Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Banned

Hi sweetcee74, I've looked into this a lot since my BF's looking to move from medium out of state to low in Texas and I've looked at those particular two prisons as well.
Seagoville has a lot of sex offenders, which means it's less violence there than most other lows. They only allow 25 points for visiting though whereas Bastrop gives 32 points, which is up to seven extra hours of visit each month. We all know every minute of visiting counts!!! Both prisons have corrlinks, so your BF will be able to send e-mails! Both prisons are also part of the work program unicor and offer various courses, so there's availability for personal development for your BF! Bastrop's fully airconditioned whereas Seagonville still apparently has some parts that don't have a/c. But I think those two are the best lows in Texas and can't go wrong with either, I mean considering they are prisons.... Good luck! /M
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2011, 01:14 PM
[url=http://www.TickerFac

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it! I think I will suggest he go for Bastrop. He's not in for being a sex offender and mainly wants to be where there are weights so he can more easily pass his time. A/C is another plus, especially in TX lol. More visitation time is definitely a prime consideration as well.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Banned

Yeah that's what my BF and I agreed on too! Bastrop's definitely the best option! Apparently they're freezing transfers though, so guess that just means we have to work harder to make it happen.... /M
Old 12-21-2011, 12:43 PM

Default seagoville low / med

this is so helpful, thankyou! Is your loved one still there, and if so have things changed atall? Do you know what the food is like and if there are many educational courses / a library? I was wondering if there is now a/c in all parts of the low/medium facility? Thankyou so much for any information you can give
Old 01-03-2012, 07:34 PM

I am heading to Seagoville in a couple of weeks. I got 21 months. The Judge and the USPO want me to take the RDAP but I understand that is the BOP's call. I got the call right before Christmas Eve but they could not tell me if I was going to the camp or the low FCI. My conviction is drug conspiracy. First arrest ever. Can anyone tell me what to expect
Old 01-03-2012, 08:10 PM

are there waiting lists for the RDAP and other programs
Old 03-07-2012, 06:38 PM

I read through all of the old posts about Seagoville, but I would love some recent info on it.. My best friend will self surrender there next month and I'm scared. He has 36mos. Do they get time off for good behaviour? Is it still safe? What are current visiting hours and rules? Are the lines still long? How often do they get to call? How long can u visit? Anything u can tell me would be fantastic.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 PM

Seagoville is a cake walk. Your friend should not only be fine but he should be thrilled (respectively) to be there. I spent 4 and a half years there without incident. i am in the best mental, emotional, phyiscal shape of my life. His next few years there should be easy and without inceident. You can sleep all day or all night. You can rest and not be bothered, unless, of course, you choose to bother someone. There is time off for good behaviour. The lines for visitation can be long but can be worth it. Seagoville is what is left of Club Fed. If you have someone doing time there, they are among the lucky. There are days when I honestly wish I was back there. Life is a mess. Life at Seagoville is a controlled, sleep all you want, don't have to worry sort of mess. Anyone sentenced to Seagoville will soon learn what a blessing it is.
Seriously, people email me at (Personal contact information removed per PTO policy. Please contact member via PM.) and i will tell you what you need to know. I assure you if a loved one is at Seagoville, then that man is in a better place than all the rest

Last edited by MiniMoose; 06-17-2012 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: amendmet
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikeymike For This Useful Post:
FLATEX (01-18-2013), kfrantz (07-08-2013), mallafri (06-18-2012), TxYellowRose (04-23-2013)
Old 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike
Seagoville is a cake walk. Your friend should not only be fine but he should be thrilled (respectively) to be there. I spent 4 and a half years there without incident. i am in the best mental, emotional, phyiscal shape of my life. His next few years there should be easy and without inceident. You can sleep all day or all night. You can rest and not be bothered, unless, of course, you choose to bother someone. There is time off for good behaviour. The lines for visitation can be long but can be worth it. Seagoville is what is left of Club Fed. If you have someone doing time there, they are among the lucky. There are days when I honestly wish I was back there. Life is a mess. Life at Seagoville is a controlled, sleep all you want, don't have to worry sort of mess. Anyone sentenced to Seagoville will soon learn what a blessing it is.
Seriously, people email me at (Personal contact information removed per PTO policy. Please contact member via PM.) and i will tell you what you need to know. I assure you if a loved one is at Seagoville, then that man is in a better place than all the rest
Thank you. He seems to be OK. He has made some buddies and is doing OK. I swear some days its worse for me than him..

