Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Correctional Center (CCC) - Susanville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Correctional Center (CCC) - Susanville Topics and Information relating to the California Correctional Center located in Susanville, California.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 12:53 PM

Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default CCC 2013-2015 Mail Q&A

Anything regarding mail, mailing address, etc... should go here.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 12:38 AM

Does anyone know if we're allowed to send the two books of stamps in an envelope with other items, such as a letter or a card? I'm not sure if they have to be in a separate package or not. Since I've had bad luck lately, I figured I would ask. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:15 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLioness View Post
Does anyone know if we're allowed to send the two books of stamps in an envelope with other items, such as a letter or a card? I'm not sure if they have to be in a separate package or not. Since I've had bad luck lately, I figured I would ask. Thanks.
Yes you can send stamps in one envelope with a letter or a card. As to a book of stamps Im not sure. The most I sent at a time was 8stamps or less in one letter envelope.And he does receive them all. Just make sure you write his cdc #on it just in case they fall out the envelope.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liladdy143 For This Useful Post:
TheLioness (03-02-2013)
Old 03-02-2013, 11:06 PM

I'm 'replying' cuz I'm new at this and don't know how to 'post'. But ..... My question is, what can we put in 'writing packs'? I just learned we can not send ink pens - so writing pack #1 will be sent back . I read it can't wiegh more than 11oz., but can we send colored pencils?, how many envelopes, stamps, etc.??? Thanks for any help, the first week has been all trial & error.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly's Mom View Post
I'm 'replying' cuz I'm new at this and don't know how to 'post'. But ..... My question is, what can we put in 'writing packs'? I just learned we can not send ink pens - so writing pack #1 will be sent back . I read it can't wiegh more than 11oz., but can we send colored pencils?, how many envelopes, stamps, etc.??? Thanks for any help, the first week has been all trial & error.
I send two sheets of stamps at a time and they always go through. Mail has to be less than 13 oz, so I usually go up to 12.9 oz. No pens, pencils or markers.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:19 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm learning the hard way. I just got one writing pack returned today because I put a pen in it. When I learned I couldn't send pens, I sent another package with pencils. I learned today they aren't allowed either ! So writing pack #2 will be sent back too. Maybe the 3rd time will be a charm??
Old 03-26-2013, 04:39 AM
jaysgirl2469

Default Mail from County Jail to Prison at CCC, Susanville???

I may have to do little time in Lynwood (Los Angeles, County Jail for Women) because of a probation violation. Can I mail my husband mail from LA county jail to CCC, Susanville prison and can my husband mail letters to me in County? I thought that was not permitted, but i need to know for sure, can someone help please?
Old 03-26-2013, 04:54 AM
jaysgirl2469

Default Mail from LA County to CCC prison and vice-versa?

I may need to do about 3 months in LA county womens jail (Lynwood) time on a probation violation, My husband is in CCC, Susanville prison for about another 2 years I need to know if someone knows if me and my husband mail each other if I am in a LA County jail and he is in a California State Prison???
I remember hearing that mailing from jail to prison was not permitted? Is this true? If so does anyone know the CDCR regulation that says this?
Thanks! ~ Jason Myszkowski's Girl!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgirl2469 View Post
I may need to do about 3 months in LA county womens jail (Lynwood) time on a probation violation, My husband is in CCC, Susanville prison for about another 2 years I need to know if someone knows if me and my husband mail each other if I am in a LA County jail and he is in a California State Prison???
I remember hearing that mailing from jail to prison was not permitted? Is this true? If so does anyone know the CDCR regulation that says this?
Thanks! ~ Jason Myszkowski's Girl!!!
I'm almost positive that 'inmates' cannot receive mail from other 'inmates'.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgirl2469
I may have to do little time in Lynwood (Los Angeles, County Jail for Women) because of a probation violation. Can I mail my husband mail from LA county jail to CCC, Susanville prison and can my husband mail letters to me in County? I thought that was not permitted, but i need to know for sure, can someone help please?
As far as your husband he would need approval by the warden. I don't know the rules of you receiving them at the county jail
Old 08-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Mrs.MightyMikeRichardson

