Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Correctional Center (CCC) - Susanville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Correctional Center (CCC) - Susanville Topics and Information relating to the California Correctional Center located in Susanville, California.

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 11:22 AM

Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default 2012 CCC Susanville Release/Dressouts/Parole/ Q&A

Please Use this Thread to ask and answear any release information for your inmate

Linkto2011
The Following User Says Thank You to traviesita For This Useful Post:
inked.girli (11-07-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2012, 02:19 AM

Exclamation My LO is being released in 2 days need safest wasy to get him.

I am picking up my loved one from fire camp in susanville on saturday the 25th . I am coming from OC. I have so many questions and conserns. I am seriously thinking of flying to Reno but I cannot rent a car due to my license being suspended. Is there transportation from Reno to Susanville? Would I be able to pick him up in a taxi? Will i have to check in at the gate with a valid drivers license and proof of insurance? If I drive, what is the safest way to go? Is there alot of mountain road driving with snow right now? will i need chains? I also dont mind taking the train but then again the transportation to the hoterl in susanville and then the taxi to the prison. I am concerned about my safety. I know there are alot of questions but I have been extremely stressed out over this due to a tight budget and the suspension of my license. This was a mix up and it has not been released yet. So if anyone out there can really help me answer these questions for peace of mind I would really appreciate it. We have waited so long for this day and we both have our fantasy in our head on the moment he steps off of that van. i really dont want to disappoint him and have him take a train and I pick him up in Bakersfield. I wont see him until 7:00 at night and that is not how we planned it. Im sure you ladies know what I am talking about and can relate being on this end.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn2bglennswife View Post
I am picking up my loved one from fire camp in susanville on saturday the 25th . I am coming from OC. I have so many questions and conserns. I am seriously thinking of flying to Reno but I cannot rent a car due to my license being suspended. Is there transportation from Reno to Susanville? Would I be able to pick him up in a taxi? Will i have to check in at the gate with a valid drivers license and proof of insurance? If I drive, what is the safest way to go? Is there alot of mountain road driving with snow right now? will i need chains? I also dont mind taking the train but then again the transportation to the hoterl in susanville and then the taxi to the prison. I am concerned about my safety. I know there are alot of questions but I have been extremely stressed out over this due to a tight budget and the suspension of my license. This was a mix up and it has not been released yet. So if anyone out there can really help me answer these questions for peace of mind I would really appreciate it. We have waited so long for this day and we both have our fantasy in our head on the moment he steps off of that van. i really dont want to disappoint him and have him take a train and I pick him up in Bakersfield. I wont see him until 7:00 at night and that is not how we planned it. Im sure you ladies know what I am talking about and can relate being on this end.

I am not sure about transportation from Reno to Susanville or if you are able to pick them up in a taxi. But I do know a route you can take if you do drive. You can take the 5 to the 80 to the 395 and that will take you straight there. Hope this helps, and just keep an eye out on road conditions. And congrats on your love coming home.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:46 PM

Default question

My sweetie is getting released sunday 3/18. he said there will be a bus that takes him to sacramento greyhound. Iam not sure of the time to be there to pick him up. Will He be able to call me on the way? does anyone know how this bus situation work? its my first time.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:11 PM
He's Home!

Thanked 1,555 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn2bglennswife View Post
First off Congrats on your hunny being released!!! I'm sorry to hear about your DL issue; that sucks & it couldn't have happened at a better time .. BOOO.... I would suggest you fly or take the bus up to Sacramento (I don't think you wanna risk driving out there) & wait for him at the bus stop there (He'll have to pay $80; with his gate money for the bus ride to SAC.); then you 2 can either ride the train or bus home together. He should arrive at the bus station by 1pm. This is probably the most cost effective way since you can't rent a car. If you decide to fly into Reno & then take a taxi to Susie then you don't need to check in at the gate when you pick him up. Just wait by the fence next to the visiting shack & at 8am you will see your hunny getting off the van (make sure he can see you )

Good luck!!

