Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW HAMPSHIRE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

NEW HAMPSHIRE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of New Hampshire - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, Visitation & Phones, mail and more

Old 05-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Im Over It Now!

Heya all,

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about Valley Street jail.

My man was arrested for abusing me and now I wish I hadnt pressed charges. He is going to go to superior court for 9 felonys.

I miss him dreadfully and even though he abused me I still love him.

confused.??
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,590 Times in 2,182 Posts

Welcome to PTO i am moving this to the NH state so you can get information.

Are the 9 felonies against you? Don't be sorry taht you pressed charges cause even though you love him , he needed to get help and hopefully he can get the help he needs while in there .. Its not uncommon for women to still love those who abuse them.

Please keep your head up, i am not going to tell you what you should do, cause you will only follow your heart. All i can say is when making your decisions use the pros and cons system (good and bad) see which out weighs the other and be truthful when writing them down. Do what is best for you !
Old 05-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Im Over It Now!

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I do love him thats what makes it so hard. Can I drop charges??? and the restraining order??

worried dont wanna see him in jail now.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,590 Times in 2,182 Posts

In many states the victim are allowed to drop the charges, but the state picks them right up. If you have a contact restraining order then you need to abide by it , if you want it dropped you can try and talk to the judge about it and see what they say
Old 05-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Donation Award 

If you want to drop the charges you will need to talk with the prosecutor. Good luck! NH doesn't play when it comes to domestic violence. If he is facing 9 felony charges he had to beat you up pretty badly. I'm assuming that you are safe at the moment because you are here.

I understand loving your man and missing him, however your man needs help. The restraining order works both ways -- that is, if you were to contact him you could have charges pressed against you too. While I am sure he probably feels sorry for beating you up, that won't necessarily stop him from doing it again. He needs help from professionals. Hopefully they can get him into an anger management class and he will be able to make changes within himself.

Last edited by Crone; 05-03-2007 at 06:14 PM..