Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Ironwood State Prison located in Blythe, California.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Missing him daily!!!

Default Globel Tell Link

Has any one had any luck speaking to an actual person at Global tell. I had an account set up with MCI and now I can't get ahold of anyone over there and I want to pay my bill before it gets blocked but they ask me to leave my number and NEVER call me back
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Missing My Baby!

I talked to someone when they first took over...let me look for the #. I also think you can pay your bill online...

Old 08-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Missing My Baby!

This is the # I called. 1-800-231-0193
Good luck!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Missing him daily!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseandmelany1
This is the # I called. 1-800-231-0193
Good luck!
Thanks so much SEE what happened was my cell broke and I had the phone# on it so I went on-line and got a different number which is where I was having all the problems BUT I just called that number you gave me and got threw THANKS
Old 08-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Donation Award 

i pay my bill on line its great i was over my limit a few weeks ago and i paid it on friday and my phone was unblocked with in seconds i didnt even have to call have them unblock it

***My Husband is home and I am loving almost every second of it!!!***
Old 08-10-2007, 03:35 PM

Even though we aren't supposed to... I'm wondering if anyone has noticed their landline unable to make 3way calls while on a GTL call? I think they have some kind of fancy technology that recognizes and disables that function because it has happened recently with someone I know who lives in LA and has ATT. The 3way function works on regular calls but disconnects on the GTL calls.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Missing My Baby!

I know that when my husband was in county they used GTL and he had to blow into the phone when I was doing the 3way. I have never tried in since he has been at iSP, but don't doubt this at all.

Old 08-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Missing him daily!!!

Quote:
I know that when my husband was in county they used GTL and he had to blow into the phone when I was doing the 3way. I have never tried in since he has been at iSP, but don't doubt this at all.
Yeah same here as long as the inmate makes noise so it seems like they are still talking. It is the silence they pick up on and disconnect the call. BUT I have not tried it lately either
Old 08-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Mrs.C

So all the calls come in as gtl and i was wondering did they take over? would we still have to have billing thru mci.i had a phone before with verizon and the billing was set up threw mci but i moved and now all the calls come in as gtl. do u think they will make u set up an accnt. did the prison not sign a contract with them? are the calls still the same price(cheaper?) yeah right i wish
Old 08-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Missing My Baby!

Everything is the same, except for GTL taking over. All the MCI accounts are still set up, you can still go to the same website and it will automatically send you to the GTL website so you can pay your bill. I just got my bill and my calls were the same amount.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Mrs.C

Sorry to bug, but do u think that they will make me set up an accnt again if i am recieving a lot of calls?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Missing him daily!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyezwifey
Sorry to bug, but do u think that they will make me set up an accnt again if i am recieving a lot of calls?
It depends on the phone co. do you still have verizon? If so then I would say yes because that's what MCI did with me and I had Verizon but not my mother in law cuz she had another co. BUT who knows you will probably just have to wait and see but from the looks of it they are more efficient than MCI so maybe it won't take SO long to set up an account
Old 08-10-2007, 10:13 PM

i did a three way call to day and they did not cut us off thank you for the inform for next time.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:22 AM
LOVE ME SOME HIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracheswife
Even though we aren't supposed to... I'm wondering if anyone has noticed their landline unable to make 3way calls while on a GTL call? I think they have some kind of fancy technology that recognizes and disables that function because it has happened recently with someone I know who lives in LA and has ATT. The 3way function works on regular calls but disconnects on the GTL calls.
I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH 3 WAY CALLS AND I HAVE AT& T AND LIVE IN LA BUT THAT IS INTERESTING I WONDER CAN THEY DO THAT, THIS WORLD IS BECOMING SO HIGH TECH I WOULD'NT PUT NOTHING PASS NO ONE

Last edited by Mrs. Harris; 08-11-2007 at 10:24 AM..
Old 08-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Missing My Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyezwifey
It also depends on if you are in a certain calling area. I live in Redlands and I have never had to set up an account. I called MCI when my husband started calling me and they said I was in a certain area and did not need to set up an account, I have Verizon. When GTL took over I called them and they said the same thing. Nothing was going to change but the name. If you have an account you do not need to set up another, you still you the same one you have. If you never needed an account you still won't need one. If anything call the # above to make sure.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracheswife

Just a Little FYI.......gtl is cracking down on the 3-way calling/call forwarding per the phone rep. I think they are working with the cell phone companies but would not confirm that. I say that because T-Mobile, Nextel/Sprint, and Boost all have said no collect calls regardless if they are calling from Prisons.....and I live in Los Angeles.

