Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-27-2009, 04:38 PM
queenwdg queenwdg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 876
Thanks: 225
Thanked 284 Times in 143 Posts
Default Today, I made space for my husband's clothes

My husband is coming home in 20 days. I had been holding off making space, because the reality of his home coming hadn't sunk in yet. Tomorrow, I will be at 19 days and I am finally getting the "sinking in" feeling since he went before the Board in September of 2008.

My husband is really coming home and I was able to finally unpack all the clothes I purchased and made space in my closet for him. I can breath a little, but I won't exhale until I drive off the lot of the Parole Office.

God it feels good to be this close.
__________________






Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 05-27-2009, 05:40 PM
poni'swoman poni'swoman is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ohio, usa
Posts: 1,458
Thanks: 93
Thanked 603 Times in 308 Posts
Default

I really envy you. I wish you two every happiness.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to poni'swoman For This Useful Post:
queenwdg (05-28-2009)
  #3  
Old 05-27-2009, 05:46 PM
confusedasusual confusedasusual is offline
Waiting for a fresh start
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 597
Thanks: 269
Thanked 267 Times in 259 Posts
Default

Good job!! I have a few things I need to get done around here to prepare from his coming home, but haven't really started yet. The realization that we were so close finally hit me a few days ago, of all things, my ticker set it off for me! lol. I will be spending this weekend doing things to get ready around here...starting with getting his clothes ready.
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to confusedasusual For This Useful Post:
queenwdg (05-28-2009)
  #4  
Old 05-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Barney2009 Barney2009 is offline
He'sStillMyPumpkin
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Default

How very wonderful for you!!!!!!!! Congratulations. My son went in front of the parole board this morning. I Colorado, if they make parole, they are out much sooner than your husband. If he made it, he will be out within the next month, most likely. Now, I have to wait to hear from him to find out what happened. I am out of money on the phone, so have to wait for him to write. One good thing about the system where you are is that you have had plenty of time to plan. I have not been able to plan, as I did not want to do it for nothing. I feel like I am living in limbo, where he is concerned. I thnk the not knowing is the hardest part.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barney2009 For This Useful Post:
queenwdg (05-28-2009)
  #5  
Old 05-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Rosr Mary Rosr Mary is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: N.C.,USA
Posts: 844
Thanks: 260
Thanked 479 Times in 314 Posts
Default

My you have a blessed life together !!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosr Mary For This Useful Post:
queenwdg (05-28-2009)
  #6  
Old 05-28-2009, 06:29 AM
queenwdg queenwdg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 876
Thanks: 225
Thanked 284 Times in 143 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney2009 View Post
How very wonderful for you!!!!!!!! Congratulations. My son went in front of the parole board this morning. I Colorado, if they make parole, they are out much sooner than your husband. If he made it, he will be out within the next month, most likely. Now, I have to wait to hear from him to find out what happened. I am out of money on the phone, so have to wait for him to write. One good thing about the system where you are is that you have had plenty of time to plan. I have not been able to plan, as I did not want to do it for nothing. I feel like I am living in limbo, where he is concerned. I thnk the not knowing is the hardest part.
Yes, I have had a while to prepare. It's been NERVE wrecking, especially waiting for his ACTUAL out date, THAT was the hardest thing in the world. I think I totally lost it during that span of time. God Bless to your son, I hope all goes well with it.
__________________






Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-28-2009, 06:44 AM
queenwdg queenwdg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 876
Thanks: 225
Thanked 284 Times in 143 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poni'swoman View Post
I really envy you. I wish you two every happiness.

You'll get there, and when you do, you'll feel the same as I do. He's still not home YET, so there is still SOME anxiety until I actually pick him up. We talked the other day and for the first time he sounded nervous.
__________________






Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-28-2009, 06:47 AM
queenwdg queenwdg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 876
Thanks: 225
Thanked 284 Times in 143 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
Good job!! I have a few things I need to get done around here to prepare from his coming home, but haven't really started yet. The realization that we were so close finally hit me a few days ago, of all things, my ticker set it off for me! lol. I will be spending this weekend doing things to get ready around here...starting with getting his clothes ready.

I've been waiting a LOOONGG time to be able to "get his things together", it was VERY relaxing and every day since, when I go into our closet, I smile, because it won't be too long before we have a "we're BOTH in the closet at the same time" moment, which also makes me smile.

I just have a littlr more cleaning to do and then I will be fine. I think I am waiting until the VERY last minute to do those things, so the time will pass quickly.
__________________






Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:21 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics