Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MISC. > PTO ARCHIVES > Hurricane Katrina Disaster Forum
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hurricane Katrina Disaster Forum Please use this forum to discusss all news and information relating to Hurricane Katrina

Old 09-03-2005, 10:27 AM

Old 09-03-2005, 10:47 AM

Just one more and I will stop.

Old 09-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Donation Award 

All I know my heart goes out to those people, and we can all pitch in to help them in some small way. I just finished packing three big boxes of clothes to send them. and also some blankets. Every litllte bit helps. we all need tostick together as a nation and help our niebors. My heart is broken for the missery they are going thru. We can complain all day long but thats not helping them. You can send what ever little money you have as it to will help. I just wish I could go down there and help myself. It's the little things that help. I don't care what Bush says as thats just words and i don't see where that is helping. So everyone dig deep and do what you can to send some kind of aid to them. We all have clothes we don't wear anymore and those would help someone there. We all need to stick together and show some mercy to them. MAY GOD BLESS THEM ALL

Old 09-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,755 Times in 1,586 Posts
Exclamation

Here are a few pictures I would like to show myself. This is part of my issue with Michael Moore.. This is what you found the second rescue personnel could get to the scene. (Once the hurricane cleared and the winds died down enough for any aircraft to fly) The Air National Guard that was close by was already in the area from day two. The coast guard was there the same day the storm came through and started pulling people from the roofs starting from late in the afternoon non-stop through now..

God bless everyone who has been working tirelessly to save lives..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 47_1_090105_katrina_firefighter_.jpg (39.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 2005_09_02t100012_352x450_us_weather_katrina_funding.jpg (54.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 2005_09_02t134852_367x450_us_weather_katrina_terrorism.jpg (84.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 2005_09_02t145211_386x450_us_weather_katrina_wrap.jpg (91.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg r323467304.jpg (75.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg r394559979.jpg (79.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg r1488109263.jpg (76.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg r3248315685.jpg (76.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg r4205629313.jpg (71.2 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg r4288445029.jpg (77.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg r4193199112.jpg (108.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 2005_09_01t133040_450x266_us_weather_katrina_military.jpg (69.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 2005_09_02t080414_347x450_us_weather_katrina_wrap.jpg (76.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 2005_09_02t075518_333x450_us_weather_katrina_congress.jpg (71.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 2005_09_02t074202_450x259_us_weather_explosion_katrina.jpg (70.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg r438413796.jpg (77.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg r2078194023.jpg (108.5 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg r1349024874.jpg (79.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg r321281194.jpg (78.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg r483466173.jpg (92.4 KB, 42 views)
Old 09-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Account Closed

You know...I don't usually get into stuff like this; okay so I do

But the day before it hit the President declared states of emergencies...NOT LA'S GOV. BUT OUR PRESIDENT..............

The Gov. and the Mayor (esp..him) have done NOTHING to help but the Mayor wants to blame everyone esle but him and the Gov. Why did they do nothing to prepare for this....They saw how last year was with Florida.....Every state close to the oceans have prepared over the last year for this season....Our GOV....decleared state of emergency two days before KATRINA EVER HIT US......AND SHE WAS SMALL THEN............WHY???? because he knew what we went through last year....

Do you know that the day of Katrina hitting that we had TROOPS FROM FLORIDA ON THE WAY DURING THE HURRICANE to go help...................we have sent National guards men and women from Florida...we have sent our own law enforcements and our own EMS and ambulances to help...................

So before we start praising this Micheal Moore....lets look at the facts...............

WHY DID THE GOV. AND THE MAYOR OF LA AND NEW ORLEANS NOT PREPARE FOR THIS....THEY HAD FAIR ENOUGH TIME TO DO IT......
Old 09-03-2005, 12:35 PM
there's my rollin pin!!

Yes a big thank you to those that have helped to get others out of there, God bless you.

After reading some of the post unless I misunderstood them, it was up to the mayor of New Orleans and the Governor to make the call to get transportation for those unable to get out on their own?? If I am correct in that, then those 2 need to tell us the American public why they didn't call for that help before the hurricane came.

