Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Correctional Center (CCC) - Susanville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Correctional Center (CCC) - Susanville Topics and Information relating to the California Correctional Center located in Susanville, California.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-14-2012, 12:53 PM
traviesita's Avatar
traviesita traviesita is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Califas...
Posts: 3,284
Thanks: 3,122
Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default CCC 2013-2015 Mail Q&A

Anything regarding mail, mailing address, etc... should go here.
__________________
Site Moderator:
Cali What you Need to Know ~
Arizona ~ Arkansas~ KVSP ~ Loving a Lifer
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-27-2013, 12:38 AM
TheLioness TheLioness is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California USA
Posts: 54
Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Does anyone know if we're allowed to send the two books of stamps in an envelope with other items, such as a letter or a card? I'm not sure if they have to be in a separate package or not. Since I've had bad luck lately, I figured I would ask. Thanks.
  #3  
Old 02-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Liladdy143 Liladdy143 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 10
Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLioness View Post
Does anyone know if we're allowed to send the two books of stamps in an envelope with other items, such as a letter or a card? I'm not sure if they have to be in a separate package or not. Since I've had bad luck lately, I figured I would ask. Thanks.
Yes you can send stamps in one envelope with a letter or a card. As to a book of stamps Im not sure. The most I sent at a time was 8stamps or less in one letter envelope.And he does receive them all. Just make sure you write his cdc #on it just in case they fall out the envelope.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liladdy143 For This Useful Post:
TheLioness (03-02-2013)
  #4  
Old 03-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Molly's Mom Molly's Mom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm 'replying' cuz I'm new at this and don't know how to 'post'. But ..... My question is, what can we put in 'writing packs'? I just learned we can not send ink pens - so writing pack #1 will be sent back . I read it can't wiegh more than 11oz., but can we send colored pencils?, how many envelopes, stamps, etc.??? Thanks for any help, the first week has been all trial & error.
  #5  
Old 03-03-2013, 12:01 AM
TheLioness TheLioness is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California USA
Posts: 54
Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly's Mom View Post
I'm 'replying' cuz I'm new at this and don't know how to 'post'. But ..... My question is, what can we put in 'writing packs'? I just learned we can not send ink pens - so writing pack #1 will be sent back . I read it can't wiegh more than 11oz., but can we send colored pencils?, how many envelopes, stamps, etc.??? Thanks for any help, the first week has been all trial & error.
I send two sheets of stamps at a time and they always go through. Mail has to be less than 13 oz, so I usually go up to 12.9 oz. No pens, pencils or markers.
  #6  
Old 03-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Molly's Mom Molly's Mom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the info. I'm learning the hard way. I just got one writing pack returned today because I put a pen in it. When I learned I couldn't send pens, I sent another package with pencils. I learned today they aren't allowed either ! So writing pack #2 will be sent back too. Maybe the 3rd time will be a charm??
  #7  
Old 03-26-2013, 04:39 AM
jaysgirl2469's Avatar
jaysgirl2469 jaysgirl2469 is offline
jaysgirl2469
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Mail from County Jail to Prison at CCC, Susanville???

I may have to do little time in Lynwood (Los Angeles, County Jail for Women) because of a probation violation. Can I mail my husband mail from LA county jail to CCC, Susanville prison and can my husband mail letters to me in County? I thought that was not permitted, but i need to know for sure, can someone help please?
  #8  
Old 03-26-2013, 04:54 AM
jaysgirl2469's Avatar
jaysgirl2469 jaysgirl2469 is offline
jaysgirl2469
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Mail from LA County to CCC prison and vice-versa?

