Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Domestic Violence
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Domestic Violence News and information relating to domestic violence in general. Please post here if you don't see a sub-forums that fits better.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:31 PM

Question Parole and domestic violence

Hello all. So my husband went back to prison in January 2016 due to him being on parole and getting new charges. His charges were attempted assault-DV and they are letting him back out on parole in 27 days. When he got that charge it was for an argument, so nothing super crazy.. He put in his parole plan and everything trying to come home. We are married and have a 4 month old baby so he is really wanting to come home since he has nowhere else to go.. Will his parole be approved to come home with me and the kids? We don't have any protection orders or anything of that sort, but he is freaking out that it is going to be denied... Anyone been through this? I need help! I am freaking out and nobody will tell anything, well cause the system just simply sucks!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2016, 02:43 AM

Thanked 8,451 Times in 4,928 Posts

Very few agencies are going to release someone to an address where they committed domestic violence. It would be irresponsible of an agency to allow a volatile situation to re-occur. They know that DV does not occur in a vacuum and, by the time law enforcement is involved, it is typically not the first occasion of such conduct.

He will need to have some other plan to offer up and you need to anticipate that contact will not be permitted for the duration of the period of supervision. This could change once BOTH of you have gone through a substantial period of counseling...
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
yourself (04-08-2017)
Old 12-07-2016, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,637 Times in 9,384 Posts

If you were the victim of his attempted assault, then no, they will not permit him back to the house. Offenders do not parole to the victims of their crimes.

Have you sought counseling from a DV center? It might be wise to do so, and take some therapy sessions. Your husband will have to do something similar before anyone will allow you to be together.
a.rare.love (04-24-2017), sidewalker (12-07-2016)
Old 12-07-2016, 01:56 PM

Talked to parole today and they said as long as there is no protection order in place and the case is closed that there is not much of a reason why they wouldn't allow him to be home. We have a new baby and are married so that helps a little bit and the incident that happened was an argument, nothing physical.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:13 PM

Unhappy Inmate/Husband home plan denied

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
Very few agencies are going to release someone to an address where they committed domestic violence. It would be irresponsible of an agency to allow a volatile situation to re-occur. They know that DV does not occur in a vacuum and, by the time law enforcement is involved, it is typically not the first occasion of such conduct.

He will need to have some other plan to offer up and you need to anticipate that contact will not be permitted for the duration of the period of supervision. This could change once BOTH of you have gone through a substantial period of counseling...

My husband home plan denied b/c of a pfa filed and withdrawn in matter of 48hrs. No violence at our home address. it was a argument that got out control. by both of us. but it has nothing to do with where we live now. we were both under stress living with my family. things are good with us. how or who do I contact to have this reconsidered? the P.O is the one who denied it. we are husband/wife I think this is the P.O trying to control our life. HELP!!!
Old 04-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,637 Times in 9,384 Posts

Sharon, what the PO is working for is to keep your husband from going back to prison on a parole violation. Being in an atmosphere where both people are out of control and stressed is not a great recipe for that. You are probably both going to have to do classes and therapy before the PO will let you live together. Or, if his parole is relatively short, you can do so when he's off paper.
Nickel Timer (04-10-2017), Patrickj (04-08-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
If you were the victim of his attempted assault, then no, they will not permit him back to the house. Offenders do not parole to the victims of their crimes.

As a former D.V. victim, i was going to say this is true,quite analogous to what i was going to type chica,you're correct. Althought it feasibly is diff in other states.

Be safe thread starter.OP.

---

Old 04-24-2017, 08:20 PM

Thanked 8,451 Times in 4,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonb64 View Post
My husband home plan denied b/c of a pfa filed and withdrawn in matter of 48hrs. No violence at our home address. it was a argument that got out control. by both of us. but it has nothing to do with where we live now. we were both under stress living with my family. things are good with us. how or who do I contact to have this reconsidered? the P.O is the one who denied it. we are husband/wife I think this is the P.O trying to control our life. HELP!!!
What counseling did you undergo while he was incarcerated? What counseling did he undergo? If the answer for one or both is none, then it isn't very likely to be reconsidered any time real soon...

Arguments that get out of control are part of an escalation that EVERY agency that supervises releasees HATES to see because they have ALL seen those turn into homicides (in worst case scenario) and more frequently, another future call for service due to domestic disturbances.