think) because my LO has signed his parole plans and..and....it is less than four months now before he gets out!! One minute I feel like and the next I'm like
Just wish that it was, say, next Christmas already Can't handle this excitement slash nerves!

Anyhow...Mizzy...I know you'll get a special visit...mark my words

Hope everyone else is doing brilliantly!
Old 03-06-2017, 07:07 PM

I am hanging in my man has over 100 yrs so at times it's really hard. Lately I have been really discouraged..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canttouchthis For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-17-2017), miamac (03-07-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Southern Fried Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 2,215 Times in 876 Posts

Mizzy, got my fingers crossed for you! I know you have to be excited!

Sarianna Uh, I don't blame you for being all over the place! Four months isn't that far off and then we're talking BIG moment for you! I'd probably have to be on a steady dose of Ativan just to keep from panicking constantly lol.

I'm doing well right now. My LO is up for review again for release in August. We're trying to find a balance between optimistic but not so optimistic that we're crushed if he's denied. I'm trying to focus on other things - moving into my very own place (for the first time!) in a couple months. Traveling quite a bit. Working all the time to afford the moving and traveling haha. Busy busy so maybe I'll just wake up one day and realize it's time to pick him up

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WeepingWillow For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-17-2017), miamac (03-07-2017), Sarianna (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow View Post
[I'd probably have to be on a steady dose of Ativan just to keep from panicking constantly lol.

----> running to the pharmacy

I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for your LO's upcoming review....hoping for the best possible outcome! You've got the right approach keeping busy - and how exciting to be moving into your own place. Good for you!
Old 03-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by canttouchthis View Post
I am hanging in my man has over 100 yrs so at times it's really hard. Lately I have been really discouraged..
I go through periods of frustration, sadness and discouragement, too. I don't have the magic words to suddenly make it easier for you, but I can remind you that you're not alone in your feelings.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
canttouchthis (03-07-2017), Fitgirl13 (03-09-2017), Sarianna (03-08-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 10:54 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,489 Times in 740 Posts

You guys are so awesome! I got two days, Sunday and Monday but only 2 hours on the first day and 1,5 on the second but I'll take what I can get. I might grovel a bit more but they were very friendly on the phone.

@Sarianna: totally get what you are going through, if that would happen to me, I'd be freaking out - mixture of joy, anticipation and major anxiety :-) Rooting for you though!! Everything will be fine!!
miamac (03-08-2017), Sarianna (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 03:48 AM
Be a voice Not an echo

Thought I would pop in and say hi been a very long time since I was in here .

Sarianna- How exciting and nerve racking all at the same time- hoping all your plans and his work smoothly so its an easier transition.

Mizzy- Oh slightly jealous cant wait till I get to fly to the states to see my man - Even though you didn't get too much time I will pray for you to sweet talk them when you are over there

Have a good day everyone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AussieAngel For This Useful Post:
miamac (03-08-2017), Sarianna (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 04:42 AM

Hey all, definitely need to check-in, it's been a roller coaster lately, as I'm sure most MWI's can relate. I started writing my MWI in November of 2015, met him in person for our first 'date' in February 2016, and we just celebrated our 1 year anniversary of being a couple last month when he proposed and I said yes! Crazy part of our story is that prior to his arrest back in 2013 we lived a mile apart from one another but our paths just never crossed until I found myself browsing on a penpal site and found him. Anyway, so this spring brings a big change for us, he just got transferred to a different prison, so instead of a 3 hour drive, he is now 10 hours away, I'm trying not to complain because I know things could be worse and I just remind myself that I'm lucky that he has a release date in 2019! I just miss him a lot, he is my favorite person in this world <3

Thanks for all the support each of you offer on here, I don't post a whole lot but I always read what others write and it has helped me a lot on this crazy ride! Best of luck to everyone
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
AussieAngel (03-09-2017), miamac (03-08-2017), Sarianna (03-08-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Be a voice Not an echo

Happy 1 year anniversary lolo no good he has just been moved so far away- any chance he will be moved closer within the time he has left?
I know it can be frustrating my man's just been transferred as well 8 hours away from his family and that's a bummer as they were only 30mins away before and his dad is sick so makes it hard for them to travel the 8 hour trip. But yes looking to the bright side seems like a better facility at the moment anyway

The Following User Says Thank You to AussieAngel For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
Happy 1 year anniversary lolo no good he has just been moved so far away- any chance he will be moved closer within the time he has left?
I know it can be frustrating my man's just been transferred as well 8 hours away from his family and that's a bummer as they were only 30mins away before and his dad is sick so makes it hard for them to travel the 8 hour trip. But yes looking to the bright side seems like a better facility at the moment anyway
Aww Thank you so much! We are hoping he will get a lot of halfway house time, possibly as early as August 2018 he would be a lot closer to home

That's a real bummer your guy got transferred especially when family was so close but all we can do is look for something positive even when the situation totally stinks! I hope he is adjusting well to the new facility.
The Following User Says Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
AussieAngel (03-10-2017)
Old 04-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Loving a Lifer!
Donation Award 

Hey everyone!

