Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:07 AM

Default EPRD is Showing Up Already On Inmate Locator?

My other half was arrested on 11.5.2018, Sentenced on 12.14.18 (3 years 8 months) credits 483 per Judge. A week later received paper stating the 3 years was time served and the 8 months was 1/3 time? The chain was caught on 1.31.2019 to Chino... However, already on inmate locator it’s stating parole date is 2/2020? How is that possible when that’s a year out when he’s supposedly suppose to have 8 months left then 1/3 time? Wil the date change or is that date showing up because he already can seen a counselor?? However, it showed up a few days after he arrived at reception...

Last edited by ladishay; 02-09-2019 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: Punctuation
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2019, 11:24 AM

Thanked 1,356 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladishay View Post
My other half was arrested on 11.5.2018, Sentenced on 12.14.18 (3 years 8 months) credits 483 per Judge. A week later received paper stating the 3 years was time served and the 8 months was 1/3 time? The chain was caught on 1.31.2019 to Chino... However, already on inmate locator itís stating parole date is 2/2020? How is that possible when thatís a year out when heís supposedly suppose to have 8 months left then 1/3 time? Wil the date change or is that date showing up because he already can seen a counselor?? However, it showed up a few days after he arrived at reception...
I suspect miscommunication or misunderstanding here. Arrested November, sentenced December to just under 4 years. 483 days credit - credit for what? 3 years of time served - what time served? He's apparently not in county jail but in CDCR reception.

Inmate locator says 2/2020, that's likely your most reliable information. That plus your statement about him being on 1/3 time sounds close to right for the 3 year, 8 month sentence. It might change in a few months after he sees a counselor, likely not by much. Bear in mind, 1/3 time means he can earn that early release through good credit behavior, long as he does not get in trouble.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
miamac (02-10-2019), Patrickj (02-10-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 02:40 PM

Default EPRD already showing up on inmate locator?

Thank you for your reply! Yes he was arrested on 11.5 taken on court date on violation he already did time before 6 months in county then like 43 days on another violation! However after his sentencing on 12.14.18 a week later he received a form stating that the 3 years was time served. He was able to call me yesterday and confirmed he hasnít seen a counselor yet, it doesnít look like his credits were added yet from after the sentencing...Itís his first time in prison his lawyer stated he shouldnít be doing more than 3 months supposedly a turn around in reception.. but idk
Old 02-10-2019, 03:41 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,051 Posts

"A week later received paper stating the 3 years was time served"

This said letter. Is just that a letter. ( basically worthless Who is said letter from? The only thing that changes any kind of sentencing is a modified Abstract of Judgement(sentencing order) This can only be issued by a judge. Usually only happened if there is some type of sentencing error.
For now his EPRD is correct, but could change once he get assigned to a facility and is able to work or obtain education credits.
If this violation time that you are speaking time is probation time served on the streets will not count toward this sentence As far as lawyers knowing how much time you will due in prison . Don't always believe them. According to my attorney when I went to prison the first time on a 6 year sentence my attorney told me I would be home in 18 months, 3 years latter I got out

Last edited by Patrickj; 02-10-2019 at 03:48 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrickj For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (02-11-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 03:43 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 20,218 Times in 7,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladishay View Post
...Itís his first time in prison his lawyer stated he shouldnít be doing more than 3 months supposedly a turn around in reception.. but idk
For what's it's worth, the lawyer is the last person to listen to on how much time he'll end up spending. It's out of their hands at that point and in CDC's control-- they will calculate his sentence, minus whatever court credits ordered and time spent in reception. Reception inmates spend an average of 3-6 months waiting to see a counselor. So, if that time frame encompasses his time to serve, then he'll be talking release plans when he does.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (02-11-2019), Patrickj (02-10-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 08:52 PM

Default Thank you for your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post
"A week later received paper stating the 3 years was time served"

This said letter. Is just that a letter. ( basically worthless Who is said letter from? The only thing that changes any kind of sentencing is a modified Abstract of Judgement(sentencing order) This can only be issued by a judge. Usually only happened if there is some type of sentencing error.
For now his EPRD is correct, but could change once he get assigned to a facility and is able to work or obtain education credits.
If this violation time that you are speaking time is probation time served on the streets will not count toward this sentence As far as lawyers knowing how much time you will due in prison . Don't always believe them. According to my attorney when I went to prison the first time on a 6 year sentence my attorney told me I would be home in 18 months, 3 years latter I got out
Yes he received a paper stating that time was served for the 3 years from when he did a 365 in 2015... yes, I hear you when you said donít believe the lawyers...so him not seeing a counselor yet probably doesnít even matter at this point Iím assuming
Old 02-13-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
For what's it's worth, the lawyer is the last person to listen to on how much time he'll end up spending. It's out of their hands at that point and in CDC's control-- they will calculate his sentence, minus whatever court credits ordered and time spent in reception. Reception inmates spend an average of 3-6 months waiting to see a counselor. So, if that time frame encompasses his time to serve, then he'll be talking release plans when he does.
Thank you kindly for your response yes that makes sense, Iíll check to see if heís seen a counselor next time he calls, so far heís been able to call every week for 10, Iím shocked I thought he wasnít gonna be able to talk at all