Question Ca prisons - writing packages

I am sending several writing packages out for my husband in PVSP - Pleasant Valley , my brother in law in CCI - Tehachapi and a friend in CCC-Susanville. I know you can send them greeting cards for them to send out to people... Does anyone know what the limit is on how many they can receive? Does it vary in different CA prisons or are they all under the same general guidelines? Also, besides 50 sheets of paper, 2 books of stamps, 20 envelopes, a few pictures and however many greeting cards are allowed, what else can I send in the package? Or is that all they can receive? Please help me!
Old 08-08-2013, 01:22 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,223 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGHTYRichrdson View Post
I am sending several writing packages out for my husband in PVSP - Pleasant Valley , my brother in law in CCI - Tehachapi and a friend in CCC-Susanville. I know you can send them greeting cards for them to send out to people... Does anyone know what the limit is on how many they can receive? Does it vary in different CA prisons or are they all under the same general guidelines? Also, besides 50 sheets of paper, 2 books of stamps, 20 envelopes, a few pictures and however many greeting cards are allowed, what else can I send in the package? Or is that all they can receive? Please help me!
No limit, as to how many writing packages you send out. You can send 10 blank greeting cards as well as 10, pics per envelope. Along with what you stated above that's all they are allowed. They are also allowed a care package every quarter from an approved vendor.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:35 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,414 Times in 13,079 Posts

Wanted to add........I'd double check on the blank greeting cards. When my hub first got to his prison (not this one, and he's now out ) they couldnt receive blank greeting cards. They may have changed this *rule* since then
We got around it by writing lightly in pencil a name.
So the card was not blank. ( trick I learned from another pto member)

Things are not uniform within cdcr. Some have different guidelines etc. (even tho it seems they should be I guess there are regional differences or something)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 10-02-2013, 03:57 PM

Hi All! I'm wondering as far as envelopes and stamps go are we allowed to send stamped envelopes? I bought 10 from USPS but unfortunately the lady stamped the back of them so when he tried to send them they were returned to him, once i found that out I went and bought 20 envelopes and a thing of stamps and I stamped all the envelopes myself and then sent them, will that be returned to me or will he receive it? 3 weeks without hearing from him and i'm really beginning to get frustrated.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:41 PM

Does anyone know about how long it takes for an inmate to receive a letter?
I sent one two weeks ago finally talked to my hubby yesterday but he has yet to receive my letter.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:40 PM

It normally takes about a week and depends on who is passing out the mail
Old 07-28-2014, 07:47 PM

Hi Im new here, I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about sending a magazine subscription to someone in MI correctional facility
thanks
dawn
Old 07-30-2014, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexychica2 View Post
Does anyone know about how long it takes for an inmate to receive a letter?
I sent one two weeks ago finally talked to my hubby yesterday but he has yet to receive my letter.
As it turns out I switched two numbers in the zip code the letter might be in L.A
who knows!
Old 08-13-2014, 04:34 PM

My son arrived in Susanville last Tuesday. He wrote me a letter saying that they took all of their property and could not have it back until after they see committee. So his letter was sent in an envelope that said
"indigent mail". Does anyone know how many of these envelopes they will give them per month? I know that it's supposed to take 2-3 to go the the committee but it took his friend a month. So I am not expecting him to get his property, which includes his mailing supplies for a good month. I was hoping to hear from him again. Thank you in advance.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:18 AM
Hopelessly Devoted
Donation Award 

tinasfive - I don't have answers to your questions, but it might be helpful if you just go ahead and send him a supply of paper, stamps and envelopes. There is a post about exactly what is allowed in another section of this forum. Hope that helps!
Old 08-15-2014, 11:23 AM

Default forgot to add inmate # to letter

I jus put a letter in the mail to my lover and accidentally forgot to put his inmate id # on the envelope.is it possible he will still receive his mail at the ky reorder correctional complex? I really miss him and was so excited to send him a letter that i made a stupid mistake. Pray they still give it to him
Old 11-14-2014, 12:09 PM
CountryGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasfive View Post
My son arrived in Susanville last Tuesday. He wrote me a letter saying that they took all of their property and could not have it back until after they see committee. So his letter was sent in an envelope that said
"indigent mail". Does anyone know how many of these envelopes they will give them per month? I know that it's supposed to take 2-3 to go the the committee but it took his friend a month. So I am not expecting him to get his property, which includes his mailing supplies for a good month. I was hoping to hear from him again. Thank you in advance.
I believe they are given 5 per month
Old 11-14-2014, 12:13 PM
CountryGurl

My fiancé is in Susanville and we write each other daily, taking 2-3 days to receive each other's letters. The last letter I received from him was 10+ days ago and it was postmarked twice with the 2nd mark being ATLANTA! Prior to being in Susanville, we have had "issues" with our mail - but none since here.

I've not ever gone this long (except while he was in dreaded reception) without any mail from him. I know he has plenty of envelopes and stamps. He's in Facility A which is not on lockdown. I'm beginning to get worried.

Is there someone I can contact to make sure he is okay - without causing a problem for him?

Thanks for any information.
Closed Thread