Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Mother of Inmate

Default Can my son take his food from Solano Co. Jail to DVI

Hi there,
I'm very new at all this and although I call my self looking and reading way more than I probably needed to I still have a question.

I've been buying my son icare packages while he's been in the Solano County Jail system. He's waiting to be transferred to DVI in Tracy for his reception (as he puts it) and he's now informing me that he can't take any food with him when he transfers. Does anyone have any information on this?? or can you point me to where the correct info is?? I know about his clothing and other property and he's making arrangements for a friend to pick all that up since I live across the country . I would just hate to spend the money on a food care package for him and then him get transferred and not be able to take it.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Marie
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2013, 01:14 PM

Thanked 2,678 Times in 783 Posts

Hello and welcome to PTO. I would hold off sending any more packages. If he is waiting to be transferred, it could happen at any time. Once he gets to reception, he will not be able to receive packages either. When he finally arrives at his assigned prison (after reception) you will be able to send quarterly packages. You can get more info on that when you know where he's going. Hope that helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to tglsmom For This Useful Post:
mariewilcox62 (08-20-2013)
Old 08-17-2013, 08:36 PM

Thanked 2,472 Times in 1,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox62 View Post
Hi there,
I'm very new at all this and although I call my self looking and reading way more than I probably needed to I still have a question.

I've been buying my son icare packages while he's been in the Solano County Jail system. He's waiting to be transferred to DVI in Tracy for his reception (as he puts it) and he's now informing me that he can't take any food with him when he transfers. Does anyone have any information on this?? or can you point me to where the correct info is?? I know about his clothing and other property and he's making arrangements for a friend to pick all that up since I live across the country . I would just hate to spend the money on a food care package for him and then him get transferred and not be able to take it.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Marie
He can't take it with him to DVI
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sleepy For This Useful Post:
mariewilcox62 (08-20-2013)