"We are the perfect couple, we're just not in the perfect situation." ~ Unknown

Last edited by HisSunshine0071; 03-15-2012 at 01:16 PM..
Old 03-15-2012, 01:15 PM
He's Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyButterfly View Post
My sweetie is getting released sunday 3/18. he said there will be a bus that takes him to sacramento greyhound. Iam not sure of the time to be there to pick him up. Will He be able to call me on the way? does anyone know how this bus situation work? its my first time.
Congrats on your hunny being released!
Check out this LINK with more info on the transportation to Sacramento; the shuttle should arrive at the bus station by 1pm. He probably won't be able to call you on the way.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyButterfly View Post
hello Congratulations!!!! :-)

Yes the bus will arrive between 12:15- 1:00 pm I just picked my honey up in January... Also he will not be dropped off at the downtown greyhound location its the other station @ 420 Richards Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95811

OMG how exciting!!!!:-) again Congrats and good luck!

Last edited by passionfruit; 03-16-2012 at 11:07 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to passionfruit For This Useful Post:
HisSunshine0071 (03-16-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 04:24 PM

My son is getting released on 6/2/12; I was planning on picking him up in Sacramento but I called CCC and they said he's going to Reno bus station? I’m so confused now... Has anyone picked up a love one from Reno recently? If so what time do they arrive there?
Old 05-14-2012, 04:37 PM

hello I've never heard of them being dropped off in reno nor that was an option. i would call back, doesn't sound right
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passionfruit For This Useful Post:
bbgrl (05-14-2012), HisSunshine0071 (05-14-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 04:49 PM

Thank you passionfruit!
I just called back and talked to office Williams from R&R he said due to all the State cut backs they’re now taking them to Reno instead of Sacramento, it cheaper for them. I’ll call again tomorrow; hopefully a different person will answer my call andconfirm all this.
The Following User Says Thank You to bbgrl For This Useful Post:
HisSunshine0071 (05-14-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 11:00 PM

you're welcome. wow for real? yes there are alot of cutbacks but, i dont understand being they take transportation funds out their gate money. strange.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:49 PM

Default Guidelines to sending dressouts?

Hello all, in regards to how to send dressouts do we just use the regular mail? how do we label the package clearly as dressouts? and what adress do we send them to? My Brother is being realesed in September but i believe he has an immigration hold so more than likely he will be deported, I spoke to an officer from R&R and said we could just send his dressouts to Susanville and they would go with him wherever he goes after being released. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thank you so much in advance for everything and i cant begin to tell you haw helpful this website has been.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:18 PM
He's Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel80 View Post
Hello all, in regards to how to send dressouts do we just use the regular mail? how do we label the package clearly as dressouts? and what adress do we send them to? My Brother is being realesed in September but i believe he has an immigration hold so more than likely he will be deported, I spoke to an officer from R&R and said we could just send his dressouts to Susanville and they would go with him wherever he goes after being released. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thank you so much in advance for everything and i cant begin to tell you haw helpful this website has been.
Congrats on the upcoming release .
You can send the dressouts to him via regular mail & be sure to address the box to him & write 'Parole Dressouts' on the sides & on top of the box with black marker. It will be sent to R&R directly n ur brother will get a slip when it arrives. Be sure to send it no more than 30 days before his 'release date'.

Last edited by HisSunshine0071; 07-30-2012 at 02:22 PM..
Old 07-30-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisSunshine0071 View Post
Congrats on the upcoming release .
You can send the dressouts to him via regular mail & be sure to address the box to him & write 'Parole Dressouts' on the sides & on top of the box with black marker. It will be sent to R&R directly n ur brother will get a slip when it arrives. Be sure to send it no more than 30 days before his 'release date'.
Thank you for taking some time to answer my question and best of wishes to you.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 PM

Question omg where do i go to get him susanville or sac. ???

Inmates released from susanville go to the greyhound in Sacramento.
there is no gate pick up at susanville. he will be coming to orange county from either sacramento or susanville. Is this correct. I am picking him up tomorrow want to go the right place any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old 12-31-2012, 10:00 PM

When my hubby got out last year he was taken to the greyhound in sac not the downtown location...there's another one...he arrived around 11:30 am...hope this help..congratulations ...:-)
sharonneedles (01-01-2013)
Old 12-31-2012, 10:03 PM

Here's the address ... 420 Richard blvd, Sacramento...
Or try calling the prison to be sure..but I think this is the one..good luck
sharonneedles (01-01-2013)
Closed Thread