Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison For anyone that has a same sex partner, family member, friend or Pen Pal in prison that is Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgendered.

Old 04-23-2005, 11:01 PM

Hello everyone,

My name is Tammy, Im also straight, but have a ton of gay/lesbian friends. I am open minded and always like to hear everyones opinion on things. ((((( group hug)))))
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2005, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald&Tammy01
Hello everyone,

My name is Tammy, Im also straight, but have a ton of gay/lesbian friends. I am open minded and always like to hear everyones opinion on things. ((((( group hug)))))
where you from
Old 08-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Hes worth the wait!

Hi Everyone - thought id pop in an add my 2 pennies!

I think i fall under the bi section! i have had both female and male partners in the past, and enjoyed them all the same for differnt reasons. I am currently waiting on my guy in FL but if i were not to be in a relationship i would be open and free on both markets. i think its truly liberating that you can find happiness in whoever you want - whatever sex - and i love this forum and the opportunities it has opened.

Im so pleased you have added this forum - i love the pto community and all in it!

Bye now!

8 Years to go!<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2013&month=8&day=01&offset=12"> </SCRIPT> days
Waiting Club 2013 #6

Old 08-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Donation Award 

It is cool that we have this forum! Thank you FedX and tebkrg for making it possible! My partner is in a Florida prison and we will be united in 4 years and 4 months! He's very special to me, and I couldn't imagine life without him. I'm in the middle of moving to Florida...spending some time with family along the way from Cali to Florida...and so haven't been able to get a letter for a week or so...that's a bit hard! He's getting letters from me everyday though
Well, thanks for letting me ramble!
Old 08-14-2005, 10:07 AM

Keep the faith and Keep Loving him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobother
Hello everyone

My name is Steve and I am new to this site, but very happy that it exists, predominately because it helps me to know that I am not alone in this struggle.

Brian, that's my partner, and I have been together for ten years and then the unthinkable happened. Brian received a ten year prison sentence for assaulting (felony assault) the Chief of Police's son. Though many things did not seem to matter enough to his public defender to bring up in court. So, we have been enduring the nightmare ever since. I have since hired a private attorney to help us, though it took long enough to find one that was interested in taking the case at a reasonable price. So much for justice being for everyone. The attorney believes that a miscariage of justice occurred not just in the charges being filed, but the sentencing as well. We suspect that a lot of it had to do with the fact that Brian and I are a gay couple. And particular individuals on the opposing side are rather homophobic to say the least and appear to be in bed with one another so to speak. Until this incident, Brian had a clean criminal record.

For me, well I am simply without the words to express how I feel about having my partner abruptly taken away from me after ten years together. I haven't slept a single night in our bed since Brian left and I doubt very much that I will until he returns. Brian is, has been and always will be my lifemate.

Anyway, so here I am. Confused, angry, hurt and lonely all rolled into one and having to learn a whole new way to cope with things I never before thought I would ever be facing firsthand. So, I am greatful that a friend of mine told me about this site.

Steve
Old 08-18-2005, 02:04 PM
BigJoe42420

My name is Joe Fox and I live in small town Kentucky-Henderson. I did 21 1/2 months on a 7 year sentence on drug charges, I was released on parole in March 2005. I generally consider myself to be gay because I do prefer to be with men, but I am technically bisexual, I really am open to love regardless of the gender! I was sexually abused by my Dad as a child and it really screwed up my head in a lot of ways, and I don't think that I have ever really been in love. I have always prefered sex with men because I knew that I could please a man, but I truly love women also, I just don't feel as comfortable with them sexually. I am now 47 years old, very much overweight, and very lonely!! I would give anything to truly love and be loved, but I am just not sure it is in the cards for me? Who really wants to be with a middle age, disabled, overweight ex-con?
Anyway...enough of my pity party, I am really happy that I found this forum, and I truly hope that I can help others who are dealing with the legal/prison system.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Pen Pal Par Excellence

Arrow Intro--cxarli (“Charlie”) from CA; has Pen Pals in AZ, WI, TX and FL

Hi there, everyone. Please have a look at my introduction on the main Introductions & Stories forum. You’ll find it here.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:46 AM

