Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:42 AM

Default PO said not to use and I did, now what?

hi i have a question about my probation its misdemeanor probation however my probation officer is a douche...now i came into his office on friday and he told me not to use because he was going to give me a urian text on monday well i used that Friday when i got out of his office used heroin and now im freaking out because i do NOT want to go back to jail i havent used since that day and have been drinking water i just yeah any thought here
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2016, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,697 Times in 2,862 Posts

Your PO is not a douche. He or she is doing their job. In fact, it sounds like he's trying to keep you out of jail. Even gave you a head's up on your next UA. He told you NOT to use and you did. You blew it frankly.

No one here is going to tell you how to circumvent a dirty test. You did what you weren't supposed to do now you'll have to pay the consequences.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:43 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,494 Times in 11,920 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. What happens now will be up to your PO, and if the test you take discloses your drug use Friday.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:12 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,195 Times in 15,227 Posts

Apparently you have an issue that needs to be addressed--heroin. As stated, the PO is doing his job. He could simply write you up as a violation.....even if he doesn't give you any jail time this time, he most likely will if it happens again, including filing for revocation. Ask for help.

FYI: Drinking a ton of water will lead to a diluted sample, which is also a violation.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Scott (09-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vk1234 View Post
hi i have a question about my probation its misdemeanor probation however my probation officer is a douche...now i came into his office on friday and he told me not to use because he was going to give me a urian text on monday well i used that Friday when i got out of his office used heroin and now im freaking out because i do NOT want to go back to jail i havent used since that day and have been drinking water i just yeah any thought here
With all due respect my thought is that you need some assistance in getting clean and staying clean. You were told when you would have a UA and you still disrespected your PO (and yourself) and used.

I have to totally agree is sass4221. Your PO is doing their job and it seems you are not doing "your job" by at least attempting to stay clean. You need to put some effort into it. If it is a serious issue then discuss
Old 09-12-2016, 06:38 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,808 Times in 1,637 Posts

Now nicer: stop using, follow the rules and maybe also stop blaming others. You have obviously a drug-problem you should take care of, the PO cannot do that for you.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:51 AM

Thanked 2,931 Times in 1,790 Posts

Well your PO is doing his job....atleast he warned you about it but Cleary you need to get help. If you want to stay out of jail then stop using drugs and clean your self up. If you don't your going to end up in prison and on parole. Not good.

Last edited by nygirl17; 09-12-2016 at 06:58 AM..
Old 09-12-2016, 06:51 AM

Thanked 1,862 Times in 892 Posts

PO's are supposed to hold their clients accountable, and yours will do just that!

I hope you get to a point where you hit your bottom and seek help for your addiction, until you do, life will be pretty crappy for you and everyone that cares for you.
Scott (09-12-2016), sidewalker (09-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 08:18 AM

Thanked 3,307 Times in 1,684 Posts

Maybe at this point since you failed, they will put you in a monitored program, so you can actually get the help you need. You can do it. Now you have to face the consequences and you will grow from it.
The Following User Says Thank You to thatwiz For This Useful Post:
priceam (09-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 08:28 AM
attorney

Thanked 21,472 Times in 7,511 Posts

whoops. Go in with options. Tell your PO that you used and what you used, and go in with options. Get the funds together and get into a rehab - that would be the number 1 option. Tell your PO you used, what you used, how you used it, and that you're going to rehab from the POs office if the PO doesn't violate you then and there. Give the PO the name of the rehab, the contact number, and allow the PO to verify you are headed there right after you leave your PO's office.

This would show the PO that you're actually taking responsibility for what's obviously a problem with you.

A diluted dirty UA? That's saying, "PO - I'm hoping you're an idiot and I will do everything I can to scam the system because I just don't care what you or the system wants. I will do what I want even if against the law or the rules. Please send me back to jail because that's the only way to keep society safe from me."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
Scott (09-12-2016), Tina Balser (09-12-2016), waitinguntil001 (09-15-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 10:04 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

If you need to detox, OLOP on Newburg Rd. is an option, as is UL Hospital downtown. It isn't a "rehab" but you will be detoxed in a safe environment. Stay is usually 5-7 days.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 09-12-2016, 11:53 AM

The other posters are correct - your PO is doing his job - and is holding you to a condition of parole / probation that you signed that you understood and accepted before you were released. He is not picking on you; this is a general condition that applies to all parolees / probationers.