I may need to do about 3 months in LA county womens jail (Lynwood) time on a probation violation, My husband is in CCC, Susanville prison for about another 2 years I need to know if someone knows if me and my husband mail each other if I am in a LA County jail and he is in a California State Prison???
I remember hearing that mailing from jail to prison was not permitted? Is this true? If so does anyone know the CDCR regulation that says this?
Thanks! ~ Jason Myszkowski's Girl!!!
  #9  
Old 03-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Molly's Mom Molly's Mom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgirl2469 View Post
I may need to do about 3 months in LA county womens jail (Lynwood) time on a probation violation, My husband is in CCC, Susanville prison for about another 2 years I need to know if someone knows if me and my husband mail each other if I am in a LA County jail and he is in a California State Prison???
I remember hearing that mailing from jail to prison was not permitted? Is this true? If so does anyone know the CDCR regulation that says this?
Thanks! ~ Jason Myszkowski's Girl!!!
I'm almost positive that 'inmates' cannot receive mail from other 'inmates'.
  #10  
Old 03-30-2013, 05:02 PM
Luvnshy Luvnshy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cali
Posts: 146
Thanks: 2
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgirl2469
I may have to do little time in Lynwood (Los Angeles, County Jail for Women) because of a probation violation. Can I mail my husband mail from LA county jail to CCC, Susanville prison and can my husband mail letters to me in County? I thought that was not permitted, but i need to know for sure, can someone help please?
As far as your husband he would need approval by the warden. I don't know the rules of you receiving them at the county jail
  #11  
Old 08-07-2013, 11:19 PM
MIGHTYRichrdson MIGHTYRichrdson is offline
Mrs.MightyMikeRichardson
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Ca prisons - writing packages

I am sending several writing packages out for my husband in PVSP - Pleasant Valley , my brother in law in CCI - Tehachapi and a friend in CCC-Susanville. I know you can send them greeting cards for them to send out to people... Does anyone know what the limit is on how many they can receive? Does it vary in different CA prisons or are they all under the same general guidelines? Also, besides 50 sheets of paper, 2 books of stamps, 20 envelopes, a few pictures and however many greeting cards are allowed, what else can I send in the package? Or is that all they can receive? Please help me!
  #12  
Old 08-08-2013, 01:22 AM
Nica's Avatar
Nica Nica is offline
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: His❤️
Posts: 2,188
Thanks: 25
Thanked 1,223 Times in 760 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGHTYRichrdson View Post
I am sending several writing packages out for my husband in PVSP - Pleasant Valley , my brother in law in CCI - Tehachapi and a friend in CCC-Susanville. I know you can send them greeting cards for them to send out to people... Does anyone know what the limit is on how many they can receive? Does it vary in different CA prisons or are they all under the same general guidelines? Also, besides 50 sheets of paper, 2 books of stamps, 20 envelopes, a few pictures and however many greeting cards are allowed, what else can I send in the package? Or is that all they can receive? Please help me!
No limit, as to how many writing packages you send out. You can send 10 blank greeting cards as well as 10, pics per envelope. Along with what you stated above that's all they are allowed. They are also allowed a care package every quarter from an approved vendor.
__________________
WE never stop Believin' as long as we have God, Hope, Faith, & each other...
  #13  
Old 08-24-2013, 11:35 AM
sidewalker sidewalker is offline
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ca usa
Posts: 28,837
Thanks: 49,696
Thanked 25,414 Times in 13,079 Posts
Default

Wanted to add........I'd double check on the blank greeting cards. When my hub first got to his prison (not this one, and he's now out ) they couldnt receive blank greeting cards. They may have changed this *rule* since then
We got around it by writing lightly in pencil a name.
So the card was not blank. ( trick I learned from another pto member)

Things are not uniform within cdcr. Some have different guidelines etc. (even tho it seems they should be I guess there are regional differences or something)
__________________
My windows aren't dirty

That's my dog's nose art

  #14  
Old 10-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Since120208 Since120208 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: California, USA
Posts: 31
Thanks: 66
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Hi All! I'm wondering as far as envelopes and stamps go are we allowed to send stamped envelopes? I bought 10 from USPS but unfortunately the lady stamped the back of them so when he tried to send them they were returned to him, once i found that out I went and bought 20 envelopes and a thing of stamps and I stamped all the envelopes myself and then sent them, will that be returned to me or will he receive it? 3 weeks without hearing from him and i'm really beginning to get frustrated.
  #15  
Old 07-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Sexychica2 Sexychica2 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 18
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