Now as to the levee's since its been known for so long that they would be unable to stop the flooding if a big hurricane came. How could so many sessions of Congress always voted it down?? Certainly not for the lack of funds, I pray thats not the reason they gave. I really would like to know more about it and why it wasn't done. So if any one could point me in the right direction to research it, its much appreciated.

Also what is FEMA's responsibilties with these disasters BEFORE they happened?? I know how they step in after the storms but not before hand.

I naively thought after the horror of Andrew we would be better equipped to deal with hurricanes of such magnitude, Guess there's still alot for those in charge of such things to learn. Most importantly to limit as much damage as possible before it hits. And the damage thats most important to me is the human lives saved by being put out of harms way.

In New Orleans from what I've read and heard the most damage and lives lost are due to the flooding that happened afterwards when the levee's broke. That to me is what should have us the most pissed, why was it not taken care of when it should have been many, many years ago?? Isn't it time that those who could have done something about it have to answer to the public why it wasn't?

Im trying not to let emotions take over my thinking and educate myself to the facts and what is it that we the public can do to help prevent something like this from happening again. I know we will always have natural disasters, nothing we can do to stop them, but we can try to minimize the destruction as much as possible.

Also when will man learn that nature makes it clear there are just some places you DON"T build on!! Without paying a mighty high price for it when these storms come.
Like down here we have built up developments fringing onto the Everglades, big NO NO in my book. I fear some day the price will be paid for doing so.

My prayers for all dealing with this disaster.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:54 PM

From my understanding the chain of command would be the mayor, the governor then the president. Bush did issue a state of emergency on Saturday before the storm hit. And Mayor Nagin issued a mandatory evacuation. But people simply did not heed the warnings, for whatever the reasons, money transportation or because they couldn't phyiscally.

As for the levees, this comes back not only on the current President Bush, but for all those before him. And to the City of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana. Everyone was aware of the need for these to be strengthened and it got put on the back burner.

You see there is no one person that can be blamed. And at this point blaming isn't helping. They need to quit point fingers and use that energy to get this situation under control and help those people.

Till I pick him up!!!

Old 09-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

OTRA,
You got me thinking and curious too. I cannot say for sure but I think FEMA's role in Hurricane disasters is more reactionary with planning assistance. This is more a guess from what I have read over time but I am going to see what I can dig up research-wise.

As for the Dike / Levee System... It has been a failure waiting to happen for years. There has been study after study and they all said the same thing.. Category 4 or 5 and it is going to crumble. Who's at fault for it? I think this will be debated upon for years and maybe decades to come. Is it New Orleans for continuing to live in a death bowl? Is it the states for not building that sucker up with huge mountains of dirt and concrete? Is it the federal governments for not just giving them an unlimited budget (and that of everyone else who is in danger of a storm this size)?
I have my own personal opinions on who/what may be more at fault than the others but I am not going to air them right now because I don't think it is the time and I also like to heavily research things before I open my mouth on something this sensitive.
Like 9/11, I don't think any one person or agency is to blame. I think in hindsight, we can look back and see it as a cumulative failure and oversight by many. I am sure everyone will quickly agree however that 2 days worth of money (1 Billion dollars! 1/2 Billion a day right now) would have completely fortified the levy system. But again, what about all the other cities across this country that need fortifying and everything else? That is where the congressional budget comes into play. You cannot help everyone and you don't know where the next hurricane, tornado or tsunami is going to hit. Hindsight is 20/20..

I'll post what I find about FEMA if you don't find it first. I think the nation really should know what the roles are of each local, state & federal agency and what you can expect from them. I think too many of us feel that if something bad happens we have an immediate bail-out, which obviously isn't always the case.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:05 PM

We need to stand by our nation! I don't alway's like how our President handles things, But I do pray for him! That God touches this mans heart and guides him the right way no one is perfect. Pointing the finger it's gonna change any of this we need to unite once again and be there for one another as Americans but more important as Humans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2005, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,010 Times in 10,825 Posts

IT'S NOT ABOUT MICHAEL MOORE!!!

