Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Correctional Center (CCC) - Susanville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Correctional Center (CCC) - Susanville Topics and Information relating to the California Correctional Center located in Susanville, California.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:42 AM
*Missing Him*

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemyloveKM View Post
Are there any transportation services that go from the Los Angeles area to Susanville ? I'm trying to go ASAP I need help everything that I am seeing is from years ago and the places are closed
I would see what you could find from LA to Reno and then Reno to Susanville. Try amtrack, greyhound, etc. it would take some research.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:43 PM
*Missing Him*

Thumbs up Motel near CCC

I just had my first visit at CCC - I am staying in a nice, clean, affordable little motel and I highly recommend it if you don't care to have a big tv or big room...it's not the Hilton. It's a small mom & pop motel owned by a VERY sweet couple They are so friendly! I came up here by myself and got here at 11:00 pm last night. Friday and Saturday nights are only 49.50 per night (that's including tax). It's very basic but it's clean and beats other prices around here by 50%. Check out time is 11:00 am. I mentioned it to other people I met while going through visitor processing and they are here tonight! They also gave me coupons for restaurants in the area - like half off my meal, a free pint of beer of my choice , etc. And you get to pick 2 goodies out of a little basket (popcorn, chips, granola bars, etc). Perfect for me They don't have their own website but I did find this website

lassengunsmithing.com/html/apple.htm

Hope this helps someone!
CountryGurl (08-09-2014), daisybaby (01-20-2014), muff mommy (07-27-2014), RedWoman76 (03-10-2016), SinCityKitty (01-15-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 10:05 AM

Mrs.dooley can u give the name of the motel and can u explain more on visiting at ccc,I am getting ready to make my first visit in two weeks and I am coming by myself also what time u can get on the grounds how long is visiting how much cash/ coins u can bring and did u visit both days Saturday and Sunday!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Edwa View Post
Mrs.dooley can u give the name of the motel and can u explain more on visiting at ccc,I am getting ready to make my first visit in two weeks and I am coming by myself also what time u can get on the grounds how long is visiting how much cash/ coins u can bring and did u visit both days Saturday and Sunday!
Hi kim my names beija I just recently made my first visit up to ccc last month. The visiting process went by really fast got in n less than 20 min and i went both saturday and sunday. you are allowed to take 50 each day in dollar bills or coins. I also plan on carpooling up there in two weeks. I hope I answered all your questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to beija_joe For This Useful Post:
daisybaby (03-18-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 10:51 AM
*Missing Him*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Edwards View Post
Hi Kim, I hope your visit went great! I apologize I didn't see your post sooner, but your questions were answered So did you stay the night up there? The place I posted about is The Apple Inn. It's right passed the Shell on the left, across from the Best Western on Main St. I have been at CCC every weekend since the 2nd week in January so we most likely crossed paths! Was the process smooth for you and CO's nice? The first couple times I was in tears, just stressed out, but I'm a baby lol! I think everyone is pretty nice now that I'm comfortable. All the CO's in the processing center are really nice even though a couple are intimidating.

Well, I'm sorry I didn't get back to you prior but if you ever have any other questions you can message me so I get a notification! I like to help and give any info I can cause I wish someone had told me!

Have a great day
Old 06-01-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beija_joe

Hi kim my names beija I just recently made my first visit up to ccc last month. The visiting process went by really fast got in n less than 20 min and i went both saturday and sunday. you are allowed to take 50 each day in dollar bills or coins. I also plan on carpooling up there in two weeks. I hope I answered all your questions.
Hi sorry for being nosey my name is Crystal and I was scimming thru all the post and seen that u carpool every weekend where from? Reason for me asking is because my husband has been in prison at susanville since may of last year and I still havent seen him im so sad because hes not getting out until 2017 and am trying to find soneone I can carpool with from the san bernardino area I will of course pitch in for gas money and anything else that is needed so I can have the privillage and opportunity of going to visit my husband
Old 07-23-2014, 06:23 PM

Default ride

My husband has recently been moved to Susanville state prison
I haven't saw him in a year was hoping for someone who has a car
I'm willing to split gas/room cost if someone is near San Francisco or willing to meet at Hayward or Pittsburgh Bart station or anyway else the Bart goes.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj663 View Post
Ladies,

I used National rent car and they were fairly reasonable( $62.00) for the whole weekend. I rented a economy car and I was able to drive from reno to susanville roundtrip, drove to the prison both sat and sun plus in the city without filling the tank up once!! You can use a credit debit card as long as you have the amount of the car rental available on the debit card.
So do it have to be a credit card or u can use a bank card
Old 07-26-2014, 02:45 AM
missing him

