Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to SVSP Salinas Valley State Prison located in Soledad, California.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Closed

Default What airport is near CTF?

Just wondering which airport is closest to Soledad and how many miles is it away from the prison.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Donation Award 

Monterey and San Jose are the two closest airports. Monterey is closest--probably a little under an hour away. It is a pretty small airport, however, so flights there may be more expensive. San Jose is the next closest--about 1 1/2 hours away.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsymoonbird
Just wondering which airport is closest to Soledad and how many miles is it away from the prison.
Salinas Municipal airport (SNS) is 25 miles away, but I prefer flying into Monterey Peninsula airport (KMRY) (better facilities), 42 miles away. Monterey has courtesy cars, I don't remember if Salinas does (I'm sure one of the FBOs does, might want to call ahead). What are you flying, 172?
"[T]hough the attorney for the sovereign must prosecute with earnestness and vigor, he must always be faithful to his client's overriding interest that 'justice shall be done.'" United States v. Agurs, 427 U.S. 97, 110-111 (1976).
Old 09-21-2007, 10:22 PM

Your cheapest fare is probably going to be from the San Jose airport. Driving distance is about 1 hour and 15 minutes to the prison from the San Jose airport.

San Jose airport is a big airport so almost all airlines fly into that airport.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Donation Award 

While I have my fantasies of flying into the Salinas airport, until I get my private plane it isn't going to happen! Presumably you wrote this halfway joking, but I wanted to clarify to avoid confusion. Yes, there is an airport in Salinas. No, it is not open to commercial flights. If you are flying into the area to visit one of the prisons Monterey and San Jose are your real options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasse
Salinas Municipal airport (SNS) is 25 miles away, but I prefer flying into Monterey Peninsula airport (KMRY) (better facilities), 42 miles away. Monterey has courtesy cars, I don't remember if Salinas does (I'm sure one of the FBOs does, might want to call ahead). What are you flying, 172?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMK
While I have my fantasies of flying into the Salinas airport, until I get my private plane it isn't going to happen!
I don't have a private plane. When I want/need to get someplace out of the way in a hurry, I rent. Anyone with a valid cert can do so.
"[T]hough the attorney for the sovereign must prosecute with earnestness and vigor, he must always be faithful to his client's overriding interest that 'justice shall be done.'" United States v. Agurs, 427 U.S. 97, 110-111 (1976).