Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison For anyone that has a same sex partner, family member, friend or Pen Pal in prison that is Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgendered.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:35 PM

Unhappy What do you do to pass time while your partner is doing time?

I have never been in this situation. My gf is not in jail or prison but in a rehab. They are in lockdown and not being able to talk to her is pretty depressing. So if anyone would like to share advice on how to get thru all this, pls share.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 10:19 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, I have communication with my guy through letters but I admit I wish he was here, I just work on myself and do things to improve me and keep myself busy. Life goes on and it does not pause cause he is away.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:25 AM

Me and my guy talk on the phone as much as we can since the calls are expensive being long distance and all. But we also communicate by letters, i send him pics. We have three kids together and he dosent even know our yungest baby boy. Only in pics. He got 4 years and hes been in there for 1 year. I am prety buisy with the kids. One way i am keeping myself buisy is, i started school again to get my GED, since i met him when i was 14 and droped out at 16. And i am also working and try to spend as much time as i can with my kids and that takes my mind off everything elts. Just find something you like to do or something you need to do and time will fly by. It has been for us
The Following User Says Thank You to Maria_00 For This Useful Post:
frostwoman1954 (11-22-2015)
Old 05-11-2014, 03:01 AM

Default time away from her!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessaangel02 View Post
I have never been in this situation. My gf is not in jail or prison but in a rehab. They are in lockdown and not being able to talk to her is pretty depressing. So if anyone would like to share advice on how to get thru all this, pls share.
Im in the same boat lady ughh im going crazy here
Old 11-22-2015, 11:50 AM

I am struggling along with you all. My fiancee is my best friend so it's like I lost two of the most important people in my life when she was arrested; my best friend and my fiancee. She's served four and a half, and while she will be elidgible for parole in 4 months, she will not likely receive it and will have 17 more months to flatten her 3 year sentence. I find myself depressed and missing her on a daily basis. I am told that with time you learn how to develop coping mechanisms and then the time begins to pass, but that just hasn't started to happen for me yet and I don't know how to make this start to get easier to get through.