I don't know what your state's specific rules are, but in Georgia, a refusal to take a drug test is counted as a violation.

The other posters are telling you the truth about a diluted urine sample, too. I was surprised to find out that clear urine is a red flag to them for drug usage (I was surprised because I have had kidney stones and drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water a day to try to prevent them - and I wondered what in the world would happen to me if I were in that situation), so you might as well stop drinking all that extra water right now. Don't try any of the "masks" that are sold to help people beat drug tests - and don't try bringing in someone else's urine - they have screens for those, so save your money.

I think that you might as well go in and admit your usage before you are tested, as they will find out and regardless of how much you protest after your positive screen, it's not going to do you any good.

Not knowing the policies of your state or how many failed drug tests you have had before this one, there is no way to begin to predict what course of action your PO might take.

And for the love of all that is holy, don't even BEGIN to think about absconding. It's not worth it; you will be found - and if you are tolled, that tolled time is not counted toward finishing your sentence, so you will be in the system longer than you had anticipated.

I hope you get help for your problem, but remember that you are the only one who can help yourself in this area. I don't know how old you are, but regardless of your chronological age, you have to grow up and stop blaming other people for what you do. Until you do that, going to rehab might help you in the short run, but the odds are that you would be right back where you were in a relatively short period of time.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:04 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Quote:
a refusal to take a drug test is counted as a violation.
The OP is in Ky, and the rules here are the same: refusal or inability to produce a sample is a violation; diluted sample is a violation.

In his favor is the fact that PO's in Ky have a "matrix" of violations and sanctions that are to be imposed before resorting to revocation. Well, they're supposed to adhere to the matrix, it's written in the Statutes/Administrative Regulations.

When I was mandated to MCR (Monitored Conditional Release) while going through the court system I was also a lifetime member of weight watchers = water, water & more water. I also drug tested once a week. I was concerned about a diluted sample violation and spoke to the counselor about it. She said I was "borderline," but that I was borderline consistently. I suppose that's important, no fluctuation between UA's. I was never violated for that....as a matter of fact, she said I became her "case study & poster child" to compare to others that did have diluted samples (or something along those lines).

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (09-13-2016), Tina Balser (09-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 02:24 PM

Default Thanks! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
The OP is in Ky, and the rules here are the same: refusal or inability to produce a sample is a violation; diluted sample is a violation.

In his favor is the fact that PO's in Ky have a "matrix" of violations and sanctions that are to be imposed before resorting to revocation. Well, they're supposed to adhere to the matrix, it's written in the Statutes/Administrative Regulations.

When I was mandated to MCR (Monitored Conditional Release) while going through the court system I was also a lifetime member of weight watchers = water, water & more water. I also drug tested once a week. I was concerned about a diluted sample violation and spoke to the counselor about it. She said I was "borderline," but that I was borderline consistently. I suppose that's important, no fluctuation between UA's. I was never violated for that....as a matter of fact, she said I became her "case study & poster child" to compare to others that did have diluted samples (or something along those lines).
Thanks so much for that information! As I said, I wondered what would happen to someone in my situation and I'll bet that's the way the POs would handle something iike that - consistently clear urine would be something to take into consideration. See? Learn something new every day!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tina Balser For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-12-2016), patchouli (09-12-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 05:55 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,494 Times in 11,920 Posts

Don't forget that probation is never over until you are formally released from supervision. Too often folks write that they were violated a few days from the end of their sentences.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:58 AM

I hope you are able to get the help that you need. If that means failing a urine test and facing the consequences so be it. My cousin struggles with addiction, after jail they sent her to a rehab house with lots of counseling and it helped her so much. Living your life the way you are is no way to truly live.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sean’sWife82 For This Useful Post:
priceam (09-13-2016), waitinguntil001 (09-15-2016)