Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Banned

Default Texas Prisons, Mens vs Womens

Over the years there’s one thing that always stands out to me, the stark contrast between Men’s Prisons in Texas and Women’s prisons in Texas. Many of the threads I read I can’t relate to simply because these things don’t apply or aren’t common in women’s prisons in Texas.

My wife has been in the Texas prison system for 16 years and I wonder if people also find this large distinction between the two gender prisons like I do. For instance, the violence is a totally different in women’s prisons. I find the inmate games (Harassment, abuse, extortion) all are less common as well.

Does anyone have comparisons or contrasts they find between the two, I mean other than the one common thread of suffering under the mid-evil totalitarian rule of TDCJ?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 01:26 AM

there is a really big difference i have worked at both a mens and now a womens and there is allloooottt of difference what exactly are u lookin for
Old 05-20-2010, 08:17 AM
Blessed Mom
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,541 Times in 1,745 Posts

I go into both male and female prisons and there are definitely differences. The women tend to be more apt to form bonds with each other. They are more emotional in nature so the bonds are tighter. They are more nuturing, if they like the person. Of course, fights are A LOT different in a women's prison. If they get in a fight it's to permenantely scar someone. They also fight for different reasons. Those are just the differences off the top of my head but you are right, they are not the same "worlds".

I claim 2013 will be our best year thus far!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ReggiesLady For This Useful Post:
Mike1963 (05-20-2010)
Old 05-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Banned

I agree with Reggieslady, women's prison issues seem to revolve around personal relationship and friendship issues, it's a totally mental/emotional environment. Whereas men's prisons seem to be based on power, control, gangs and in some cases drugs. What a contrast between the two.