Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Oregon should be posted here.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:08 PM

Smile 90 day trans leave and county transfer question HELP

My husband is currently serving time at TRCI in Umatila county. I also moved to Umatilla county to be close to him. He got in trouble in Lane county so he will be doing a county transfer so he can parole here to my house. My husband does qualify for 90 day trans leave but is concerned that he will lose it if he doesnt parole to Lane county.

Is that true? Does anyone know? It seems really unfair that he would lose his transleave if he gets a county transfer but who knows. This whole prison experience has not exaclty been fair. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2019, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,128 Times in 3,178 Posts

He needs to get the county transfer lined up before his trans leave would start. If he can get the transfer in order before he's supposed to transition out, then he should transition to Umatilla, not Lane.

If the county transfer is not in order at the start of his transitional leave, then, yes, he'll end up starting his trans leave in Lane county.

You're right, not only is the whole experience not fair (or just, or helpful really), it's also completely opaque, no one in the system wants to give out information (because then you'll say "but so-and-so told me something else" and then there will be problems, because often, even the people inside the system don't understand the system - I don't say that to bash the employees, but in a bureaucracy that large, no one can understand everything). It's really rough - even when we want to be happy because our loved one is getting out, it's still rough.