Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Australia / New Zealand Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Australia/NZ Parole, Probation & Release Forum
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Australia/NZ Parole, Probation & Release Forum Use this forum for topics concerning parole, probation and release in relation to Aus/NZ prisons.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:43 AM

Default prisoners released early

Every year about 200 to 300 prisoners are released early a week or 2 before Christmas. I was wondering if anyone knows if this has been done for this year? DH thought it might be this week when it happens but he wasnt sure so he wanted me to ask.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2006, 05:23 AM

Hi kellz, J was telling me that at his place a lot have been released early, ready for the next intake over christmas. I guess it is easier for the workers if there are less to watch over the holiday break. who knows? they aren't going to tell us what is actually going on are they?
Hope all runs smoothly for you all.
Sandy
Old 01-01-2007, 08:29 AM

I was in over xmas 2005 - got sentenced mid december, and in QLD I enquired and no they don't give early release just for xmas!
Old 01-02-2007, 02:56 AM

Not here in NSW either. I think this one goes in the same basket as the whole "get out early on good behaviour" thing. It just doesn't happen! A non parole period, is exactly that and that is the earliest date of release.