Last edited by MiniMoose; 06-17-2012 at 11:31 AM..
Old 05-30-2012, 12:14 AM

My fiancé is in seagaville tx it's ok visitation went smooth it was not the best but it was ok. He says they don't get treated bad they get a lot of free time a lot of working out and they can sleep all day if they want so in that side it's good I hope this helps I plan to go visit soon very soon
The Following User Says Thank You to janetflores29 For This Useful Post:
mallafri (06-18-2012)
Old 06-17-2012, 10:24 AM

Default Contact with Seagoville Loved One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy & grace View Post
I've got a friend that was recently sent to Seagoville TX FCI. Does anyone have someone there? ANY INFO would be greatly appreciated. How do we send him $$? He hasn't called & he's been there a week or two now. Can he still call collect? PLEASE update me if possible. This is all totally new to me, & I really need some help. Thanks so much!
I was in Seagoville about 5 years ago. I am suspecting that it has not changed much as it never changed the 3 years that I was there. Seagoville is separated into two sections: the low secured area (known as "behind the fence"), and the pretty much unsecured camp. Which facility is he in? If he is headed to the camp, it is sadly not unusual for him to be placed in the hole until a bed opens up at the camp. The camp only has 160 beds. Even though individuals are slotted and sent to the camp, it doesn't mean there is available space for them. Some unfortunate individuals have to go to the hole for security until a space is open. The hole SUCKS like you don't know, but it is necessary because someone slotted for the camp cannot go behind the fence for safety. Therefore there is no choice but to put them in the hole. He will remain there until someone from the camp leaves, or gets placed in the hole themselves. Making phone calls once you are in the camp can take a week or so. He needs to submit a list to the counselor and wait for a pin number to be assigned to him. After that he can make calls anytime he wants. Meaning the phones are available to use and he can call anytime between 9:00 am and 9:00 pm. If he doesn't have a pay account set up, then yes he can call collect. You can try calling the facility and check on where he is.

Please ask me any questions. I am happy to help. I don't log on often, but I try to log on every could of days. A quicker response would be to use my email account I set up only for prison talk... its Personal contact information removed per PTO policy. Please contact member via PM.

Thanks
A Friend

Last edited by MiniMoose; 06-17-2012 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Removed personal contact information per PTO policy.
The Following User Says Thank You to LostandScared For This Useful Post:
mallafri (06-18-2012)
Old 07-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Lovin Nakia

My husband is currently there, but waiting on designation. I was there visiting him in February, and I will say that I was not happy with the experience. Once arriving at the prison, you will go into the bldg 5 ppl at a time (if there is a line), and as your standing there filling out the paperwork, you are stared at and scrutinize at what you are wearing, the guards will pick apart every article of clothing that you have on. I saw a young child turned away because of her pants, I was turned away because of my top, and this was over the course of a weekend. Once you are cleared thru the metal detector, you will sign the book, grab your ID, get your stamp and wait. Once the guards have enough ppl, they will begin to take you back to the visitation bldg. You will enter one door, and once everyone is inside, they close it behind you and you will verify that you have been approved to visit, by showing your black light stamp, then you will exit that bldg and follow the sidewalk, cross over a street, onto another sidewalk, and to the visitation bldg. There you will stop, and wait for the guard to let you in. Once inside, you will find a place for you to sit with your LO, and as you wait, you can go to the vending machines, bathroom or whatever. The longest I had to wait for him to show up was 15-20 mins. Now, once inside, you will see how, the guards are not consistent with the dress code, or conduct of your visit. I guess if you visit often and get to know the guards, you will have more reign, but because I wasn't going to make it a habit to drive 8 hrs to see him, I wasn't going to buddy up to any of them. On the last day, they told me that I would have to buy some old lady pants if I was to ever come back and visit. I will say that my time with my husband was wonderful, we snuck kisses here and there, we held hands and I even was able to lay my head on his shoulder. I don't have much nice to say about the experience, but it was wonderful to spend time with my MAN!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:38 PM

What would you suggest as far as clothing? He told me no underwire bras.. But pants and tops?? Shoes? I'm going 16hours to visit my boyfriend please help me so I won't be turned away..
Old 07-31-2012, 06:05 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,206 Times in 2,544 Posts

