Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

View Poll Results: FCI Fairton NYC Van Service
YES 2 100.00%
NO 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2003, 08:26 PM

Default FCI--Fairton

I am am reporting to Fairton, NJ camp. I am wheel chair bound with secondary progressive MS. Should I have requested a medical facility? My attorney said that medical facilities are higher security and that the camp would be better. I wonder if I'll be able to get around in the chair. I am a newbie, any feedback will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2003, 05:23 PM

You will have no problem getting around. The camp is very spacious.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:19 PM

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Your information helps minimize my anxiety.

Peace
Old 05-01-2005, 11:16 AM

Question Need some travel info to FCI Fairton NJ

Does anyone know of van or bus service that leaves Manhattan to go to FCI Fairton NJ. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrio115st
Does anyone know of van or bus service that leaves Manhattan to go to FCI Fairton NJ. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I DONT KNOW OF A BUS BUT IM SURE WHO YOUR VISITING CAN FIND OUT
I WAS JUST THERE THIS PAST WEEKEND FROM FRIDAY TO SUNDAY AND I SAW LOTS OF WOMEN SHOW UP TOGETHER IN VANS I GUESS THEY MEET THERE
I ALSO TOOK A LADY I DONT KNOW SINCE MY HUSBAND ASKED ME TO CALL HIS FRIENDS MOM I MET UP WITH HER MAYBE YOU CAN DO THE SAME
GOOD LUCK
Old 11-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Donation Award 

Default Fairton FCI

Anyone have information on Fairton FCI?

For anyone coming behind me...looking for directions but unable to find them with the address listed on www.bop.gov, I'll share what I found.

Since I couldn't get straight directions with the address listed on the bop site, I went to google maps arial view...and noticed a tree farm right down the road. The address listed was as follows:

461 Fairton Rd
Bridgeton, NJ 08302

(The zip code and street are named differently but if you google it, you'll see the FCI)

Not sure this link will work...but it's the google link

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...45962&t=k&om=1

I'm interested in any and all information anyone has.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:26 AM

Hi,

I did 18 mos at the camp what did you want to know???

Joe
Old 11-28-2006, 04:07 AM
Donation Award 

I'm interested in the medium...have basics down after all these years but upon arriving at a new facility for visitation, I am one who likes to go in knowing exactly what I need to be doing and where to go!
Old 12-05-2006, 03:59 PM

Sorry dont know much about the medium other then it is more of a high then a medium, other then being in the shu for about 3 days......

will say the camp wasnt too bad and the cos where very fair and polite at all times
Old 12-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOODT
Sorry dont know much about the medium other then it is more of a high then a medium, other then being in the shu for about 3 days......

will say the camp wasnt too bad and the cos where very fair and polite at all times
Why do you say it's more of a high then a medium?
Old 12-06-2006, 05:05 PM

just going by what the cos said, we where a satilite camp ( outside the fence) and very rearly allowed in but my understanding is that other then the fact that I has no towers unoffically its concidered a med to high security fascility

Last edited by GOODT; 12-06-2006 at 05:06 PM..
Old 12-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Donation Award 

It's understood why you could consider it to be a high serving your time in a FSC. But...from my experience with visiting, it surely resembles a meduim as well as those who have been able to share experiences with me who have had loved ones in USP's as well.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:57 PM

thank you,

the most important thing is that we make it though the time as comfortable as posible

best of luck
Old 08-25-2008, 09:33 AM
With God all is possible!

From the BOP website...

