Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Maryland.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:53 PM

Default Balt County Detention Center Questions

My brother just received an 18 month drug related sentence in Baltimore County Md. He is not new to the justice system, but this is his first sentence in Md. Does anyone know if he will be able to serve his full sentence in the Balt County Detention Center (BCDC) where he currently is, or will he be transferred to a state prison? Also, assuming he does everything he is supposed to (no violations, etc), approximately when would he be eligible for release? I know some states have minimums of where you must serve like 70% of the sentence, but I can't find out anything for Maryland.

Thanks in advance for all responses.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marragtop View Post
My brother just received an 18 month drug related sentence in Baltimore County Md. He is not new to the justice system, but this is his first sentence in Md. Does anyone know if he will be able to serve his full sentence in the Balt County Detention Center (BCDC) where he currently is, or will he be transferred to a state prison? Also, assuming he does everything he is supposed to (no violations, etc), approximately when would he be eligible for release? I know some states have minimums of where you must serve like 70% of the sentence, but I can't find out anything for Maryland.

Thanks in advance for all responses.
My recommendation is you re-post this in the Maryland forum. I am certain someone there can answer you quickly. Each state differs greatly, in GA we differ by county

In GA it would be probable the time would be served at the County level (I currently have a client serving 18 months for obstruction at the county level). In GA early release for county inmates is dependant on the specific county's policy. The client I referenced has a release date reducing the original 18 months to 13 months. My home county would have awarded 2-1 and he would have served 9 months.

Good Luck!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,308 Times in 7,153 Posts

I will move this thread for you to your state specific forum. You'll probably get more answers there.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:14 AM

Does anyone have any idea how much of his 18 months he will actually serve? He is in Balt County Detention Ctr. thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 01:28 PM

Default Bcdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by marragtop View Post
Does anyone have any idea how much of his 18 months he will actually serve? He is in Balt County Detention Ctr. thanks
Well I am new to this system... but my husband did almost 2.5 years at BCDC waiting for sentencing ... so now he is in MCIH. Hagerstown.. so i see the date here is 2012, so your brother might be out..? but there is a way of finding them ? prison locater for MD>. just need a name and you can see where they were sent to.. hope you find him, as BCDC is not the best place to do long time..
Old 10-10-2014, 03:35 PM

BCDC he should be able to serve the 18 months there if he has to do it. BCDC does have good time, Last time my bf was there it 5 days per month for a person who is arrested for a violent crime and 10 days a month for a non violent crime. And they got good time for double bunking "Sharing a cell" and if they completed rehab, working and going to school. So if it was mandated that he MUST do the 18 months he may get out sooner.