Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:38 PM

Default Today, I made space for my husband's clothes

My husband is coming home in 20 days. I had been holding off making space, because the reality of his home coming hadn't sunk in yet. Tomorrow, I will be at 19 days and I am finally getting the "sinking in" feeling since he went before the Board in September of 2008.

My husband is really coming home and I was able to finally unpack all the clothes I purchased and made space in my closet for him. I can breath a little, but I won't exhale until I drive off the lot of the Parole Office.

God it feels good to be this close.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2009, 05:40 PM

I really envy you. I wish you two every happiness.
The Following User Says Thank You to poni'swoman For This Useful Post:
queenwdg (05-28-2009)
Old 05-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Waiting for a fresh start

Good job!! I have a few things I need to get done around here to prepare from his coming home, but haven't really started yet. The realization that we were so close finally hit me a few days ago, of all things, my ticker set it off for me! lol. I will be spending this weekend doing things to get ready around here...starting with getting his clothes ready.

The Following User Says Thank You to confusedasusual For This Useful Post:
queenwdg (05-28-2009)
Old 05-27-2009, 06:06 PM
He'sStillMyPumpkin

How very wonderful for you!!!!!!!! Congratulations. My son went in front of the parole board this morning. I Colorado, if they make parole, they are out much sooner than your husband. If he made it, he will be out within the next month, most likely. Now, I have to wait to hear from him to find out what happened. I am out of money on the phone, so have to wait for him to write. One good thing about the system where you are is that you have had plenty of time to plan. I have not been able to plan, as I did not want to do it for nothing. I feel like I am living in limbo, where he is concerned. I thnk the not knowing is the hardest part.
The Following User Says Thank You to Barney2009 For This Useful Post:
queenwdg (05-28-2009)
Old 05-27-2009, 06:13 PM

My you have a blessed life together !!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosr Mary For This Useful Post:
queenwdg (05-28-2009)
Old 05-28-2009, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney2009 View Post
How very wonderful for you!!!!!!!! Congratulations. My son went in front of the parole board this morning. I Colorado, if they make parole, they are out much sooner than your husband. If he made it, he will be out within the next month, most likely. Now, I have to wait to hear from him to find out what happened. I am out of money on the phone, so have to wait for him to write. One good thing about the system where you are is that you have had plenty of time to plan. I have not been able to plan, as I did not want to do it for nothing. I feel like I am living in limbo, where he is concerned. I thnk the not knowing is the hardest part.
Yes, I have had a while to prepare. It's been NERVE wrecking, especially waiting for his ACTUAL out date, THAT was the hardest thing in the world. I think I totally lost it during that span of time. God Bless to your son, I hope all goes well with it.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poni'swoman View Post
I really envy you. I wish you two every happiness.

You'll get there, and when you do, you'll feel the same as I do. He's still not home YET, so there is still SOME anxiety until I actually pick him up. We talked the other day and for the first time he sounded nervous.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
Good job!! I have a few things I need to get done around here to prepare from his coming home, but haven't really started yet. The realization that we were so close finally hit me a few days ago, of all things, my ticker set it off for me! lol. I will be spending this weekend doing things to get ready around here...starting with getting his clothes ready.

I've been waiting a LOOONGG time to be able to "get his things together", it was VERY relaxing and every day since, when I go into our closet, I smile, because it won't be too long before we have a "we're BOTH in the closet at the same time" moment, which also makes me smile.

I just have a littlr more cleaning to do and then I will be fine. I think I am waiting until the VERY last minute to do those things, so the time will pass quickly.