I am just checking in.... It has been awhile! My MWI are coming up on our third year together. He asked me to marry him. After consideration, I said, "Yes." With him being a lifer, I know it won't be easy but I am "in love" so we just take one day at a time. Everything will work out. He will be moving to a level 2 prison soon and he won't have to live in a cell anymore. He will get able to get "family visits." I will be able to stay with him in a trailer for the weekend after we are married. It will be a lot better than having to get a hotel.

My MWI just had an new show about his case. Sports Illustrated is writing a story about him. He is currently writing a book about his life/football career. :-)

I am still running...... I ran 3 full marathons (26.2 miles) this year along with 2 halves. I still have 2 more full marathons and another half. I am working on trying to run all 50 states. It's my dream! :-)

I hope everyone is doing great! I will be back!
Always_His (04-10-2017), lolo21216 (05-21-2017), miamac (04-10-2017), Sarianna (04-22-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 11:04 PM

I've been talking to my mwi man for just over a year. I travelled to meet him last summer and I've never been happier to be hugged and kissed in my life! I just travelled 2600 miles today to see him again. Tomorrow I see the man I've fallen so deeply in love with. I'm so excited and nervous as hell. When I left the last time I sobbed like a little girl while I was at the airport and on the plane strangers kept coming up to me to give me tissues lol I'm so afraid of the hurt when I leave.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BellsKells For This Useful Post:
miamac (04-20-2017), Sarianna (04-22-2017)
Old 04-22-2017, 02:49 AM
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 

Luv2run -- aww, congratulations on your engagement...please keep us posted on your wedding plans and how things develop. Happy for you both!
P.S. a runner here too...although have had a break this winter and am just finding my feet again now - pun intended Sounds amazing that dream of yours to run all 50 states...you go girl!!

BellsKells -- thanks for the update and wishing you a great visit tomorrow (today!). Let us know how it went

No particular news from this side of the pond... Been a bit depressed for couple of months; lost my dad to cancer in February, things feel overwhelming with my MWI..he's getting out late July and we are just BAD at this letter communication right now, things seem strained somehow but I guess it could just be nerves with both of us as things are about to change big time. The good news is that summer is just around the corner..yay...and I have a job that I like...so there are things to be thankful for.

Wishing everyone a great springtime!
Old 04-23-2017, 04:40 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 5,208 Times in 2,361 Posts

Sarianna I totally get where you are coming from. You have been through a lot but you have much to look forward to and July is just on the horizon.I wish you guys so much happiness, I think everyone says the pre release time is the most stressful.

I have met someone special who really interests me so gonna take it slow and see how it goes. Funny thing is when we first got to know each other I thought he was a bit of an arrogant a**hole. Over a year on and I see the other side of him and i like it a lot. I have been dating in the free world and its been good but no one has interested me like he does. maybe I just like what I cant have but he has 16 months left to serve so we have that time to see how it goes.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
miamac (04-23-2017), Sarianna (04-29-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 04:45 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 5,208 Times in 2,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2run View Post
Hey everyone!

I am just checking in.... It has been awhile! My MWI are coming up on our third year together. He asked me to marry him. After consideration, I said, "Yes." With him being a lifer, I know it won't be easy but I am "in love" so we just take one day at a time. Everything will work out. He will be moving to a level 2 prison soon and he won't have to live in a cell anymore. He will get able to get "family visits." I will be able to stay with him in a trailer for the weekend after we are married. It will be a lot better than having to get a hotel.

My MWI just had an new show about his case. Sports Illustrated is writing a story about him. He is currently writing a book about his life/football career. :-)

I am still running...... I ran 3 full marathons (26.2 miles) this year along with 2 halves. I still have 2 more full marathons and another half. I am working on trying to run all 50 states. It's my dream! :-)

I hope everyone is doing great! I will be back!
Congratulations on your engagement. That is very happy news

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
luv2run (04-24-2017), miamac (04-23-2017), Sarianna (04-29-2017)