Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 1 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 1 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities: Apalachee-E CI, Apalachee-W CI, Bay CF, Blackwater River CF, Calhoun CI, Century CI, Franklin CI, Gadsden CF, Gadsden Re-Entry Center, Graceville CF, Gulf CI, Gulf CI-Annex, Holmes CI Jackson CI Jefferson CI Liberty CI NWFRC NWFRC Annex Okaloosa CI Quincy Annex Santa Rosa CI Santa Rosa Annex Wakulla CI Wakulla CI Annex Walton CI

Old 07-21-2019, 09:38 AM

Exclamation GRACEVILLE C.F. - Beating Inmate 7/14/29 about 7a

Early Sunday morning on July 14, 2019, female guard M, attacked a small elderly mentally ill inmate and attempted to push him down a flight of stairs. Another guard interfered and stopped her from pushing him down the stairs. The victim is someone who does not demonstrate comprehension of his environment or situation, someone who should be under medical care, not in this environment. The victim was dragged to a location with no camera visibility and beaten severely. The gang of guards were seen kicking the victim in the head. There was an obscene amount of blood left at the scene of the assault. Some guards were clearly identified as the Captain of the shift was included. The moderator of the forum removed the previous post that lists their names, please refrain from posting names in this forum. Please contact the Miami Herald if you have details, they are a driving force in reporting prison misconduct.

The GEO group is not reporting these incidents to the Florida Department of Corrections. They hide details to justify the need for private management of prisons, wrongly citing low incidents of violence and assaults as a marker of success.

If you have more details, please post them here (omitting names).
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2019, 09:52 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,632 Times in 16,400 Posts

Please provide a link to your source. Since you do not have enough posts to actually post the link, pm it to me and I'll post it for you.

For someone worried about retaliation, don't you think you're rocking the boat just a tad

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 07-21-2019, 10:36 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Please provide a link to your source. Since you do not have enough posts to actually post the link, pm it to me and I'll post it for you.

For someone worried about retaliation, don't you think you're rocking the boat just a tad
I'm trying to gather more facts for an investigation, I'm not sure how you expect me to provide a link for that. Your response does not seem to be one of someone who is empathetic to the the families of incarcerated persons (your primary client base). Rocking the boat? I'm just sharing facts, if facts are rocking the boat, then maybe something is wrong or someone is behaving badly. I do fear retaliation, and there shouldn't be any if this forum doesn't share my personal information with the aggressors. Is that something I need to worry about?
Old 07-21-2019, 10:47 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,251 Times in 4,675 Posts

There is no one on this site more empathetic to prisoners families than Patchouli who gives up many hours of her time to provide support and information to families.

We are well aware of our client base we are a public site anyone can read our forums ,they are not closed.

If you are sharing "facts", then where have these facts come from? , what is your source? Were you there when these things allegedly happened. Have these things been investigated and proven? If not then you do not have facts you have a version of events, you have allegations, you have opinions, you have hearsay, but you do not have facts.

Members are welcome to post and share experiences but facts need to be proven and and we will not accept allegations posted with names of those allegedly involved.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.

Last edited by maytayah; 07-21-2019 at 10:50 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
patchouli (07-21-2019), sass4221 (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 11:00 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,632 Times in 16,400 Posts

Quote:
I do fear retaliation, and there shouldn't be any if this forum doesn't share my personal information with the aggressors. Is that something I need to worry about?
This site is read by members and "guests." One doesn't need an account to read the forums, just to post. Both members and guests include: CO's, PO's, member of LE, prosecutors, attorneys etc etc When you post, you are sharing with the whole www

We consider not just our members safety, but the safety of inmates, who have no internet access to dispute or verify anything that is posted and get the brunt of any retaliation and/or consequences.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-24-2019), GingerM (07-22-2019), sass4221 (07-21-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 06:47 PM

I am curious to know where the flight of stairs is since this facility appears to be one single level.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnielg For This Useful Post:
GingerM (07-24-2019), maytayah (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 12:06 PM

Thanked 1,046 Times in 467 Posts

I will just add that NOTHING you post on the internet is PRIVATE. IP addresses are easily traceable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trauma4us For This Useful Post:
GingerM (08-01-2019), patchouli (07-30-2019)
Old 09-06-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnielg View Post
I am curious to know where the flight of stairs is since this facility appears to be one single level.
Every dorm is two levels. I don’t know of a county or state facility in Florida that isn’t stacking people for maximum capacity. You don’t seem to be at all familiar with this facility.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Lump View Post
Every dorm is two levels. I dont know of a county or state facility in Florida that isnt stacking people for maximum capacity. You dont seem to be at all familiar with this facility.
I drive by it weekly. After respinding to this post, I made a point of driving on the side, instead of the front only, and I am wrong. The dorms are 2 story.