A whole lot of the anger and disappointment is coming from a couple of facts.

One is that after 9-11, and the creation of the Homeland Security department, and the enhancement of FEMA - we have been assured that everything is hunky-dory, we're ready for anything, we're in control. But the facts of this disaster have made it clear that we're in charge of nothing and nothing is hunky-dory at all.

One of the other facts that has really gotten under my skin is that for 4 days I watched officials saying that it's really not that bad, that people are being taken care of, that everything is under control. Every outlet you could think of - Internet, radio, TV, newspapers - were all making it abundantly clear that such was not the case. It WAS the case that huge numbers of people, and not just in New Orleans, had seen nothing at all of rescue personnel or aid.

The other fact that bothers me greatly is that during the great flood of '27, aid was there in 2 days. Hoover was the coordinator at that time (not yet President), and did a magnificent job of organizing help. We have since become so bloated with toys and equipment that it takes us far too long to organize and react appropriately. More toys for the big boys in the Defense Department, but the department is so big that it is like turning the QE II. Maybe everybody wants to get their particular toy into action, maybe they're the wrong toys for the situation, may be a hundred other things, but the absolute fact is that hundreds are dying slow deaths and others suffering permanent injury because help is not there.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Always Special in our heart..

Did anybody see the coverage last night on Fox News, when Shep was near tears when he relayed how the 4 buses pulled up the Ritz Carlton Hotel and evacuated the tourists and guests from the hotel. Shep said this was on the direct order of the Mayor. Now if the New Orleans mayor could get 4 buses to those in the Ritz Carlton, he surely could have gotten those 4 busses to the Convention Center. I respect our President so much and I know he's doing what he can do.

I personally feel that the mayor of New Orleans and the Governor are totally inadequate to be in the positions they are. Hopefully they have elections coming up soon and the people of LA will show their voice and get them out of there.

I'd personally like to see Rudy come in a take over the operations of recovery for the area.

I have no comment on the M&M candy voice as his words melt away without and rhyme nor reason...
Old 09-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay
IT'S NOT ABOUT MICHAEL MOORE!!!

A whole lot of the anger and disappointment is coming from a couple of facts.

One is that after 9-11, and the creation of the Homeland Security department, and the enhancement of FEMA - we have been assured that everything is hunky-dory, we're ready for anything, we're in control. But the facts of this disaster have made it clear that we're in charge of nothing and nothing is hunky-dory at all.
I don't think anyone has ever claimed that we are ready for a category 3-5 hurricane and we never will be. Mother nature has killed more people than any war has and she will always win.

Quote:
One of the other facts that has really gotten under my skin is that for 4 days I watched officials saying that it's really not that bad, that people are being taken care of, that everything is under control. Every outlet you could think of - Internet, radio, TV, newspapers - were all making it abundantly clear that such was not the case. It WAS the case that huge numbers of people, and not just in New Orleans, had seen nothing at all of rescue personnel or aid.
Due to the size of this hurricane, how could they. This thing took out thousands of square miles of land. While all the attention has been focused on New Orleans, what about the places in Mississippi that still have not been reached? It is impossible to cover all of this and if anyone has been denied assistance and focus, I would have to say it is Mississippi and Alabama. The media is rarely showing those areas except raw devastation shots. All the helicopters and the majority of the National Guard are in New Orleans.. Not elsewhere.
As for government (state and fed) playing this down, I don't see it that way. I think the problem is that many of them didn't know how bad it was until later in the game. Heck, reports coming out of New Orleans right after the hurricane past was that it totally dodged the wrath of Katrina. Communications for the first days were very scant so many of the people in power didn't know what was needed and what was supplied was not enough.