Does anyone know about how long it takes for an inmate to receive a letter?
I sent one two weeks ago finally talked to my hubby yesterday but he has yet to receive my letter.
  #16  
Old 07-26-2014, 11:40 PM
muff mommy muff mommy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ca
Posts: 17
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

It normally takes about a week and depends on who is passing out the mail
  #17  
Old 07-28-2014, 07:47 PM
dawnenglish dawnenglish is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: blue jay ca
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi Im new here, I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about sending a magazine subscription to someone in MI correctional facility
thanks
dawn
  #18  
Old 07-30-2014, 11:51 PM
Sexychica2 Sexychica2 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 18
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexychica2 View Post
Does anyone know about how long it takes for an inmate to receive a letter?
I sent one two weeks ago finally talked to my hubby yesterday but he has yet to receive my letter.
As it turns out I switched two numbers in the zip code the letter might be in L.A
who knows!
  #19  
Old 08-13-2014, 04:34 PM
tinasfive tinasfive is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Torrance, CA USA
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

My son arrived in Susanville last Tuesday. He wrote me a letter saying that they took all of their property and could not have it back until after they see committee. So his letter was sent in an envelope that said
"indigent mail". Does anyone know how many of these envelopes they will give them per month? I know that it's supposed to take 2-3 to go the the committee but it took his friend a month. So I am not expecting him to get his property, which includes his mailing supplies for a good month. I was hoping to hear from him again. Thank you in advance.
  #20  
Old 08-14-2014, 12:18 AM
nicross's Avatar
nicross nicross is offline
Hopelessly Devoted
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: sacramento, ca
Posts: 127
Thanks: 24
Thanked 55 Times in 31 Posts
Default

tinasfive - I don't have answers to your questions, but it might be helpful if you just go ahead and send him a supply of paper, stamps and envelopes. There is a post about exactly what is allowed in another section of this forum. Hope that helps!
__________________
  #21  
Old 08-15-2014, 11:23 AM
lilmspit's Avatar
lilmspit lilmspit is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: fl usa
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default forgot to add inmate # to letter

I jus put a letter in the mail to my lover and accidentally forgot to put his inmate id # on the envelope.is it possible he will still receive his mail at the ky reorder correctional complex? I really miss him and was so excited to send him a letter that i made a stupid mistake. Pray they still give it to him
  #22  
Old 11-14-2014, 12:09 PM
CountryGurl CountryGurl is offline
CountryGurl
 

Join Date: May 2014
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 52
Thanks: 73
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasfive View Post
My son arrived in Susanville last Tuesday. He wrote me a letter saying that they took all of their property and could not have it back until after they see committee. So his letter was sent in an envelope that said
"indigent mail". Does anyone know how many of these envelopes they will give them per month? I know that it's supposed to take 2-3 to go the the committee but it took his friend a month. So I am not expecting him to get his property, which includes his mailing supplies for a good month. I was hoping to hear from him again. Thank you in advance.
I believe they are given 5 per month
  #23  
Old 11-14-2014, 12:13 PM
CountryGurl CountryGurl is offline
CountryGurl
 

Join Date: May 2014
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 52
Thanks: 73
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default

My fiancé is in Susanville and we write each other daily, taking 2-3 days to receive each other's letters. The last letter I received from him was 10+ days ago and it was postmarked twice with the 2nd mark being ATLANTA! Prior to being in Susanville, we have had "issues" with our mail - but none since here.

I've not ever gone this long (except while he was in dreaded reception) without any mail from him. I know he has plenty of envelopes and stamps. He's in Facility A which is not on lockdown. I'm beginning to get worried.

Is there someone I can contact to make sure he is okay - without causing a problem for him?

Thanks for any information.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WSP Release Procedure Q & A traviesita Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California 22 11-06-2017 10:40 PM
CEN Marriage/Wedding Q&A pj663 Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California 5 03-28-2017 05:23 PM
CEN Food Sale Q&A pj663 Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California 18 05-05-2014 06:31 PM
CEN Release Procedure Q&A pj663 Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California 9 08-21-2013 07:57 PM
2013-2015 SQ Food Sale Q & A traviesita San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California 5 04-10-2013 11:11 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:18 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics