Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 4 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 4 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Charlotte CI, Dade CI, Everglades CI, Homestead CI, Martin CI, Moore Haven CF, Okeechobee CI, South Bay CF, SFRC, SFRC-S

Old 10-29-2018, 06:21 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareetee60$ View Post
Wow...I know a lot of the inmates are trying to "teach" my 19 year old son all their vast prison knowledge. From my research it looks like most of it is wrong! They told him to tell me to look up his name on the d o c and that means the next day he'll be transferred to the Reception Center from County where he is right now. But I read that once you're transferred to the Reception Center it takes 24 hours for your name to appear on the d o c. Yes and that was just one of the questions he asked me because people are telling him to become a jailhouse lawyer, what?! I worry because he believes everything everybody tells him... Except for me of course! Just kidding , but he is more likely to believe them over me which is unbelievable to me but I guess he has to fit in to exist.
if you use vinelink it stays current. you can register and it will text, email or call you when he is processed into a place before it actually shows up on the FDOC website. my boyfriend had me do it so that if he didn't call for a day or so id know why so I didn't freak out or worry. if the FDOC website says one thing you can click the vinelink box and that has the most current info as well if you don't want to register. I knew where he was at times because of that before the FDOC website updated or even they informed me of such (not a stalker I swear lol it was when I was just starting this process and was worried about his health lol) so check there if you aren't 100% sure if hes still there or not.

one day closer

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2018, 06:23 PM

Oh wow, thank you so much!! That is such great information!!
The Following User Says Thank You to mareetee60$ For This Useful Post:
MPsQueen (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 08:37 PM
missin my babe so much

Yea vinelink is more accurate. You register and they call u in a matter of hours. Doc website won't show him to the following day and even then it won't s huh owen you everything until the day after that. They took my husband around 2am by 8am that same morning I was getting g the calls from vinelink telling me he has been transferred transferred to doc. He didn't show up there online til midnight which is when they updated it, then not only was not all the info there but they even had inaccurate stuff posted. I checked again the following day after midnight and everything was there and corrected. So if u sign up with vinelink they will tell u where they transfer him to before it shows up on doc. My husband has only been there for a week so I'm expecting for him not to be moved for another 4 weeks maybe. Just hope they approve my phone before my bday so I can at least hear his voice.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:43 PM

Yes, thats really good. I registered and they texted me in a matter of minutes to confirm my registration. Is your husband at @ SFRC? WELL, I hope you get to talk to him and Happy Birthday!!
Old 11-02-2018, 07:46 PM

SFRC rules...
Does anyone know if I can send books to my son while he is in SFRC?
Old 11-03-2018, 10:23 AM
missin my babe so much

Quote:
Yes, thats really good. I registered and they texted me in a matter of minutes to confirm my registration. Is your husband at @ SFRC? WELL, I hope you get to talk to him and Happy Birthday!!
Thank you and yes. He said he's done with orientation and just waiting til they transfer him.

Old 11-03-2018, 10:25 AM
missin my babe so much

Quote:
If you send him money thru jpay u might be able to email him. I seen the option and was like let me just try it and I got an email back a couple hours later.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love baby View Post
If you send him money thru jpay u might be able to email him. I seen the option and was like let me just try it and I got an email back a couple hours later.
I hope I can send him books from Amazon while he's at SFRC.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:21 AM

Thanked 5,952 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
I hope I can send him books from Amazon while he's at SFRC.
If he's being moved don't send anything like books until he gets to his home prison. I wouldn't trust that he'd ever get them.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
If he's being moved don't send anything like books until he gets to his home prison. I wouldn't trust that he'd ever get them.
Okay, thanks...I was wondering if that would be the case. It will be rough for him with nothing to read.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Okay, thanks...I was wondering if that would be the case. It will be rough for him with nothing to read.
When he does move, check out halfpricebooks instead. Super cheap, free shipping with purchase of $10 AND they ship USPS, which is a must, otherwise they will reject the delivery. Amazon can ship USPS, but they dont guarantee it. Barnes n Nobles does too, you just have to check the box, but they are pricier.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljasso View Post
When he does move, check out halfpricebooks instead. Super cheap, free shipping with purchase of $10 AND they ship USPS, which is a must, otherwise they will reject the delivery. Amazon can ship USPS, but they dont guarantee it. Barnes n Nobles does too, you just have to check the box, but they are pricier.
He should be transferred to SFRC in the next week or so...just a guess, but soon. He's so scared. Other guys in county with him are telling him it's dangerous to order commissary and to lay low while he is there, and not to draw attention to himself in any way.
But, thanks for the tip. I have been ordering books on Amazon for the past year with no issues. It does get expensive, I'll definitely try halfprice books!