Quote:
The other fact that bothers me greatly is that during the great flood of '27, aid was there in 2 days. Hoover was the coordinator at that time (not yet President), and did a magnificent job of organizing help. We have since become so bloated with toys and equipment that it takes us far too long to organize and react appropriately. More toys for the big boys in the Defense Department, but the department is so big that it is like turning the QE II. Maybe everybody wants to get their particular toy into action, maybe they're the wrong toys for the situation, may be a hundred other things, but the absolute fact is that hundreds are dying slow deaths and others suffering permanent injury because help is not there.
In '27, how many people lived in that city. I dare say that Hoover or anyone else at that time did not have 1/100th of the manpower that has been on the scene since day on in New Orleans alone.
These expensive toys you are talking about have been flying missions 24 hours a day since the beginning to rescue people. There is nothing that is being held back technologically-wise in this disaster. How could Hoover have done it better with Model-A fords, primitive boats and no air support at all? That is an impossibility. The situations are not the same.

All of this is so very sad but I want to ask everyone... How bad do you think it would be if this was 1927 and Katrina hit? If there was not the media coverage that we have today? We would be reading about this in newspapers a week or more later.. Nobody would understand the scope of the disaster and thus there would not be such a massive outpouring of help.. There would be no Astrodome.. There would not be people coming from all over the country to give their time, money and love to fellow humans. Black, Brown, White or Red.

Again, I don't think we will ever be able to beat a Cat 4-5 hurricane or prevent people from dying from them, but the response network we have right now is better than ANYWHERE else in the world.. People are so damn set on blaming and how this or that could be done better from their Monday morning quarterback chair that they don't realize that GUESS WHAT.. The death toll would be many many times more if the people out there giving it their all were not or could not.. All the faces you see mad and upset, starving and sick would be DEAD BODIES..

The Coast Guard estimates they have now pulled 7,000 people from the roofs.. The Air National Guard 1000's more.. These people would be dead. All the people stranded at the Superdome and elsewhere would be on their way to dying from starvation, famine and disease.. Everyone in New Orleans would be corpses in a matter of Weeks..

Something to think of when we're being critical. Yes, it could have been done better but in other places or times, it might not have been done at all.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo
Did anybody see the coverage last night on Fox News, when Shep was near tears when he relayed how the 4 buses pulled up the Ritz Carlton Hotel and evacuated the tourists and guests from the hotel. Shep said this was on the direct order of the Mayor. Now if the New Orleans mayor could get 4 buses to those in the Ritz Carlton, he surely could have gotten those 4 busses to the Convention Center.
I meant to comment on that and forgot.

The Mayor is going to be out of office or out of time very soon. What he did was evacuate the foreigners from the Marriott (?) hotel across from the Superdome and then put them in front of the line, bypassing all the thousands of people that had been out there for days.
I tell you what... That was an act of lunacy and it almost started a riot.
I don't care who or what you are... You wait in line for your turn. You don't get placed up front unless you are sick, old or there is some sort of medical emergency.

I'd bet he was thinking that he better not let those foreigners perish or tourism would suffer from it!

Yeah, he is going to suffer mightely along with the Governor for all of this.. All the while they are going to blame the feds and Bush.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:42 PM

AMEN, Cameo and Fed-X!!
It will take weeks to get all the answers so lets begin to concentrate on doing whatever we can to help those needing it. My daughter-in-law is an R.N. and is Red Cross certified. She left her job without pay for as long as it takes and is down there "somewhere" helping people. I wish I had medical experience or in some way could be of help other than to send money to Salvation Army. All I can do now is pray for all of them and later contribute more money.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Account Closed

From what I learned last year through our hurricanes is that FEMA comes in afterwards for clean up and to help people with funding of the emergency workers...funding for the people and housing....they don't come in before....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed-X
OTRA,
You got me thinking and curious too. I cannot say for sure but I think FEMA's role in Hurricane disasters is more reactionary with planning assistance. This is more a guess from what I have read over time but I am going to see what I can dig up research-wise.