How true this is ...who knows the phone reps always have a diffrent stroy of the day.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:40 AM

My phone is forwarded from LA... I hope they don't interrupt my service! I haven't had any problem with 3 way on the forwarded line but someone I know can't do the 3 way on their ATT landline when on a GTL call... their 3 way works any other time however.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Donation Award 

I think that there is truth to this because I have been having problems with my phone getting cut off when its forwarded to my cell. But one of the main reason I have it forwared to my cell phone is because I can hear him better..Sometimes I cant hear him on the house phone..

Old 08-12-2007, 01:23 PM
LOVE ME SOME HIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet420
I think that there is truth to this because I have been having problems with my phone getting cut off when its forwarded to my cell. But one of the main reason I have it forwared to my cell phone is because I can hear him better..Sometimes I cant hear him on the house phone..
OMG SO FAR I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEM WITH MY PHONE TRANSFERED TO MY CELL AND I HAVE T-MOBILE SO I HOPE THEY DONT MESS WITH MY PHONE.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Harris
OMG SO FAR I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEM WITH MY PHONE TRANSFERED TO MY CELL AND I HAVE T-MOBILE SO I HOPE THEY DONT MESS WITH MY PHONE.
I ONLY have a cell phone (w- the exception of the landline in LA)! When I used to get calls here, I had to have a landline and be home for the calls... then on top of that MCI gouged me to the tune of $20/call.

I can understand the 3way calling restriction... it keeps folks safe from unwanted calls but to restrict call forwarding? Why? It's a service we as consumers pay for so we can go on about our busy days and travels and still receive our calls. If the bill is paid, what is the problem?
Old 08-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
maybe its just isp f ing with us

Old 08-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Missing My Baby!

Its so weird cuz when my hunny was in county they used GTL and he was able to dial my cell # and I could use a credit card and put either $25, or $50 on it to prepay and except his calls. So I don't see why they have a problem with use using call forwarding to forward the calls to our cells. The calls were alot more expensive than and he was only about 20 minutes away from me. But the calls to my house and cell cost the same.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
hey mrs harris i talk to those people at T-mobile and they will be cracking down on the 3way calling/forward/collect call thing when it has to do with prisons and collect calls at least. just fyi hope all is well. oh don't call them and question (t-mobile) them it may set the ball rolling you feel.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:02 PM
LOVE ME SOME HIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonegirl
hey mrs harris i talk to those people at T-mobile and they will be cracking down on the 3way calling/forward/collect call thing when it has to do with prisons and collect calls at least. just fyi hope all is well. oh don't call them and question (t-mobile) them it may set the ball rolling you feel.
I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING I'M NOT GOING TO CALL A PUT IT ON THEIR MINDS. LIKE SOMEBODY SAID BEFORE IF WE ARE PAYING FOR THE CALLS AND FOR THE CALL FORWARDING FEATURE THEN WHY SHOULDNT WE BE ABLE TO TRANSFER THERE CALLS. HELL THAT IS WHERE ALL MY CELL MINUTES GO EVERY MONTH ON TALKING TO HIM
Old 08-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Missing him daily!!!

Quote:
It also depends on if you are in a certain calling area. I live in Redlands and I have never had to set up an account. I called MCI when my husband started calling me and they said I was in a certain area and did not need to set up an account, I have Verizon. When GTL took over I called them and they said the same thing. Nothing was going to change but the name. If you have an account you do not need to set up another, you still you the same one you have. If you never needed an account you still won't need one. If anything call the # above to make sure.
What that's not fair It's sucks having to set up an account but I guess it keeps me in a little more control of my calls BUT they have cut off the phone a lot and said it was cuz of call forwarding and three way calls EVEN when it wasn't PUNKS