Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

View Poll Results: Were you nervous the 1st time that you met your MWI?!?
Yes 57 85.07%
No 11 16.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2019, 11:41 PM

I'd have to say both yes and no. I got about 2 hours of sleep the night before, so yes, obviously racked by major jitters. However, once the sun came up on the morning of, it was as if I'd entered some sort of state of flow. Nothing bothered me, nothing fazed me, and I was completely calm and at peace when he appeared at the door. I am usually the anxious nervous type, but that day I think I sailed past all that and dropped through a portal to the other side of the universe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taliba00 For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (05-13-2019), Sarianna (05-12-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2019, 04:48 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,083 Posts

Same for me; probably never been as nervous before in my life. I'm the type who used to get super nervous even before a normal date, so seeing my MWI (in another country) after speaking to him for nearly three years meant x100 nerves. Lucky for me my visit was in county (more relaxed than state visits) and I had a girlfriend with me for support. She and I had some hysterical laughing fits in the waiting area before my visit, and when I got called in & walked alone the long ass hallways to where my LO's visiting room was I could feel my knees shaking!

Very strangely though as soon as I saw him and we sat down to speak (through glass though) I was instantly calm... He felt simultaneously very familiar yet in some ways different than I had expected - nevertheless the chemistry was clearly there which was a relief (I've often wondered why I've never heard of stories where MWI couples meet for the first time and discover there is no physical chemistry after all - does this really never happen??). Time flew by and too soon we had to depart. It's been a year and a half and I haven't been able to visit again but I am hoping & planning a visit for the end of this year. Fingers crossed!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (05-13-2019), lolo21216 (05-12-2019), maytayah (05-12-2019), MizzyMuffling (05-13-2019), Taliba00 (05-12-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 04:36 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 3,228 Times in 1,573 Posts

I don't think I have ever been so nervous in my life. A lot is riding on that first visit. You are taking a chance on someone who stirred your soul... No matter the outcome.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
Hurley123 (08-12-2019), ILLINOIS.PAL (05-13-2019), Sarianna (05-14-2019)
Old 08-11-2019, 05:28 PM

I can finally vote!!! I met him face to face for the first time yesterday. We spent 6 hours together yesterday and 6 again today (and we're doing it again tomorrow, and 4 or 6 hours Tuesday and 2 or 3 Wednesday lol). It's been a marathon but it's been amazing... out of the 12 hours we've spent together so far there's been little silence between us - but our relationship has always been very talkative. I mean shit, even after yesterday's visit he called and we got down but afterwards we had some time left and chatted about our first visit... it's just... it's amazing. I feel sure now more than ever. He's never given me too much reason to worry about his intentions, but meeting has really shown me I can trust him. I see a bright future ahead of us and I've never been looking forward to something so much.

Oh but I digress - despite having done a video visit every weekend for the last 4 months, it was nerve wracking and exciting seeing each other in person. To touch, to kiss, to hug, to hold hands... our first kiss - upon our first greeting - was shaky and very conservative. But it's morphed into something sweet yet carnal.. it's ... it's just amazing.

I forgot the most important part!! After 11 months of writing, and 3 months of me being separated from my marriage (and most definitely on my way to divorce) - my MWI and I made it official

Last edited by ILLINOIS.PAL; 08-11-2019 at 05:32 PM..
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (08-15-2019), BearsLadyBear (08-12-2019), kellydavid410 (08-12-2019), Kimimi (08-12-2019), kvinna20 (12-04-2019), Taliba00 (08-11-2019), Tinker8ell55 (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 08:29 AM

Iím really happy for you! Itís so surreal once you meet and they are a ďreal personĒ you can touch. Thanks for sharing I love this part of the mwi journey!!! It always gives me all the feels for ya!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL View Post
I can finally vote!!! I met him face to face for the first time yesterday. We spent 6 hours together yesterday and 6 again today (and we're doing it again tomorrow, and 4 or 6 hours Tuesday and 2 or 3 Wednesday lol). It's been a marathon but it's been amazing... out of the 12 hours we've spent together so far there's been little silence between us - but our relationship has always been very talkative. I mean shit, even after yesterday's visit he called and we got down but afterwards we had some time left and chatted about our first visit... it's just... it's amazing. I feel sure now more than ever. He's never given me too much reason to worry about his intentions, but meeting has really shown me I can trust him. I see a bright future ahead of us and I've never been looking forward to something so much.