As for the Dike / Levee System... It has been a failure waiting to happen for years. There has been study after study and they all said the same thing.. Category 4 or 5 and it is going to crumble. Who's at fault for it? I think this will be debated upon for years and maybe decades to come. Is it New Orleans for continuing to live in a death bowl? Is it the states for not building that sucker up with huge mountains of dirt and concrete? Is it the federal governments for not just giving them an unlimited budget (and that of everyone else who is in danger of a storm this size)?
I have my own personal opinions on who/what may be more at fault than the others but I am not going to air them right now because I don't think it is the time and I also like to heavily research things before I open my mouth on something this sensitive.
Like 9/11, I don't think any one person or agency is to blame. I think in hindsight, we can look back and see it as a cumulative failure and oversight by many. I am sure everyone will quickly agree however that 2 days worth of money (1 Billion dollars! 1/2 Billion a day right now) would have completely fortified the levy system. But again, what about all the other cities across this country that need fortifying and everything else? That is where the congressional budget comes into play. You cannot help everyone and you don't know where the next hurricane, tornado or tsunami is going to hit. Hindsight is 20/20..

I'll post what I find about FEMA if you don't find it first. I think the nation really should know what the roles are of each local, state & federal agency and what you can expect from them. I think too many of us feel that if something bad happens we have an immediate bail-out, which obviously isn't always the case.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:03 AM
Closed

I found an article by Ben Stein in rebuttal to the slug, Michael Moore's vitriol and I couldn't wait to share it!

Get Off His Back (Updated)By Ben SteinPublished 9/2/2005 11:59:59 PM

***UPDATED: Sunday, Sept. 4, 2005, 2:13 p.m.***

A few truths, for those who have ears and eyes and care to know the truth:

1.) The hurricane that hit New Orleans and Mississippi and Alabama was an astonishing tragedy. The suffering and loss of life and peace of mind of the residents of those areas is acutely horrifying.

2.) George Bush did not cause the hurricane. Hurricanes have been happening for eons. George Bush did not create them or unleash this one.

3.) George Bush did not make this one worse than others. There have been far worse hurricanes than this before George Bush was born.

4.) There is no overwhelming evidence that global warming exists as a man-made phenomenon. There is no clear-cut evidence that global warming even exists. There is no clear evidence that if it does exist it makes hurricanes more powerful or makes them aim at cities with large numbers of poor people. If global warming is a real phenomenon, which it may well be, it started long before George Bush was inaugurated, and would not have been affected at all by the Kyoto treaty, considering that Kyoto does not cover the world's worst polluters -- China, India, and Brazil. In a word, George Bush had zero to do with causing this hurricane. To speculate otherwise is belief in sorcery.

5.) George Bush had nothing to do with the hurricane contingency plans for New Orleans. Those are drawn up by New Orleans and Louisiana. In any event, the plans were perfectly good: mandatory evacuation. It is in no way at all George Bush's fault that about 20 percent of New Orleans neglected to follow the plan. It is not his fault that many persons in New Orleans were too confused to realize how dangerous the hurricane would be. They were certainly warned. It's not George Bush's fault that there were sick people and old people and people without cars in New Orleans. His job description does not include making sure every adult in America has a car, is in good health, has good sense, and is mobile.

6.) George Bush did not cause gangsters to shoot at rescue helicopters taking people from rooftops, did not make gang bangers rape young girls in the Superdome, did not make looters steal hundreds of weapons, in short make New Orleans into a living hell.

7.) George Bush is the least racist President in mind and soul there has ever been and this is shown in his appointments over and over. To say otherwise is scandalously untrue.

8.) George Bush is rushing every bit of help he can to New Orleans and Mississippi and Alabama as soon as he can. He is not a magician. It takes time to organize huge convoys of food and now they are starting to arrive. That they get in at all considering the lawlessness of the city is a miracle of bravery and organization.

9.) There is not the slightest evidence at all that the war in Iraq has diminished the response of the government to the emergency. To say otherwise is pure slander.

10.) If the energy the news media puts into blaming Bush for an Act of God worsened by stupendous incompetence by the New Orleans city authorities and the malevolence of the criminals of the city were directed to helping the morale of the nation, we would all be a lot better off.

11.) New Orleans is a great city with many great people. It will recover and be greater than ever. Sticking pins into an effigy of George Bush that does not resemble him in the slightest will not speed the process by one day.

12.) The entire episode is a dramatic lesson in the breathtaking callousness of government officials at the ground level. Imagine if Hillary Clinton had gotten her way and they were in charge of your health care.

