Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:55 AM

Default The harsh justice of the hole/How long can they keep him in the hole?

My fiance has been locked down for 11 years now. He get's to come home this year. But we have the worst time at this prison, he just got out of the hole for six months for investigation in which they droped. He got out for about 1 month and they snatched him up again, and said he was under investigation. Can they keep doing that and can they hold him again for another six months without leting him know anything at all? I need some answers, I hurt for him. The only thing that keeps us going is this is his last year. And u would think he would be droped a level by now. No one will tell me anything or what I could do, to get answers. The facility is Bonne Terr, Eastern reception diagnostic correctional center.

Last edited by naco; 01-03-2011 at 10:57 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Keep on keepin' on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by naco View Post
My fiance has been locked down for 11 years now. He get's to come home this year. But we have the worst time at this prison, he just got out of the hole for six months for investigation in which they droped. He got out for about 1 month and they snatched him up again, and said he was under investigation. Can they keep doing that and can they hold him again for another six months without leting him know anything at all? I need some answers, I hurt for him. The only thing that keeps us going is this is his last year. And u would think he would be droped a level by now. No one will tell me anything or what I could do, to get answers. The facility is Bonne Terr, Eastern reception diagnostic correctional center.
I haven't been on here in a LONG time, but I read your post and just wanted to respond by saying my heart goes out to you. My husband was in a similar situation a couple of years ago and I have to say it was the hardest thing either of us had ever been through. Thankfully we were in that situation for a (relatively) short period of time, but every day drags out forever when you don't know what happened, why it's happening, or how long it will continue.

I can't answer your questions about how long they can do that or how you can go about getting any answers, but I can tell you what I did when I was in that situation. I called. Every day. I asked who to talk to, got transferred everywhere, and I got nowhere. His mom called. Every day. His brother called. Every day. Everyone told us they didn't know anything so the next time we would try someone else. And after about a month, my husband got put back in general population, AND got a personal apology from the Warden. Not even kidding. Now, I'm not saying that would work in every case or even ever again, but if you bug them enough eventually they will get tired of hearing from you. Of course, they aren't going to release him to general population if he actually IS being investigated or if he DID do something wrong, but in my case being a real pain the a$$ helped.

Congrats on this being almost over. THAT feeling, I can only imagine.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Old 01-03-2011, 03:39 PM

Thanked 5,159 Times in 2,378 Posts

My former fiance spent every day of his sentence and all of the pre-trial time in SHU! I think that they can do whatever they want, especially if they call it "ad seg" and pretend it's for his protection like they did to us!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:33 AM

I just read an article that was written in the Pitch magazine about a man in Jefferson City Correctional Center that has been in the hole for 16 years straight now and that there is nothing saying that a prisoner has to be released from the hole at any time. They pretty much can do whatever they want and no one has any say in it.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Banned

Default The hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby's girl 77 View Post
I just read an article that was written in the Pitch magazine about a man in Jefferson City Correctional Center that has been in the hole for 16 years straight now and that there is nothing saying that a prisoner has to be released from the hole at any time. They pretty much can do whatever they want and no one has any say in it.

I just pulled policy today & they can NOT keep them in the hole for extended lengths of time without getting approvals, so much time out of the hole before going back in etc. It's a pretty long policy that goes in depth on how & what they have to do to keep them in there. Not sure if you can find it on line but it does exist.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:18 PM

I am really freakin mad right now... So you get in trouble - DUH there's a reason your in prison - and they send you to the whole for 30 days AND take away your visits for 90.... Wow, too bad you can't stop the dam mail too. Yeah and too bad that they cram 2500 men into one institution and expect good results. You have NO positive activities to keep them out of trouble to they have to live the hard way and support themselves which gets them into trouble for having "contraband" but instead of one punishment... like 30 days in the hole isn't log enough... lets punish the family members too and take away their visits... for 90 days..... UGH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 11:18 AM

dont even get me started!!!!!!!!! it amazes me all the time the things the prisons do!!! i just dont understand how they can get by with it!!! just like their food!!! alot of it says not for human consumption!!!!! how can they do that???!!!! grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2011, 12:37 AM

my husband been on restriction since 7/16 he was supposed to get out the hole the end of sept but they c5 raised his custody level he was a 4 so they sent him to crossroads the middle of sept.sd he would get the hole end of oct he did but he is on bed space which means we get 2 2hrs.visit behind glass a month til they find him a bed there are 20 other ppl a head of him all this cause.he was irrated this summer wmcc has no air he sd sumthing the.co didnt like and she kept writin him up
Old 11-18-2011, 10:18 AM

C5 prisons are even worse. They are short on beds so if someone goes to the hole they will get stuck there. There is a revolving door in an out of the hole basically. But or example when your man goes to the hole another man who has been waiting to get out takes his spot so it can take a while. Sorry to hear he's stuck there.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:34 PM

My bff is in the hole at Crossroads now going through the same thing. His most receint letter included a piece of tape (the strips that go around the stamps) covered with examples of the bugs that have infested the cells. They have done nothing to take care of the problem and I'm feeling helpless as well. There must be someone we can share these grievences with .....someone who cares about the humanity.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:10 AM

Potosi has a scabies infestation and it's likely this is a problem in other facilities as well. The staff do not care. My man requested medical attention numerous times and they kept telling him he had "hives due to nerves" and he should just calm down and they will go away. It took him 2 months to get someone to realize they were scabies and needed treatment. He now has scars all over his hands, feet, arms, and legs from the bites. No one cares. Not the caseworkers, not the so called doctor, no one. It is horrid.