Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to SVSP Salinas Valley State Prison located in Soledad, California.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2014, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEES_LUVLEE View Post
hi ladies my husband may be heading to salinas valley i was wondering if any of you could tell me how visiting is there. we have a 2 year old. is there a play area? can we go outside? or do the kids have to just sit there? & can they go with us to the vending machines & microwave? thanx ladies=)
Hey, Salinas Valley visiting is very strict more so to get in than in the actuall visiting room. My hubby is in "C" yard and we too have a 2 year old. It gets difficult at times cause we can NOT go outside and there is no play area they have game boards, books, colors basic things but kids get irritated being a table for so long. You guys can walk around the visiting room in a big circle that's about it. Inmates are allowed to go to the vending machines only to point out what they want but they can't stand around. Microwaves not at all you heat things up they can't be by the microwave talking or keeping you company... As for the kids they can be anywhere u are. I'm not sure about other yards but "C" is like that... If he has an option tell him to go to a different prison...