God bless all of those dear people who are suffering so much, and God bless those helping them, starting with George Bush.

UPDATE: Sunday, Sept. 4, 2005, 2:13 p.m.:

More Mysteries of Katrina:

Why is it that the snipers who shot at emergency rescuers trying to save people in hospitals and shelters are never mentioned except in passing, and Mr. Bush, who is turning over heaven and earth to rescue the victims of the storm, is endlessly vilified?

What church does Rev. Al Sharpton belong to that believes in passing blame and singling out people by race for opprobrium and hate?

What special abilities does the media have for deciding how much blame goes to the federal government as opposed to the city government of New Orleans for the aftereffects of Katrina?

If able-bodied people refuse to obey a mandatory evacuation order for a city, have they not assumed the risk that ill effects will happen to them?

When the city government simply ignores its own sick and hospitalized and elderly people in its evacuation order, is Mr. Bush to blame for that?

Is there any problem in the world that is not Mr. Bush's fault, or have we reverted to a belief in a sort of witchcraft where we credit a mortal man with the ability to create terrifying storms and every other kind of ill wind?

Where did the idea come from that salvation comes from hatred and criticism and mockery instead of love and co-operation?
Old 09-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Closed

Arrow

Here's another of my written by the son of a former President.

Will Somebody Say Thank You?
Making Sense, By Michael Reagan

Turn on TV, read the local newspaper or listen to your local radio station and all you are going to hear, see and read are accounts of people knee-deep in playing the blame game. What you don't hear is anybody saying "thank you."

From the safety of France, Pierce Brosnan took the time to tell the world: "This man called President Bush has a lot to answer for. I don't know if this man is really taking care of America. This government has been shameful." Instead of lifting a finger to help Katrina's victims, this was the make-believe 007's response to the tragedy.

Hollywood celebrity Sean Penn raced to New Orleans with his leaky boat in what became a Keystone Kops effort to rescue flood-stranded victims. He failed, but the cameras were there to record for posterity his gallantry in coming to their aid. Having lost that photo op, he launched into his usual leftist rhetoric to castigate the president, accusing the administration of criminal negligence, while his boat's engine sputtered to a stop.

At a Labor Day rally, with his AFL-CIO union collapsing all around him, John Sweeney assured his members that what he alleged was the government's slow response was a sign of hostility to workers. No kidding, he actually said that.
Can you just picture George Bush waking up in the morning and saying to Laura: "The hell with those workers. We're not going to send help to New Orleans because we hate 'em."

As these bozos were collectively venting their liberal spleen at the president, huge caravans of trucks carry thousands of tons of food and water and clothing and other vital supplies were pouring into New Orleans from as far away as California and New York. Army and National Guard troops were arriving by the thousands, all sent under orders from the president. Did it occur to any of his critics to take a moment out to say "thank you" to George Bush?

Harry Connick Jr., a native resident of New Orleans, was there, but unlike his fellow celebrities he wasn't spending his time making political speeches. Instead, he was in his boat - which didn't leak - surrounded by toxic water and rescuing those mostly black folks trapped by the flood. Has anybody said "thank you" to Harry Connick Jr.?
From almost the moment the 17th Street dike broke, members of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers have been laboring day and night to repair the breech and stop any more of the lake waters from gushing into the streets of New Orleans ­ a job they have now completed. Has anybody said "thank you" to these dedicated and weary men? Not that I've heard.

All across the nation the left-wing wackos are squinting to find something they can complain about and blame on the president for alleged failures in the massive federal effort to cope with the worst natural disaster in American history. They can't bring themselves to admit that a lot of good things are being done by the federal government and the horde of good people who are pitching in to help their fellow Americans. If they did they might have to say "thank you," a phrase they don't seem to have in their vocabularies.

When my wife asks me to vacuum the house, I inevitably miss a spot. She doesn't jump all over me because I messed up, but, understanding what klutzes husbands are when it comes to domestic chores, she simply thanks me.

