Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 02-04-2012, 12:42 AM

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappucino View Post
I actually saw the legal arguments made and its success so I don't think it was BS. Just my experience, take it or leave it.
I leave it. It is simply and without question absolute hogwash. No way. There's not a chance that you saw a higher court opinion echoing these silly notions. If it did exist, the entire criminal system would have crumbled to it's knees for lack of jurisdiction. I was in court all day today, and the criminal system is alive and well (although I did give it a couple good kicks to the groin I was rather proud of.)
That someone won a Writ, sure, that happens; but not based on material that has less substance than The Tooth Fairy. The Chewbacca Defense has more merit (South Park reference).
Further, if someone tried to pass these baseless jurisdictional arguments off as real, I strongly suspect that you were being scoped out as a "pigeon". Hang on to your wallet, someone may be trying to pry it open.

Last edited by Gryphon; 02-04-2012 at 01:00 AM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gryphon For This Useful Post:
26thncaliswag (02-04-2012), fbopnomore (02-04-2012), Kelf (02-04-2012), LeBeau (02-04-2012), yourself (02-05-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2012, 12:48 AM

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26thncaliswag View Post
Ok counsel, can anyone of you with your uber-intelligent minds tell us what the hell this means? Is it just me or is that informative update on this poor lady's case just going in circles with words that mean nothing. And what happened to her? Why hasn't she updated since then?
It reads a WHOLE lot like the later portion (long after the hook has been set and the fish played) of email scams out of Nigeria. I had a case where I studied the scammer's tactics.
Someone has been studying at the feet of the master.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:51 AM

I am not sure if this is the same person, but I believe Ms Lawrence has an office in Washington. I didn't know this was called Omega 17, but once I called her. She told me that she needed all info and paperwork from the case, birth certificate and that she was going to charge $3500.00 and asked for my email to send additional info that I have to send to her. After that I called and called, left a hundred messages, still no answer from her. It has been 2 yrs from that
Old 02-04-2012, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoncntrylady View Post
My son was given info on the Omega 17/Eileen Lawrence! In short every inmate has bonds so the government makes money! This lady buys the bonds back! Takes 3-6 mo, then they walk out the gate, no parole, prob or fines, the charges stay on their record! I'm going through it now! I will let you know the outcome! Eileen is retiring! Hope this helps you!
Please explain, what does it means that every inmate has bonds? Thank you.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Probation officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscgonzalez View Post
Yes, I heard about her like 2 yrs ago, my husband gave me the information, he said she helped another inmate to reduce his sentence. I called her, she said it was going to be $3500.00 and asked for my email to send me the info that I need to send her back (birth certificate, case papers etc). After that I called her like a hundred times, left messages and still no answe from her. It has been like 2 yrs from that. So to tell you the truth I am not sure if it is a scam or not.
GIVE IT UP!!! I say that because I'd hate to see you lose money to someone preying on you love for your incarcerated loved one. It's been 5 pages of back and forth and nothing has been produced but a scant few emails that say absolutely nothing about what she does to get them out and no guarantee that the 8k she's about to take from you will even get them out.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:07 AM

Question Filing for Sovereignty

Does anyone know anything about filing for sovereignty to clear a record? A inmate told my LO that he could file for it through a attorney to clear his record. I cannot find anything on this...Can anyone help?
Old 01-16-2014, 10:23 AM

One of my Pen pals is trying this and is dead set on it, the more I've looked around on it, it seems like bs.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:26 AM

Oh yeah? I haven't found nothing on it yet. I wonder if we could get legal advise from a attorney...
Old 01-16-2014, 10:52 AM
attorney

Thanked 21,549 Times in 7,531 Posts

since I'm not an attorney in Texas, all I can give you is my very basic opinion as a human being; it's total b.s. There are plenty of threads here dealing with the issue as people think there's this huge loop hole through the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and the idea that if they are foreigners (sovereignty means you are your own country, ie not an American), they can somehow beat the system. WRONG. Tell your LO to take a look around them. See how many people from other countries are sitting in their very same prison. They might also want to take note of the guys from Enron and the like who are doing serious time despite having millions if not billions of dollars. If there was an easy out, an easy way to expunge their record, those inmates "advising" your LO wouldn't be sitting in prison to give your LO this foolish, wasteful advice.