Directions:
NEW YORK
( North of the institution)
Take NJ Turnpike to exit 3( route 168) , to 295 south , follow 295 to Highway 42(Atlantic city) upon entry of this highway proceed to
your right lane and merge on 55 south, proceed to Exit 27, this is route 47, follow route 47 south to the second light merge to your
right which will become (sharp str), make a right on sharp str. When you get to the second light that will be route 49 west (a right
turn)continue on this road until you see (beech street), make a left on this road. Federal Correctional Institution Fairton, will be five
miles down this road on the left- hand side.
PHILADELPHIA, PA
( West of the institution)
Take the Walt Whitman bridge to highway 676 east, follow this road approximately three miles, this will change over to highway 42
south, upon entry of this highway proceed to your right lane and merge on 55 highway proceed to exit 27, this is route 47, follow
route 47 south to the second light merge to your right which will become (sharp str), make a right on sharp str. When you get to the
second light that will be route 49 west (a right turn)continue on this road until you see (beech street), make a left on this road.
Federal Correctional Institution Fairton, will be five miles down this road on the left- hand side.
WASHINGTON, D.C./ DELAWARE
( South of the institution)
From the Southern parts of the Institution take 95 from Washington, D.C. through Baltimore, through Delaware, over the Delaware
Memorial bridge, as soon as, you get off the bridge your first exit will be route 49 east, take this road to the city of Bridgeton, NJ.
When you arrive in Bridgeton continue on routes 49 until you come to the State Building on (Broad and Pearl) make right at light
stay on that road until you reach a Sanoco gas station, make a left stay on road about three to four miles and the institution will be
on your right
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ
( East of the institution)
From the Easterly parts of the Institution in include but not limited to Pleasantville route 40 and Absecon route 30 take these road
ways to Mays Landing, NJ. On arriving in Mays Landing get on highway 552 (west) continue on this road to Wade Blvd. You will
make a left, take this route 49 and make right, you will proceed (west) to beech str.,make a left on this road. Federal Correctional
Institution Fairton, will be five miles down this road on the left- hand side.

For your convenience, telephone numbers for taxi service in the Millville area are provided.
Visitors who need to call for a taxi at the end of their visit may use the pay telephone located in the Front Lobby.
Millville Yellow Cab 825-2100
Available Cab 451-9017
Deluxe Red & Black Taxi 691-0505

Last edited by tica1224; 08-25-2008 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: give credit to the BOB website
Old 03-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Donation Award 

Unhappy What is is like inside Fairton FCI?

My heart is in there now and I want to know what it's like for him. I have read about the schedule and the controlled movements but I want to know where he sleeps, is it a cell with bars, or a solid door? Are they dorms? He is in the medium security, not the camp. Anything anyone can tell me would help a lot. I am stressin....
Old 12-20-2006, 01:02 PM

Default Fairton FCI (Camp)

I was wondering if anyone could give me some general information on the Camp at Fairton FCI. I know someone who is attmepting to get transferred to Fairton. I just wanted to know the conditions of this facility and any other non BOP website information that is available.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:50 PM

hi I did 18 mos there, If you have to do time its the place to have to do it !!!

smallest camp in the system, foods pretty good, cos are fair and sometimes even pleasent, conditions are above average

I was there 1998-2000 it was still relativly new

if you have any specific questions dont hesitate to ask

Last edited by GOODT; 12-24-2006 at 02:51 PM..
Old 04-28-2008, 04:44 PM

[quote=GOODT;2440183]hi I did 18 mos there, If you have to do time its the place to have to do it !!!

is there a drug program in the camp
Old 04-28-2008, 08:11 PM

NO, there is not a drug program there.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:01 PM

I have read quite a few of your posts, and appreciate your help! I am going to Fairton Camp very soon and would like to know more about your experience there.
What things they allowed you to have... how many books, glasses and/or contacts, what kind of exercise available, your bed/room description, fellow inmates and their demeanor, access to library and internet, uniforms...
I really appreciate any time you can give to help me understand what to expect and what i can bring with me!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:26 PM

If You Get The Info You Need Can U Send It My Way I Might Be There Myself Thanks
Old 08-28-2007, 03:21 PM

HI

milltaxi this thread is from dec- jan so I dought they will reply but I did send you a pm if you have any other questions please dont hesitate to pm me

thanks
Joe
Old 05-11-2008, 09:23 AM

HI
as abbey stated there was no drug progam there when I did my time I also heard resently the the new aast warden there is making things worse there

Joe
Old 05-11-2008, 11:28 AM

Abbey09 posted back in Dec.'07 about the new Asst. Warden (a female) at the Fairton Camp and the crappy changes she made. Here is Abbey's post (she has two posts in this thread; read them both):

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...hlight=fairton

Aso, she has reduced visits at he Camp to 3 per month, Sat. & Sun. only.

She must be some piece of work! Where does the BOP find these people??

Last edited by NYWhitecollar; 05-11-2008 at 11:29 AM..
Old 05-11-2008, 04:14 PM

Hi Joe. Fairton has definitely changed. Visits were increased to 4 visits per month (saturday and Sunday only) while the max prison there gets nine visits per month. Visiting is extremely stressful. The CO in the visiting room is a total bitch and she makes it her mission to make every visitor feel like a criminal. I can tell you so much more if you want to know.