Hi there,
It's nice to meet someone who has been involved with partners of both sexes. I have been with my girlfriend for 6 years and she has been in and out of county jails the whole time. As of 3 months ago she went to prison. We have had a tough time and I met someone else. He is amazing!! We became romanticly involved and my girlfrind found out. He now is also locked up in CRC in California. He should be home in a few weeks maybe a month. My girlfriend will be gone 2 years. I cant turn my back on her. I won't. I still love her very much but am not in love with her. I am in love with my Babe. She has no idea that he and I write and he calls daily. I dont think telling her would do anyone any good at this point. No matter what happens I will always be here for her as a friend if nothing else. We have been through a lot and we owe each other at least that. Any advise, insite, of general thoughts about this sure would be welocmed. Bless you

LuvMyBabestats
Old 08-29-2005, 11:17 AM
BigJoe42420

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyBabesTats
Hi there,
It's nice to meet someone who has been involved with partners of both sexes. I have been with my girlfriend for 6 years and she has been in and out of county jails the whole time. As of 3 months ago she went to prison. We have had a tough time and I met someone else. He is amazing!! We became romanticly involved and my girlfrind found out. He now is also locked up in CRC in California. He should be home in a few weeks maybe a month. My girlfriend will be gone 2 years. I cant turn my back on her. I won't. I still love her very much but am not in love with her. I am in love with my Babe. She has no idea that he and I write and he calls daily. I dont think telling her would do anyone any good at this point. No matter what happens I will always be here for her as a friend if nothing else. We have been through a lot and we owe each other at least that. Any advise, insite, of general thoughts about this sure would be welocmed. Bless you
LuvMyBabesTats,
No Matter what, those are two lucky people to have you there for them! Not everyone has someone on the outside, especially someone who loves them in any way! Just be there for each of them as best you can and it will all work out!
Peace,
Joe
Old 08-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Donation Award 

Default Where in FL?

Hi,

I just read ur post and saw that Florida is keeping your guy too. Mine's at Taylor Annex, where's urs?

Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingforBrian
Hi Everyone - thought id pop in an add my 2 pennies!

I think i fall under the bi section! i have had both female and male partners in the past, and enjoyed them all the same for differnt reasons. I am currently waiting on my guy in FL but if i were not to be in a relationship i would be open and free on both markets. i think its truly liberating that you can find happiness in whoever you want - whatever sex - and i love this forum and the opportunities it has opened.

Im so pleased you have added this forum - i love the pto community and all in it!

Bye now!
Old 09-21-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Who the heck is Bryan?

Hi everyone...

This is my first day here, so let me introduce myself. My name is Bryan and I live in Ohio. I am a gay stand-up comedian, fitness instructor, and I have also worked with the mentally challenged as a care-giver.

I am 34 years old at the present time. What brings me here is the following:

While I was working as a caregiver for the mentally challenged, I was recently suspended pending an investigation. They are claiming that I used some of the clients money to purchase things for myself, since they can't seem to locate items on receits on the clients home. They are now also claiming that I forged their signature (actually their initials) on to paperwork also.

As of this moment, no charges have been officially filed...but it looks like that may happen in the near future. And since my clients were mentally challenged...that makes these offenses felonies instead of misdemeanors.

My lawyer is working to try and settle everything out of court, and to avoid any charges or jail time...but the cops are not being very co-operative. Looks like they really wanna nail me (and not in a good way).

The worst case scenario is that I could be looking at 4 years if I am convicted. So, I guess my main reason for looking up this site is to get as much info as I can about what prison is like so that I know what to expect.

If anyone here would like to correspond with me to help me out, I would greatly appreciate that...

Sincerely,
Bryan
Old 09-22-2005, 04:48 AM
Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,619 Times in 345 Posts

Hey Bryan,

Welcome to PTO - sorry that it is under the circumstances that it is, but this is the right place for you to find the support that you need!

Hope all goes well for you!

The Prison System is Broken
Old 09-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,587 Times in 3,621 Posts

Welcome To PTO Bryan
Old 10-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Texas Moderator
Donation Award 

Well short and sweet.I'm a 42 year old white gay male in love with a 20 year old black gay male.He is my partner in for life.He's serving 14 years for two counts of aggrivated robbery here in Texas.I just wanted to say hello.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:01 AM
Administrator
Donation Award 

Hey Mike - Welcome!