Do a bit more digging in this forum - you'll find a ton of information on why this is all bunk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
thatwiz (01-16-2014), tiffany89 (01-16-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 10:57 AM

Oh wow..Well thank you so much for this information!
Old 01-16-2014, 11:06 AM
Not active-find *********

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,370 Times in 3,006 Posts

Yes this is a popular topic in prison. It is all bs. My son spent a year researching it.

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
Old 01-16-2014, 02:42 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,954 Times in 12,168 Posts

There are also many folks in prison because of the "sovereignty" scam, so if it worked, why are so many people who sold the instructions (it's never free) still locked up themselves? One of them who I knew personally, also sold a lifetime "insurance policy" to his students for thousands of dollars. He promised to personally defend anyone indicted in the courts for free. When the feds and the state charged a bunch of them criminally, they called. The answer "you're on your own, they indicted me too".

One of the common selling points is that nobody has ever gone to prison for following the instructions. This "professor" had already served a federal tax evasion prison sentence himself, but just used a different name for the new suckers. I bet he still doesn't know of anyone, even after his second stay in the bop.

I can't imagine ever asking a prisoner how to avoid prison. They are con men, so don't be surprised if you get conned.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Off-Paper Since 2009
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,199 Posts
Thumbs down

I feel sorry for all the folks who fall victim to these "sovereignty" scams.

Preying on prisoners and their families when they are most vulnerable, taking their money with nothing to show for it and giving them false hope.

Being sent to prison themselves is too good for these low-life hucksters, IMHO.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nickel Timer For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-17-2014), yourself (01-16-2014)
Old 02-24-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrapinkoski View Post
You might not be cking the forum because your loved one is home but I just wanted to add to the fact that this process is working. There are folks who are now released.

The people who help prisoners with the process are very careful about who they help. Eileen of Omega 17 does not choose to assist violent offenders or those convicted of certain offenses.

Just wanted to post a positive for Omega 17. Eileen is working on my son's situation. He's not home yet but I will post a victory if it works for him.

--------Sandra
Hello,

Do you have an update on your son?
Old 02-24-2018, 04:35 PM
Off-Paper Since 2009
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthsearch View Post
Hello,

Do you have an update on your son?
Read the rest of this thread. She got scammed. They gave her the run-around and then disappeared with her money.

That's how scammers work. They give you false hope, then run off with your money.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nickel Timer For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 04:56 PM

[quote=cjackson225;2458559]My husband just called about "sovereignship" this is not even a word, talking about he can become his own country, and this process stops all court issues, and they may even get him out of jail. The process is called Omega 17, I think it is a scam, anyone know anything about it

It is a scam
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rory Elliot For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-24-2018), Patrickj (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,812 Times in 11,076 Posts

We can assure you that you're thinking is right.....scam from the word go!
fbopnomore (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 07:04 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,358 Times in 1,053 Posts

[quote=Rory Elliot;7703903]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackson225 View Post
My husband just called about "sovereignship" this is not even a word, talking about he can become his own country, and this process stops all court issues, and they may even get him out of jail. The process is called Omega 17, I think it is a scam, anyone know anything about it

It is a scam

If you bite into Omega17. I have some ocean front property in Arizona, that I am selling real cheap to the first 1,000 people after that the price will sky rocket . I guarantee you that.
Omega 17 is pure B.S Your husband is probably thinking about sovereign citizen movement Another bunch to stay away from also
Sovereign citizens believe that U.S. citizens are either "Fourteenth Amendment citizens" (who are subject to the federal and state laws and taxes) or "sovereign citizens", who are subject only to common law or "constitutional law" (or both), but are not bound to obey statutory law.
Like I said if you want to believe this crap. Hurry up and get with me about buying some ocean front property in Arizona. Reason being that is where "sovereign citizens" will all be there for sure.
fbopnomore (02-25-2018), maytayah (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 08:59 PM
Off-Paper Since 2009
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by charise View Post
i have probably later on tonight after i put my children to bed i dont have a problem sharing information thats why i posted my info on here to prove it is real and to prove it can be done just look out for future posts from me and you will get all you asked for
We're still waiting, charise... where's that info you promised us??

Tell us how this sovereignty scam works, charise... curious minds want to know.

Eileen is retiring and running away with everyone's money, charise... why haven't you followed up or updated us in over 6 years now?

Where are those textbook citations you promised, charise? Proving that we are all slaves to the GOV and can just "buy our surety bonds" back, "accepted for value?"

