Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Kentucky Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 04:43 PM

Default Kentucky State Penitentiary phone calls

I just got a letter from my son and he said because of too many fight among the inmates regarding telephone use, they are not allowed to use the phones on the weekends. They can only use them Monday through Friday between 8:00am and 10:00am. If this is correct, it's not fair to us parents that work through the week! It means I will only get to talk to him if I happen to be home from work a day through the week. I am not happy to say the least! He's trying to cheer me up though. He says, "Mom, I only have 10 more months to go." And for that I am thankful.....
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2004, 01:58 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,092 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieT
I just got a letter from my son and he said because of too many fight among the inmates regarding telephone use, they are not allowed to use the phones on the weekends. They can only use them Monday through Friday between 8:00am and 10:00am. If this is correct, it's not fair to us parents that work through the week! It means I will only get to talk to him if I happen to be home from work a day through the week. I am not happy to say the least! He's trying to cheer me up though. He says, "Mom, I only have 10 more months to go." And for that I am thankful.....
AngieT- If your son told you that he can only use the phones from 8-10 Mon-Fri, it means he is in the PC unit. That is their recreation time and is the only time they can use the phones. Out in GP (the yard) they have alot of access to the phones.
My husband is in the PC unit and that is how I know.
It isnt fair for real for those that have to work then, however, if you are ever off on a weekday holiday, you will be able to get your call. I know it isnt much, but hey it is better than nothing. We have Memorial Day coming up in May. It is on a Monday.
Remember Hope is a good thing, it springs life eternal.
Glad your son only has 10 more months. I wish him well.
If I can be of any further help to you, let me know.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 03-22-2004, 04:26 PM

Default KSP phone calls

Hi Babygirl,

He's not in PC. He's in general population. Maybe their just trying to make the rules the same for both regarding phone calls. But if you have everyone trying to get on a phone during that short time, seems like it could make the fighting worse. Maybe, it's a threat so to speak and only temporary. I just think it's sad because so many people will not get to talk to their loved ones but rarely. I guess it's just another form of punishment.

Angie
Old 03-23-2004, 02:08 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Quote:
Hi Babygirl,

He's not in PC. He's in general population. Maybe their just trying to make the rules the same for both regarding phone calls. But if you have everyone trying to get on a phone during that short time, seems like it could make the fighting worse. Maybe, it's a threat so to speak and only temporary. I just think it's sad because so many people will not get to talk to their loved ones but rarely. I guess it's just another form of punishment.

Angie
Angie, if your son can only make calls between 8-10 Mon-Fri, he is in PC. That is the only time PC is out on the yard. The GP's are out all other times.
They only have one block of phones for everyone to use. There is no way a GP can use the phone during 8-10, because that is when the PC's are out. They do not mix them together under any circumstances.
I do feel for anyone who cant get a call during those times, it does make it very difficult.
If you dont believe me on this, call the prison and ask when GP has access to the phones.
I just heard from my husband again this morning at 9. Been going thru this now for 7yrs.
May she rest in peace.

Old 03-27-2004, 06:20 AM

Default re:phone calls

Maybe you're right. It makes sense. But now I am worried because it would mean something has happened to him. At this point I don't want to know what it is. I guess I'll find out eventually.
Thanks,
Angie
Old 03-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Quote:
Maybe you're right. It makes sense. But now I am worried because it would mean something has happened to him. At this point I don't want to know what it is. I guess I'll find out eventually.
Thanks,
Angie
I didnt write the above to worry you. I wrote it to share the truth with you.
I can understand your concern with your son being in PC, however, there are many reasons why he would be there. It doesnt necessarily mean that anything had happened for him to change over from GP to PC. There are alot of reasons to be in PC.
Most people who havent been around have a misconception of what PC is about. It simply means Protective Custody, they get extra coverage by the guards to ensure their safety.
Of course being in PC, also brings on many restrictions, such as the phones, that the GP have access to during afternoon as well as evening and weekend hours.
Hope this has helped you in some way to soothe your worried mind.
If I can be of any further help, you can always PM me.
Take care of yourself and look forward to the day when you can get a call from him and also when he will be home with you. That will be something special to look forward.
May she rest in peace.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:24 PM

Hi Babygirl350,

You were right. He is in PC. He didn't want me to know. I still don't know exactly how he got there and I'm not sure I want to know.

Angie
Old 04-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Quote:
Hi Babygirl350,

You were right. He is in PC. He didn't want me to know. I still don't know exactly how he got there and I'm not sure I want to know.

Angie
Thanks for acknowledging it on the Boards. I can appreciate that you arent sure you want to know, however, know that just because someone is in PC, does not make them a bad person.
It seems sometimes people think of PC as being the worst of the worst. It really isnt.
There are alot of legitimate reasons he could be there. It didnt have to be because of a bad thing on his part.

May she rest in peace.

Closed Thread