Old 10-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Oh no a Hand basket again

Hi mike,

Glad to see you on here, there are so many amazing people here to incase you need some help. Teb and phil are the two main guys who rock my world with answers and help. so feel free to post and feel welcome.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:06 PM

Hello all,
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Valerie and my wife of 8 years just entered prison. I am so very heartbroken and hope to find a family here on these boards. We have a 3 year old daughter via artifical insemination (I carried her but we conceived her together) and I am now raising her alone. I just want my wife home so that we can raise our daughter together. Our daughter does not understand why mommy is away. I try so very hard to stress to her just how much her other mommy loves her but how do you fully explain that to a 3 year old? How do you raise a child knowing that at best her mommy will be home when she is 23? I love my wife so very much but I hate the crime that she committed. How do I explain to our daughter (when she is much older) what her mommy did?
Are there any other gay/lesbian parents in the same boat as I am in? Any advice? My heart just aches for my wife but in the same regard I hate what my she did. I sometimes feel like I am losing my mind, but I always am able to keep it together for our little girl. I break down after she is fast asleep. When we took our vows I said for better or for worse. I will live by my vows. I just don't know how much worse it could possibly get. Sorry to ramble. Thanks for reading.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:21 AM
Administrator
Donation Award 

Valerie,

Welcome to our group!

I encourage you to ask your questions as new threads in the GLBT forum... this forum is just for introductions and you will get a better response if you start a new thread!

Old 10-13-2005, 06:03 AM

Welcome to pto! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:25 AM
Frenchy Member

Welcome to PTO Valérie, I just answered your other thread.

Phil
Old 10-18-2005, 03:07 PM

Welcome to the site Bryan. Hope all goes well for you! I'll keep you in my prayers.
Chris

Old 10-29-2005, 09:56 PM

Hi, my name is Alma. There's sooo many things I want to say but I don't want to make this post too long. Just the basics for now then starting with some background information. I was incarcerated in Texas for 2 years and while there I fell in love with a fellow inmate. After being in prison I KNOW all the bs with prison "relationships" that's the reason I didn't want to get involved with anyone, but after 6 months of friendship she had gained my trust. By the way both of us were gay prior to being incarcerated. Now to the reason I'm posting. I was released a little over a year ago and we've written each other nearly every day since my release. Just recently the mailroom has been finding reasons to deny our mail (both incoming and outgoing) and today I recieved a letter telling me that I have been placed on her negative mailing list and I think there's a possiblity I've been taken off her vistors list as well. I'm just sick to my stomach and all I can do is cry and cry some more. I'm going to try to appeal these decisions but I really don't know much about the system. I also don't know all the details about he situation because she can't write me! I'll stop before I get into other topics but that's my situation for now. Thanks for listening.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Kid of A Convict

Default yay, there are gays here

I don't know if I should post this here, I was just glad to see other gays! I'm a 20 year old ftm with a father in prison. I'm going for my first visit soon, I haven't seen my father in 10 years. We've talked a little bit in letters about my life, he knows I have a female partner, but he doesn't know about my transition. I'm afraid of how he will take seeing his 'son' intead of his daughter, and I'm trying to decide whether or not it would just be easier on both of us if I just dressed like a girl for once in my life. I'm worried about his reaction, but what can he do really? Other than stop writing to me, take me of his list. I just don't know how to handle this and I could use some advice.
Thanks
AJ
Old 11-04-2005, 04:56 PM

I really feel that you should not have to change who you are for the sake of your father. The best gift I think you can give a person is honesty. You are being honest to yourself in your transition from FTM. I would suggest just continuing to be true to yourself.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Waiting 3 states away

Red face Hello all;

I am a gay man who has a lover, Brent, in the Texas Prison System. We had been together a little over a year when he was picked up here in Alabama. He had been involved with some things in his home state before I ever met him--without my knowledge I might add-- and owed Texas some time. So I was completely blind sided by it last June. We are going on our 8th month apart and it is hard as hell at times. He must do at least two years (if he makes parole) and could do up to three years before his release. I didn't even know about this part of PTO until about an hour ago. I found PTO while looking for information about the Texas system; so, I didn't even go to the index page when I joined. I am so grateful that there is somewhere that I can talk about things with people. I have been incarcerated in Alabama; so, any questions about my state's system I will be happy to answer for anyone who may need information about that. I really just wanted to say hello and move on for now.
later
A.