Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:09 PM
FTheFeds

Default Seagoville FCI on lockdown (January 22, 2017)

Hi I have a LO in this unit and he emailed me saying he can't call me because they are on lockdown right now cause a inmate choked a C.O. last night. That's what's going around. But how do I find out on lockdown statues for this unit
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2017, 10:01 PM
FTheFeds

Unhappy to anyone who has a LO at Seagoville FCI in Texas

ey are on a whole unit lockdown. And word is they are ((grounded)) from access to the phone's.
Just incase anyone hadn't had a phone call+ this is the reason why
And WHO really knows when this will be. Rumors going around that they restricted from the phones for 2months. But no one really knows. Its up to the warden.

This sucks- but it happens. God bless you and your loved ones in Seagoville FCI
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2die4 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-23-2017), Sarianna (01-23-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 11:31 AM

Thanked 1,404 Times in 614 Posts
Default Seagoville lockdown

Wanted to give everybody a heads up especially those who may have a loved one at Seagoville FCI the prison is on lockdown and has been since Saturday due to an inmate on guard assault my guy is advising me that it took place in building 5 but the whole facility is lockdown
The Following User Says Thank You to joetnymedic For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-25-2017)
Old 01-26-2017, 12:25 PM

Default update

Latest update from my guy -
Bldg 5 has the TV's back on already. So I take that as a good sign. I'm still looking to this weekend for phones. If they think the dope is coming though the rec yard and yet they opened back up, I don't know what the hell their thinking. Oh ya the inmate was high on Special K or whatever the hell they call it.
Everything was contained in Bldg 5. I guess a couple of inmates pulled the nut off the guard. Then they say there was a fight in Bldg 6 yesterday, and today they had a ruckus in the SHU. Just shows to go ya, that if you lock everyone inside, with no privileges and no phones someone is gonna snap. YUP. Anyway hopefully by the weekend all should be back to normal.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:38 PM
FTheFeds

Yessss thank God they got off that lockdown situation. It truly sucks when this happens because it effects the whole unit in some sort of Way

Even those like us
"Prison wives"
Old 01-28-2017, 04:36 PM

My husband has been in Seagoville for a few days... he called yesterday morning but didn't last night like always to say goodnight to his baby boy. He's only there as he's being extradited to Oregon for a very white collar crime. I don't know what building he's in. Only God himself - and apparently prison - could stop him from calling us. He has plenty of money to call. Can anyone tell me if there are areas that are newly restricted from calling? Like as of yesterday afternoon? I'm sick to death thinking someone hurt him. Anyone else newly missing a phone call? Please. I called up there and the information person said even if he was in the hospital no one would tell me. I'm so worried.

Last edited by GBracken; 01-28-2017 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: Include info
Old 01-28-2017, 04:44 PM

The prison website also says visitation is restricted until further notice and that has me really really worried that something awful happened.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:49 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,594 Times in 10,036 Posts

Since visitation is cancelled, it sounds like the prison is on lockdown. Once that is lifted, or they are allowed to use the phones, he will call you. Lockdowns are unpredictable, sudden, and an unfortunate component of bop prison life.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:39 PM

Dear God I hope so. It's been three days now. He's gotta be going crazier than I am if he's still alive. I'm so afraid someone has hurt him and that's not why he's calling. He's just there waiting to go to Portland! This is so horrible. Thank you for giving me some kind of hope that he's not dead in prison.
The Following User Says Thank You to GBracken For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-30-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 05:33 PM

He called today! Thank God! I'm sorry that I don't know what area he's in but he said they've been on lockdown since Friday because of a three guy on one guy fight. That's inhumane. I hope that poor man is ok. So they've all been confined to their cells 24/7. The inmate that shared a cell with my guy had TUBERCULOSIS!!!??? so he's by himself now. Thankfully he doesn't have tuberculosis as they tested him for it. I don't even know what that is but the other inmate was an illegal immigrant. So my guy said they were probably going to be back on lockdown until maybe FRIDAY. Which his extradition is supposed to be Thursday so I'm guessing it will be Friday and he'll miss his "ride" because everyone's "grounded". I'm really fed up with this jail and prison stuff. I hope this helps any one else who may have thought their loved one was hurt. I hope the poor man that got so badly hurt is ok. Violence is NEVER THE ANSWER.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:25 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,594 Times in 10,036 Posts

Make sure he follows up with another TB check when he is away from the bop prison. Their test is a (cheap) skin test that is notorious for false results, plus if he was recently exposed, the test won't show it yet anyway. A local hospital in Seattle just had a patient with undiagnosed TB. They are testing lots of folks, but they said the chance of transmission is low "except for prolonged close contact with the infected person" (like being locked in a tiny prison cell with them!).

He may still be extradited on time, grounded is for everyone but law enforcement.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:24 AM

Thank you for all of that info! Yes, I will definitely make sure of that. I was reading about TB as well. We will make sure he gets rechecked hopefully as soon as he gets to his destination in Oregon. Good to know about the extradition as well! I was hoping they'd let up on the lockdown for a while longer so he could call tonight... no such luck. I'll tell him all of this the first chance I get if he hasn't gotten moved by then. Thank you so so much for sharing your knowledge of these things!
The Following User Says Thank You to GBracken For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-31-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 08:20 AM

Info from my friend in todays email -
They have started visitation on a limited schedule. 3 Bldgs per week only, until further notice. Any more drugs trying to come in that way, visitation will be canceled once again.
Rain and 45 feels like winter
Old 02-16-2017, 08:25 AM

FBOPNOMORE is correct. Most times you can't contract TB unless you have prolonged exposure, however, because the cells are so small, I'm get checked anyway and yes the test is notorious for false positives so if he does get one have him follow up with an x-ray

Joe
The Following User Says Thank You to joetnymedic For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-16-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 07:21 PM

Default New problems at the FCI August 2017

Hey All, for those of you who have inmates at Seagoville just a heads up I got an email from a friend of mine who is at the prison advising me as well as other family members that apparently several inmates were caught with K2 in their system and this resulted in visiting being shut down as well as commissary the rec yard and a few other things Library as well apparently some of the units or at least the two units that were involved have had their phone privileges shut down for the time being as well, if I get anything else out I will let you know by the way I don't know why but he sent me this email on the 7th and I just got it today
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joetnymedic For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-13-2017), Jenjen417 (08-14-2017)