Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Massachusetts prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & and related topics.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:36 AM

Default I'm flying in, how is transportation to SBCC?

Hi guys! Sorry to keep popping up on this site with so many questions but I am really freaking out!

I have my flights and hotel booked everything is organised apart from one thing!

How will I get to SBCC? There is no bus or train that would even drop me close.

Does anyone know if you are allowed to get dropped off via taxi/uber at the prison? Is this ok with the rules? What do I fill out on the visit form asking for vehicle registration number?

Also are local taxis reliable and okay with picking up and dropping off at prisons?

I have only just found out that this might be a problem

Does anyone have any advice?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2017, 12:01 PM

I just got back from MCI Shirley. They're all in the same complex/lot really. you should be able to get a taxi since they have parking lots. Most people drove. I heard a guard telling one lady she had to go to another building (her guy was either in SBCC or the Min facility). He was telling her to drive her car so safe to say they had a lot by their building also. I can ask my guy. He's in the Med facility but just came from SBCC and his mother used to visit him regularly there and I know for a fact she drove. For the vehicle registration part, I left it blank since I had rented a car (I'm from out of state also). They didn't give me any problems about leaving it blank. They probably saw I was from out of town and figured.

I was super nervous when I went to visit thinking I wouldn't get in for some reason but surprisingly it was very easy. I hope your trip is painless as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to ssh273 For This Useful Post:
silversprings (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 12:30 PM

Thank you so much for your response!

I think they have a pretty big car park, I could even ask the taxi to drop me off just outside the gate to solve any problems! I think I am freaking out since I want this visit to be perfect!! I don't want anything to go wrong!
Is it a far trip for you to get to visit? What are the visits like? I hope you don't mind me askin yes if you could ask your man I would appreciate that so much!!
Old 04-19-2017, 12:38 PM

It's 1100 miles. A 3 hour plane ride. I went to the Med facility and it was fine. The guards were real laxed. You can stay up to 8 hours and since I came so far of course I stayed 8 hours both Fri and Sat. You sit across from each other with nothing in between so it's very intimate. I can ask my guy how visits go at SBCC. I never visited while he was there. I will respond tonight after i talk to him.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:51 PM
Life Lovin Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,357 Posts

Please don't ever feel the need to apologize for asking questions.I am glad you found us and are getting your questions answered. That is what we are here for. Great job Massachusetts peeps! Keep it up!

Moderator: New Jersey, Juvenile, Prison Activism, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Arkansas, Maryland, Husbands & Boyfriends In Prison