These liberal scoundrels don't have it in them to thank those police, firemen, National Guardsmen, regular army soldiers, relief workers from FEMA and the Red Cross and all the others and the people in the Bush administration whose efforts are above and far beyond the call of duty.

They are too busy looking for the motes in the administration's eyes to see the huge planks in their own.

All together now, let's hear it: "Thank you President Bush, thank you Harry Connick Jr., thank you police and firemen and National Guardsmen and members of the Red Cross and Salvation Army and all you other heroes."
Old 09-08-2005, 08:49 AM

I'd just like to say that we have close to two thousand refugees living fifteen minutes from our town in an unused military base. We are a relatively small city of about 45,000. Many of them plan to stay here. If Mr. Moore and the others would like to REALLY help, you may send money to the American Red Cross or the Salvation Army. We are out there every day, volunteers must be able to work 12 hour shifts several days in a row. The children are now being bused to four area city schools, we have started putting people to work in our community.

Free speech is a wonderful thing, but unfortunately common sense doesn't always come with those who use the gift. Michael Moore is a jacka$$ and always will be, I'm glad he has gotten the attention he so insanely craves.

Now if you are interested the evacuees are at Camp Gruber, Oklahoma. Donations may be sent directly to Muskogee, OK Red Cross, Salavation Army, Chamber of Commerce, any church or civic organization or even myself. We no longer need clothes or food. We need suitcases, duffle bags, sunglasses and most of all MONEY.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texxie

Why is it that the snipers who shot at emergency rescuers trying to save people in hospitals and shelters are never mentioned except in passing, and Mr. Bush, who is turning over heaven and earth to rescue the victims of the storm, is endlessly vilified?
Maybe because one is an incompetent criminal and the other is an incompetent president!
Old 09-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Loving Life Now!!

I'm with Bobbysbaby..Michael Moore is a jacka$$. He likes to shoot off his mouth. That's about all he's good at!!
Old 09-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by titantoo
Maybe because one is an incompetent criminal and the other is an incompetent president!
Once again, purely your opinion. Thankfully your opinion and many others don't make it fact.. Well, maybe fact in your opinion, but nevertheless.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Has anyone gotten any solid figures on all the people complaining and how much they have donated? I'm guessing that Michael Moore probably donated just to CHA but I haven't seen anything about that yet...
Old 09-18-2005, 12:44 PM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed-X
Has anyone gotten any solid figures on all the people complaining and how much they have donated? I'm guessing that Michael Moore probably donated just to CHA but I haven't seen anything about that yet...
I'd like to know this myself! And that's all I'm going to say because I have very strong feelings about this disaster - I live in Mississippi in an area affected by Katrina. Actually, I AM a "REFUGEE" myself!! I have friends that have lost everything they've spend their entire lives working for - EVERYTHING! We are too busy rebuilding our lives and our homes to do much else these days!

It's so easy to point fingers....................

Last edited by jessnkat; 09-18-2005 at 01:33 PM..
Old 09-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Texas Tornado
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,156 Times in 599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnkat
I'd like to know this myself! And that's all I'm going to say because I have very strong feelings about this disaster - I live in Mississippi in an area affected by Katrina. I have friends that have lost everything they've spend their entire lives working for - EVERYTHING! We are too busy rebuilding our lives and our homes to do much else these days!

It's so easy to point fingers..........
I agree here. Why are we in a battle of who's fault this is and what could of happened and should of happened senerios? We need to come together and fix this situation and help those that need to be helped. Why get in a political war over this when there are people that have nothing left. Are we missing the big picture? You know I don't care what state it is but when a Cat 5 huricane hits ANYONE it will be devistating to say the least. Texas is no different. Mother nature is nothing to play with and she doesn't care about political battles. She is coming no matter what or who is in office. No political debate or name calling will stop her from what her path is.

My opinion is Michael Moron needs to quit hiding behind the couch and pointing fingers. I don't see him down there picking up the pieces of the devistation. Cowards preach behind closed doors, hero's get out there and do something about it. That is what ALL of need to do.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Glad to be alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titantoo
Maybe these descriptions are actually one in the same!