Unhappy transportation from east l.a.to susanville

Prices and locations
Old 07-27-2014, 01:33 PM

When i went to visit my husband i stayed at the apple inn. The guy at the front desk was very nice and polite and gave us discount cards for dinner at a restaurant.. We also stayed there for 65$ a night for two beds o and the rooms were very clean. Ill be staying there next time i go back
Old 07-27-2014, 01:37 PM

Default going to ccc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.lilone4ever View Post
Hi sorry for being nosey my name is Crystal and I was scimming thru all the post and seen that u carpool every weekend where from? Reason for me asking is because my husband has been in prison at susanville since may of last year and I still havent seen him im so sad because hes not getting out until 2017 and am trying to find soneone I can carpool with from the san bernardino area I will of course pitch in for gas money and anything else that is needed so I can have the privillage and opportunity of going to visit my husband
Hey how are u i live in L.A. and was planning in going to visit in three weeks so i you wanna go just pm me and ill see if i could meet you or either go and pick u up
Old 07-27-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diazrosie View Post
Prices and locations
What part of the ie are u from?
Old 07-28-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Edwards View Post
Its called apple inn and yes u can take money bith days but it cant be no more than 50
Old 07-28-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diazrosie View Post
Prices and locations
If u want i will be going to ccc in august if u wanna carpool
Old 07-29-2014, 12:58 PM

Do anybody know if the rental car places require a credit card or are u able to use a debit card as well
Old 08-06-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.lilone4ever View Post
My man is in susanville I would be interested in sharing carpool or room . My name is yallett

Quote:
Originally Posted by muff mommy View Post
If u want i will be going to ccc in august if u wanna carpool
I also want to go this month for a visit I am willing to car pool

Last edited by patchouli; 08-06-2014 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: merged 2 consecutive posts
Old 10-13-2014, 10:50 AM
CountryGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by yallett View Post
My man is in susanville I would be interested in sharing carpool or room . My name is yallett

I also want to go this month for a visit I am willing to car pool
I'm headed to Susanville either this coming weekend or next. If you're interested in sharing carpool and/or room, please let me know. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2014, 09:45 AM

I am planning a trip from Colorado to High Desert Prison in Susanville. I want to fly into Reno but need to find the best way to get from the airport to a motel and then how to get from the motel to the prison. Are there shuttles or buses or do I have to rent a car??? Thanks.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:18 PM
Melbeesh76

There is a shuttle bus that will take you to Susanville from Reno.. It cost $22 but I believe it only runs on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. It called Sage Stage. The number is (530) 233-6410. You can probably call them to get more info. As for getting to the actual prison, your best bet is to probably rent a Car.
Hopefully this info helps you a little.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:49 PM

Hello everyone, Im hearing my husband is getting transferred to Susanville and I only know a lil bout a lil. Would someone fell me in all this? Times of visiting? Do they term early? Clothes? Also I wouldn't mind carpooling with someone if possible, I just want to be able to see my husband. Im in the Lancaster/Palmdale area.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwtCaliGal View Post
Hello everyone, Im hearing my husband is getting transferred to Susanville and I only know a lil bout a lil. Would someone fell me in all this? Times of visiting? Do they term early? Clothes? Also I wouldn't mind carpooling with someone if possible, I just want to be able to see my husband. Im in the Lancaster/Palmdale area.
Hi I don't know if anyone has responded to Your questions. but I'll try.. there is a "sticky" on this same forum that gives You a copy of the visitor's handbook. that can answer alot of Your questions about clothing.., ect. I'm going for my 1st visit next weekend.Wish me luck.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:45 PM

I'm new to this...my fiance has been in susanville for a few months and I'd like to visit sometime next month...I'm hoping that there is someone near fresno, ca that wouldn't mind me tagging along...I'll pitch in for gas and a room if your staying the weekend...please help...thanks in advance
Old 10-27-2015, 11:22 PM

Default Carpooling in Dec

Iam new to this and My special someone is at the CCC and I haven't seen him in almost 4 years. Iam looking to go up there and spend Christmas with him and that whole weekend. Iam looking for the best way to get up to him. Does anyone know of taxis, shuttles, etc that will take you there to the prison?? Anything helps
Old 03-10-2016, 01:42 AM

Does anyone fly out to HDSP from the inland empire area or Lax?