Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:20 AM

Default Parole.....The waiting game

My husband is on his second time up. Last time he got a 3 year set off back in 2/2016 there was no lawyer at that time. This time we hired a lawyer. I went last Thursday 2/7 along with the lawyer for an in person hearing. We are out of Angleton and our lead voter is Evans. Now I’m sitting here a nervous mess waiting on the answer. Also I’m curious how long did it take to get your LO answer after you meet/spoke with the lead voter?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2019, 11:09 AM

If he is having as full board count, then it will take a little longer. How long did the vote take last time? I've heard that Mr. Evans is fair, so that's a big plus! Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to dtmom2013 For This Useful Post:
TheMrs16 (02-14-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmom2013 View Post
If he is having as full board count, then it will take a little longer. How long did the vote take last time? I've heard that Mr. Evans is fair, so that's a big plus! Good luck!

He just needs 2/3 votes...I can’t remember exactly how long it took from start to finish but I can say that his eligibility date is 2/16 and he got his denied on 2/23 last time around...if that helps! And yes the lawyer told me that Evans is fair so that is a plus! Fingers crossed and thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMrs16 For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (02-16-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 10:15 AM

Also would anyone know what time of the day the site to check parole status usually updates so I won’t be checking all throughout day
Old 02-13-2019, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrs16 View Post
Also would anyone know what time of the day the site to check parole status usually updates so I wonít be checking all throughout day
Wishing you guys luck... I believe it updates every night arnd 3 or 4 in the morning.

The Following User Says Thank You to Guccigrl For This Useful Post:
TheMrs16 (02-14-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccigrl View Post
Wishing you guys luck... I believe it updates every night arnd 3 or 4 in the morning.
Okay and thank you so much! As of this morning still no update. Same old “Offender is currently in the parole review process” message......Ugh the anticipation is driving me crazy lol

Last edited by TheMrs16; 02-14-2019 at 06:27 AM..
Old 02-16-2019, 04:54 AM

Well just woke up this morning and checked we got a denial....I seriously can’t believe this my husband is gonna be so disappointed �� the only good thing is it’s a 1 year setoff and not a 3 year one here was our time line

IPO 12/6
In Person Hearing 2/7
Denial 2/15

The reason 2D!! What a load of bullshit. I’m gonna ask him to request his time so we can see how vote went or can I call and find out? I’m really thinking about appealing this is heartbreaking for real
Old 02-16-2019, 07:40 AM

I was like appeal earlier but what I meant is see if we have anything that can qualify us for a special review
Old 02-16-2019, 08:38 PM

You can call the records department in Austin and they will give you the email address to request his minutes. It will show the voters and denial reasons, but his score will be blacked out. I'm so sorry he was denied. We fought the dreaded 2D for eight reviews, what a nightmare. Did he not have that denial code last vote? Special Reviews are rare, and usually only occur if new information is provided that they feel would make as difference in the vote.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dtmom2013 For This Useful Post:
Guccigrl (02-16-2019), TheMrs16 (02-16-2019)
Old 02-16-2019, 09:15 PM

Okay I will call them first thing Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. Yes 2D was the reason last time...itís terrible because he has seriously been doing everything heís supposed to my husband has THREE degrees 2 bachelors and an associates...is a peer mentor at the unit ....he hasnít gotten in any trouble like seriously he hasnít and has done everything they have asked of him.....and yet he gets denied....they have guidelines they are supposed to follow but I feel like they get away not doing so because of the use of
ď discretionaryĒ smh...and letís not forget the fact they donít even take the time to go talk to the inimates themselves so they can get a feel for them as person and not just as number ....we are both very upset and I want to do everything in power to make it as better as I can I want to know whatever it is I can do smh sigh Iím just like
Old 02-16-2019, 11:05 PM

I'm so sorry. I understand how you feel. Hang in there... Its all more punishment than rehabilitation

Old Yesterday, 02:10 AM

Hi I’m really new , do you happen to know if inmates will get parole the first time ? My bf is going up next year & im nervous idk how it really works
Old Yesterday, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccigrl View Post
I'm so sorry. I understand how you feel. Hang in there... Its all more punishment than rehabilitation
Thank you, and you are so right itís all punishment. Geez but that is not what their guidelines are set in place for they have already been punished. They serve whatever amount of time they are supposed to for example half the sentence before becoming eligible for parole. After that they are supposed to be looking at if they are rehabilitated. Have they gotten in major trouble since incarceration, things they have accomplished etc....not the fact that oh he hasnít had enough punishment let me tact on more time even though he hasnít gotten in trouble and has taken classes, no prior convictions, even his job position/assignment is were he is a freaking peer educator/mentor to help rehabilitate others like wtf. Smh this just doesnít make sense and itís like we canít do crap about. This is why suicide rates were on the raise they make people feel hopeless
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMrs16 For This Useful Post:
Guccigrl (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombshellshy View Post
Hi Iím really new , do you happen to know if inmates will get parole the first time ? My bf is going up next year & im nervous idk how it really works
Most people donít get parole the first time around but it can and does happen. Honestly itís hard to say.
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombshellshy View Post
Hi Iím really new , do you happen to know if inmates will get parole the first time ? My bf is going up next year & im nervous idk how it really works
As someone said before its honestly hard to say, but my husband WAS granted parole the 1st time around. He didnt have any prior TDCJ cases before this incarceration and stayed out of trouble which Im sure helped. I put together a parole packet and sent to the board during his review showing he had a support system to come home to, not sure if that had any effect on the decision or not but you may consider doing that as well. Good luck!
Old Today, 01:41 AM

I find it interesting that the score is blacked out...also interesting is when he request it it’s left blank....makes you wonder if it’s because they sometimes score enough points but since it’s discretionary ...they can choose not to go off the points even though guidelines are set. I really need more information on this....

Last edited by TheMrs16; Today at 01:45 AM..