Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:57 AM
Got my swagg from him

Default What Happens After He Signs His Parole Papers

my husband is 6 months away from the house and he just signed his initial paperwork of just saying where he's going to go etc. What happens after that?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmarks View Post
my husband is 6 months away from the house and he just signed his initial paperwork of just saying where he's going to go etc. What happens after that?
did anyone reply? mine is 7 months away and just signed and im told it means it may be sooner just wondering the same thing?
Old 09-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Donation Award 

I pray that someone answers this thread. I too have the same questions, my finace spoke with a pre-parole person last week and i was wondering what happen next.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Banned

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,968 Posts

They always meet with someone about parole 3 to 6 months before they parole. It is just so they can get some info. They ask for the address where they are going to parole to, they are given their basic parole conditions and stuff like that. It is normal and it does not mean they might be getting out earlier than their release date. It is nothing out of the ordinary. What happens next is nothing. Their release date will be recalculated a bunch of times between now and his release date up into the day before they are released. I forget the certain bench marks that they do it at, but I do know that they do it like a few weeks before they are released and the day before they are released to make sure their is no mistakes. It is not normal they find any but I know they have. My guy found out two weeks before his release that they miscalculated and he had to serve two extra weeks.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:58 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 1,193 Times in 825 Posts

Ladies whos men have already been contacted do you mind me asking what level they are currently serving in and if they are on High Control or not? I am really curious. My husband got 6 months of good time back so he is down to 8 months and we are just waiting for the parole process to begin.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Stormy41Mom

Thanked 1,133 Times in 801 Posts

My son just signed his NRP papers at 3 months.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Donation Award 

My finace has 5.5 months left. He's one. He has not sign his paper work yet, he had his pre-parole done.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy41mom View Post
My son just signed his NRP papers at 3 months.
wow that's nice. Congrats
Old 09-17-2010, 11:20 AM

Default 30 days and not signed parole papers yet!

My husband has 30 days left today, but still hasn't signed his parole papers yet. I called his PO who said "the papers are done" but the prison (slow-a** San Quentin) hasn't said a thing to him. His counselor says he's still waiting on the papers.

My husband said someone told him even if you don't sign your parole papers, it can't hold you up from getting released on time. Anyone know anything?
Old 09-18-2010, 11:02 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaa View Post
They always meet with someone about parole 3 to 6 months before they parole. It is just so they can get some info. They ask for the address where they are going to parole to, they are given their basic parole conditions and stuff like that. It is normal and it does not mean they might be getting out earlier than their release date. It is nothing out of the ordinary. What happens next is nothing. Their release date will be recalculated a bunch of times between now and his release date up into the day before they are released. I forget the certain bench marks that they do it at, but I do know that they do it like a few weeks before they are released and the day before they are released to make sure their is no mistakes. It is not normal they find any but I know they have. My guy found out two weeks before his release that they miscalculated and he had to serve two extra weeks.
my husband gets out in 7 weeks from an 8 month sentence. he has not meet with anyone. Is that normal?
Old 09-18-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre'swife View Post
My husband has 30 days left today, but still hasn't signed his parole papers yet. I called his PO who said "the papers are done" but the prison (slow-a** San Quentin) hasn't said a thing to him. His counselor says he's still waiting on the papers.

My husband said someone told him even if you don't sign your parole papers, it can't hold you up from getting released on time. Anyone know anything?
my husband has 7 weeks left and he hasn't signed anything either. He is in the infirmary however, with a broken hip he got inside. good luck to you. i am happy that your hubby is coming home soon....
The Following User Says Thank You to pegysuz For This Useful Post:
dre'swife (09-30-2010)
Old 09-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Banned

I think if they do not meet with them before their release date they will have the papers there for him to sign when he is released. As far as I know they can not legally hold him past his release date unless there is a hold on him for a warrent that was never taken care of.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:20 AM
Donation Award 

From reading Title 15 they should have his preparole withing 120 days of his release. My husband signed his NRP and now he waiting on his copy. If funny....they sign there paperwork at the same time, but his cell mate has his copy. I quest it depend on thier CC.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:53 AM

I have a couple a questions, my hubby who is still serving time had recently received some papers asking where he will reside after parole and what his plans are, he was also given information on colleges and jobs that are parole friendly. He said there were information on what we were needed to do after he will be released. When he was sentence they told him his release date is in Aug 2011. My questions is, do they normally receive parole papers 8 months before date of release?
Old 01-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Banned

No it is not unusal. My guy signed his papers I think it was like Feb/March and his release date was not until Oct.