Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:19 AM

Default globel tel bummer

i think its a bunch of bull i pay the bill and they give ya a 200 min limit a month why should it matter if ya pay the bill,

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Banned

Arrow

What I do and it works is I just shut up and pay the bill. I'm not saying that to be smart and you're definitely entitled to vent. I'm just sharing what works for me and a few others who have no problems with GTL.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:40 PM
dangerously in love

ok, i've just started using them and i have a prepaid account---do they still give you a 200 limit even if it's prepaid?

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Old 12-21-2007, 08:02 AM
faith walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSWALLACE23
ok, i've just started using them and i have a prepaid account---do they still give you a 200 limit even if it's prepaid?
MRSWALLACE23 I don't think you get a minute limit at all. But what number are you ladies using I use the 8776504249. You normally get a english speaking person that can help you.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:33 AM
COUNTING IT ALL JOY!!!!

i have not had a limit, lately i have not come close to 200 but a few months ago i know i had to have put over 200 on the prepaid account and i use 800-483-8314 to add the funds to my account(number)

He's HOME , AMEN

Old 12-22-2007, 01:07 AM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

I have had my problems with GTL as I did with mci,taking more money than the call was for but within the next few days they have made up for it..I think the key to all this madness is..if you have a $200 limit never let it reach this.I always try and keep a minus which means they owe me money and I have never had a block good luck
Old 12-22-2007, 04:27 PM

Is it possible to get billed through your telephone company instead? I know I did that and there's no limit as long as my bill is paid obviously.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:06 AM

Default GTL Phone service

I have had to use GTL for the Past 2 yrs.MCI sold out to them. I have alwways paid my bill on time withthe same account, name, etc. This past I paid my payment prior to the due date and some GTL customer rep speeled my name incorrectly so the bank rejected the request. Now they have blocked all calls and though they admit they did input the incorrect name making the payment overdue, they are unwilling to retore my calls or service until I pay the next bill and then my previous 29 calls. a month will be redueced to 4 a month. I wrote the Ombudsman at Avenal prison. Why do we have to use this service. Is there any other alternative? I haven't talked to my husband for alomst a month now and I only see him about 2 times a yr. due to my job schedule. I feel I'm being penalzied for their negligent service. You can never get thru to them. Everytime I call, it's a 30 to 40 minute wait and it seems the representative is not understanding what I'm saying or doesn't seem t be able to locate my previus calls. It is really fustrating and yet how does one get any resolution?