C'mon, charise... don't leave us all hanging here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nickel Timer For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-25-2018), Patrickj (02-25-2018)
Old 02-09-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by +4thefuture View Post
cjackson255, actually its not a scam, you can become soveign. It is difficult because of all the rules, laws etc. My son has become soveign (can't remember the spelling) but if you would like more info, pm me with your email addy and I will have him get in touch with you with regarding this matter.
Can you have your son send me info on this? Did he actually get out of jail? My email addy is email address removed per PTO policy, contact her through the private message system
Thanks!!

Last edited by fbopnomore; 02-09-2019 at 11:11 AM..
Old 02-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,954 Times in 12,168 Posts

It is a scam that has resulted in many "sovereign citizens" residing in various prisons for numerous felony crimes. It has been a target of federal law enforcement for many years, and I never heard of even one acquittal. The only question is who's pocket your money will end up in.

Last edited by fbopnomore; 02-09-2019 at 11:20 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
lilysmom1998 (02-11-2019), Patrickj (02-11-2019), sass4221 (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 05:44 PM

Just seen an inmate at a disciplinary for assault pull the sovereign thing on a programme. Didn't wash. He was found guilty.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orchibu For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-09-2019), Patrickj (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 02:32 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,358 Times in 1,053 Posts

Sovereign citizenship, or what ever you want to waste your money on trying to think you are going to beat our judicial system by just over loading the courts with unnecessary filings go for it

Here is a definition on sovereign citizenship They believe that national citizens are not subject to any U.S. federal law, including the jurisdiction of the federal courts. They feel they're subject to natural and common law only. Fourteenth Amendment citizens are viewed as being subject to federal and common law but can become a sovereign citizen.

Sovereign Citizen also try to hide behind.UCC(Uniform Commercial Code) Which doesn't have a dam thing to due with any kind of citizenship or criminal proceedings
I will repost this information once again Here is what the FBI called The Sovereign Citizen Movement in 2010 Here Bottom line is Sovereign Citizenship or any other hoax that claims they can get you out of prison or jail if you join them is just that a hoax. All that you are going to have is empty pockets from buying their B.S propaganda If any one can show me with factual evidence that Sovereign Citizenship, got them out of prison or stopped them from going to prison. I will kiss your butt on the steps of the U.S Capital or the U.S Supreme Court

Last edited by Patrickj; 02-11-2019 at 02:46 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patrickj For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-11-2019), lilysmom1998 (02-11-2019), sidewalker (02-12-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 03:50 PM
attorney

Thanked 21,549 Times in 7,531 Posts

Tell your LO that Terry Nichols, one of the Oklahoma Bombers, is a sovereign citizen. He is serving life. Wesley Snipes made a sovereign citizen claim in his tax case in 2008. He did prison time.

Tell them to ask around - how many of their peers incarcerated in the same facility are citizens of a different nation. All of them are serving their sentence and facing deportation afterwards.

Ask him why, if there is a magic bullet like Omega or whatever sovereign citizenship flavor they are all fired up about, then why is somebody like Bernard Ebbers (WorldCom), or Bernie Madoff (investment broker), or Tom Hayes (UBS), serving prison time. I mean, they did billions of dollars in crime, probably have a bunch squirreled away, and had the ability to pay all the filing fees and then some to prevent a conviction and prison sentence, yet they weren't stupid enough to buy into such a scam. madoff is serving 150 years, and you think he wouldn't have gotten out a decade ago or more if such a scam like Omega worked.

Trust your gut - scam, scam, scam. If you need the legal explanation instead of the aforementioned logical examples of why there is no Omega of sovereign citizen claim that will get the authorities to magically open the prison gates and let a LO out, let me know.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-11-2019), Patrickj (02-11-2019), sidewalker (02-12-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyguz1 View Post
i'm looking for the omega17 also, i have already filed my husbands ucc1 form and now i have to send some paper work off to the secretary of the state, i'm doing this on my own because the other companies charge so much. search redemptionservices.com and you can read up on alot of info about sovereign and becoming a secured party creditor and read all about your strawman. i know someone it has worked for and he was released
You know someone it worked for? Give up some more information, case#, state in which it happened, the person's name. Maybe I will believe you then.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lilysmom1998 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-11-2019), Patrickj (02-11-2019), yourself (02-11-2019)