Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:48 PM

Exclamation Coleman is on lockdown

Appologies for not having a link, first coast news reporting that an inmate has died after being separated from another inmate around 5am this morning, and passed in the medical ward around 7am. Names have not been released. Coleman is on lockdown untill further notice......
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

http://www.tampabay.com/incoming/fig...inmate/1145170
Old 01-13-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyRunn View Post
Appologies for not having a link, first coast news reporting that an inmate has died after being separated from another inmate around 5am this morning, and passed in the medical ward around 7am. Names have not been released. Coleman is on lockdown untill further notice......
WWWHHHAAAATTTTTTTTT??? another one? in coleman 1 or 2??? no, please...what the hell is going on?? that is very bad and very very sad!!! no please.. coleman 1 supposed to come off lockdown tomorrow, and now ther eis another incident? no . please - tell me that is a bad joke..
why is it always that if in one building is an icident , another will follow in the other building..( regarding to USP 1 and 2).??? please no, now im back on being very worried about my hubby!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:47 AM

i just did some research.. and i found a bit more information!! here is the link: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,6251238.story

oh , and this time it is COLEMAN 2!!
man it is so bad!! im very very sorry..
Old 01-13-2011, 07:03 AM

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. I hope that you will all find out that your family inside is alright.

My husband is scheduled to self-surrender soon, but we aren't sure it's Coleman yet. Does this sort of thing happen often? He will be in low security if anybody knows anything about that?
Old 01-13-2011, 05:37 PM

Default coleman lockdown

coleman PRISON has many lockdowns through the years.there are always fights,stabbings,etc. i was just released from coleman LOW and never witnessed any violence.guys there for the most part are just looking to go home.I hope that makes you feel better.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecollarwife View Post
I'm sorry to hear about this situation. I hope that you will all find out that your family inside is alright.

My husband is scheduled to self-surrender soon, but we aren't sure it's Coleman yet. Does this sort of thing happen often? He will be in low security if anybody knows anything about that?
Coleman Low isn't bad. I had a brother in Coleman 2 and it was awful, my brother has been sent off, because he was part of the problem. Always in trouble and in lockdown. My boyfriend is in Coleman Low and nothing is going on there. Last time there was and incident they had their tv and microwaves taken away. It was because someone pulled the fire alarm.

Last edited by Iwantmybaby; 01-15-2011 at 08:43 AM..
Old 01-16-2011, 09:58 PM

My mom told me about this a couple days ago. She is at the women's camp and it does seem that something is ALWAYS going on at USP 1 & 2. The Low is fairly quiet from what I can tell. I am seriously just ready for her to be home! Just months to go...
Old 01-20-2011, 02:37 PM

Default lockdown in coleman 2

husband got transfered to usp 2 in coleman. he told me that everything is ok. guessing he's just saying that. from what ive been reading. sounds pretty bad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantmybaby View Post
Coleman Low isn't bad. I had a brother in Coleman 2 and it was awful, my brother has been sent off, because he was part of the problem. Always in trouble and in lockdown. My boyfriend is in Coleman Low and nothing is going on there. Last time there was and incident they had their tv and microwaves taken away. It was because someone pulled the fire alarm.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Account Closed

My husband was able to send out his first e-mail from Coleman Pen 2 yesterday morning, so I take this they are off lockdown. No word about Pen 1 -- seems they are still down.

Keep this thread going so all the Coleman family can get word as it comes.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:02 PM

Default lockdown in coleman 2

husband called this am. said maybe monday? lock down will be over. hey i didnt know that thye could email?? nice
Old 01-26-2011, 01:34 PM

well, naah , coleman 1 is off lockdown!!BUT since more then a week, can`t remember the exact day!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:10 PM

Didn't hear from mom all yesterday afternoon and last night. Today I found out they were on lockdown again. Not sure if it was just the camp but something tells me it was due to something at one of the men's facilities.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:16 PM

It was more than likely one of the mens Pens. I was at Coleman since last April and the camp itself NEVER went on lockdown. The phones at the camp do go down sometimes when the Pens are on lockdown but not usually for very long.