Oh but I digress - despite having done a video visit every weekend for the last 4 months, it was nerve wracking and exciting seeing each other in person. To touch, to kiss, to hug, to hold hands... our first kiss - upon our first greeting - was shaky and very conservative. But it's morphed into something sweet yet carnal.. it's ... it's just amazing.

I forgot the most important part!! After 11 months of writing, and 3 months of me being separated from my marriage (and most definitely on my way to divorce) - my MWI and I made it official
I'm so happy for you! This is amazing!
The Following User Says Thank You to kellydavid410 For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (08-13-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 10:19 AM
Lifer Found Suitable

I had driven so far, had lots of time to think it out and chill my nerves, going through processing I was cool, sitting in the visiting room waiting for him to come out I was cool and then he walked into the visiting room, suddenly I felt nauseous and dizzy - good lawrd!! I had to sit down and I recall having to buy a 7up to help calm my nerve racked stomach.

Each time after, I felt like that... every-time! My entire body goes into shock when I see him - he's not a big guy and probably not going to break your neck checking him out, but it's him standing there for me. Indeed, he makes me nervous!
The Following User Says Thank You to 408MoonGem For This Useful Post:
kellydavid410 (08-16-2019)
Old 08-19-2019, 12:50 AM

Default Heck yeah

It was so bad he felt that so didnít think he was handsome. I was blushing and couldnít look up to him. I was even shaking when we hug. I gave him a little kiss. Plus my nerves and I was upset with the CO on how they treated me....he said he seen it in my face how mad I was so I was unsettled with that. The visit was great but I was a wreck. I thought he didnít think I was attractive to him. All kinds of crazy thoughts. But he is definitely for me and I am for him. We have video visits bc the facility do not allow visits at all at the facility only video. In which I thinks good besides the physical contact. He will be home soon. I pray everything goes good for the parole hearing.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:48 AM
Billy's Sweetheart

We are not MWI , but RWI and I had not seen him in 27 years prior to that first visit. And yes I was nervous, anxious and a whole lot of other emotions. That morning I think I changed clothes 12 times before I ever left the hotel room, then once I got to the prison, I threw up in the parking lot, while a CO watched, and then the poor kid walked me into the gate house and made me sit down and gave me tic tacs. It was awful.

But I have to say, he was just as nervous as I was, and now we are happily married almost 2 years later!
Old 11-19-2019, 12:15 PM

Was super nervous, but also very curious..we'd been pen pals for over 8 yrs..felt like I knew him pretty well and just wanted to REALLY know who this Man was...There was no way he could be this good in person...lol well, indeed he was, is, even better! So grateful for this Man..that first visit was 6 years ago already! Was nothing but nerves, still am each time I go! So silly, but I can't help it...
The Following User Says Thank You to smiles844 For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (11-25-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 12:19 PM

I was so nervous to meet him. We talked for bout 4mons before we made it official & it took another 2mons to get approved & make a appointment to see him due to me working graveyard & working 6 days a week. But once we finally saw it each other it was on lol. Been goin ever since & we celebrated our 1yr on Sunday & we're getting married on VDAY
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybug98 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 06:36 PM
His Girl ❤️

I will be seeing T next month and I am nervous now. I told him that I would be nervous and anxious, he asked why. He was all "I think I would be more nervous". But he did say he's excited to see me.

The Following User Says Thank You to AnieLove56 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 10:09 AM

I'm going back to see him again this week and I'm STILL nervous despite having done it before!!!

Old 12-04-2019, 06:29 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,474 Times in 4,760 Posts

I always get nervous and
I have been visiting regular for 2 years. I think itís excitement plus the worry that there maybe a lock down but so far itís been good. Seeing him walk through that door makes it all worthwhile.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:11 PM
His Girl ❤️

Oh em gee three weeks until i visit!!