Steviefay,

I suggest conservative. Long pants (no white), shirt with sleeves (no cap sleeves, no sleeveless), closed toed shoes. I always err on the side of caution when I visit my LO at his facility because I never know who is checking us in and some are really really picky.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieFay View Post
What would you suggest as far as clothing? He told me no underwire bras.. But pants and tops?? Shoes? I'm going 16hours to visit my boyfriend please help me so I won't be turned away..
Every time I have been there it has been freezing in the visitation room so I suggest a long sleeved shirt. The only problem I have ever had was with brown capris. They said it was too close to the khaki uniform color. Lucky I had extra clothes in the car. I suggest having a change just in case. I, like you, travel a great distance and don't want to risk being turned away. Just be aware of large metal buttons or snaps that could set off the metal detector. Its really not all that bad. Spending the day with lo is worth the hassle.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:50 PM

Thank you and good call with the change of clothes!! I will bring lots of options!!! Maybe dress casual like my work clothes..
Old 08-19-2012, 07:54 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,206 Times in 2,544 Posts

The post you are referring to is in the Federal Systems News and Events forum and can be found by clicking here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelpaulswif View Post
Someone posted in fed news that this prison had a town hall about the early release bill being passed. I can't find that anywhere on the net. So guys has anyones lo said anything or is this another hoax
Old 10-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Mrs. Hall

My husband is in FCI Seagoville it isnt bad at all except now he is in the SHU for a fight he has been in there since last December summers are miserable there if you are in the SHU it was a simple fight and he should be getting out aug 2013 however they are giving him a whole new case for this and asking for atleast 57 more months We just got to start visitng again but it is not contact for us they have a video visit for people in the SHU it sucks but I will take it being we haven't been able to see each other in almost a year. Please keep us in your prayers for when he goes to sentencing for this new charge I hope a miracle happens.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:55 AM

Exclamation Info

Whats the situation with the A/C do all the building have it now or is it still just a few? Whats the food like? What do you do to pass the time, if anybody has the time to tell me about what its like to be there with recent reliable info please message me, my son is being transferred there. Please!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLATEX View Post
Whats the situation with the A/C do all the building have it now or is it still just a few? Whats the food like? What do you do to pass the time, if anybody has the time to tell me about what its like to be there with recent reliable info please message me, my son is being transferred there. Please!
As for the A/C, half the buildings have them, half do not. But here is the thing, it is preferable to be in the buildings without a/c. The a/c buildings are like full fledged prisons and the a/c can actually be annoying (the feds like to keep it crazy cold). And there are no doors to the rooms, so NO privacy at all.
The buildings without a/c are pretty uncomfortable in July and August but for two months of suffering, its worth it because there are doors to each room. Privacy and the ability to shut out noise is a MAJOR perk! And the rest of the year, the rooms are just fine. I was in building 7, no a/c. And if I had it to do over again, that's how I would do it. Silence is golden. Oh, there is one building that has neither a/c nor doors. Hope against getting assigned there (building 12).
As to things to do, the place is very focused on rehabilitation. Its one of the best places to be. 60 acres of green grass with gazebos and a very nice rec yard. Three libraries with plenty of books and an area vo tech is very involved in teaching college accredited classes (which are free, by the way). There is an arts and craft room and a small band room. Basketball. Volleyball. Tennis. Handball. Bocci, even. If you have to do time, this is the place to do it.
Granted, its still a prison, but, relatively speaking, its a pretty relaxed atmosphere. Not a lot of conflct or violence (of course, there is some, it is a prison, after all) but its pretty easy to keep clear of such things if you want to.
If your son doesnt have a lot of time, it will go by fast. If he does, well, he should be as safe as he wants to be and with a bit of luck some prison reform issues should be coming around before too much longer. We shall see. Let me know if you have any more questions. I have sent you my email address.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeymike For This Useful Post:
FLATEX (01-22-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLATEX View Post
Also, there is a theater there. They show movies on the weekend. Sorta nice
FLATEX (01-22-2013)
Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccinfo View Post
My brother is there since last Tuesday and thank God is doing ok. Food is ok, several units within the facility and his has about 150 inmates, 2 per locked room with a small window and he has a window to view outside, lots play chess during day, there is a small library, outdoor activities a few times per week and he said people were nice.
There are no locks on the rooms
FLATEX (01-22-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 08:49 PM

Is a child age 1 counted as a visitor at Seagoville camp? I have had some people say no and some say yes.
Thanks
Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 PM

yes, the sex offender program is going on at Seagoville. Just thought you would want to know. Thanks
Old 06-10-2013, 02:09 PM

Is there AC in all the seagoville camp buildings? I am self surrendering to oakdale, fdc but hope to transfer there in the future because it is really close to my LO.