Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:25 AM

Default A different kind of picture question

My boyfriend has been drawing sexually explicit pictures (stick figures lol) in his letters to me. They always make me laugh even when I'm feeling down. So I'm wondering, can I draw sexually explicit pictures and send them to him? I know they have all the rules for photos, but what about drawings? I'm no artist, so my drawings won't be very detailed, just noticeable "parts" and "actions." What do yall think?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,639 Times in 673 Posts

I'm not familiar with mail room rules in Harris County, but I have an intuitive feeling that if they will allow it to go out, they will allow it to come in. Give it a shot and see what happens. When I was incarcerated my sister would draw stuff on the letters in stick fashion (not sexual of course) and they were the highlight of my day.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:27 AM

In Harris county they open the letter in front of the inmate and hand it to them, its been my experience they don't go through it, although if there are pictures (photos) they will go through them first to make sure they are appropriate, but I'm sure you'd be fine to do drawings. One time, I sent my husband a letter for his birthday and I filled it with that shiny confetti and it fell out of the envelope when the guard opened it, and he still gave the letter over to my husband.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:59 AM

Thanks! I thought they actually scan through the mail. Glad to hear they only check photos. I'll give it a try and update if they reject it.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:43 PM

Just a tip, but my husband asks me not to put a return address on his letters, only my initials. His sister put her address on there once and another inmate got a hold of it and started sending her threatening letters (they do desperate things, threaten they will hurt the inmate if money isn't deposited on their books, and stuff like that) so he doesn't want my address to be visible on the envelope, plus they have to find him with no address to send it back
Old 08-27-2011, 09:48 PM

Yikes! Thanks for the tip. I never thought of that. So they do give them the actual envelope? I thought they only give them the contents of the envelope (why I thought that, I don't know lol).