Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: if you had the chance to get pregnant would you?
yes 897 38.37%
no 1,039 44.44%
maybe 307 13.13%
can't decide 95 4.06%
Voters: 2338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Proverbs 31 Woman

Attached Images

Proverbs 31:8-31

Last edited by blacklove0607; 03-20-2006 at 06:40 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2006, 08:36 AM

well we have a daughter already and i do want a boy if i could have his baby while he was in prison i would but i would wait till his last year because i dont want him to miss to much of his life because he is already missing everything in his daughters and that is killing him but then again he is doing 8 years so i could wait till he gets out im only 18 so by then i will still be able to have kids
Old 03-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Keep strong my loved ones

Yes I would and I would have him listed as the baby's father even though he isn't the one that got me pregnant. He has no children and I would love to be able to give birth to a child and have Damon be the only father that my child knows. Him and I have talked about it before. If I can't have conjugal visits then I need a sperm donor.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:16 PM
I <3 my Federal inmate!

I answered yes because right now we arent sure if we can have kids. I would definatly try to get pregnant as soon and as early as I could. We only have 3 yrs and 9 months to go and I know it would be hard and hard on the child but sometime is better than never, or none.

I Love My Federal Inmate
Kaytee and Jeremy

Old 03-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Waiting patiently...

First of all, how would we do this while hes in jail??? Congical visits? um i wouldn't risk it unless he was a lifer or he had years to go, other than that no way. Good luck
Old 03-25-2006, 01:13 PM

Well, we talked about this when he first went in. At the time I was all for it. I couldn't imagine NOT having his child. I wanted a little replica of him with me. But as the months turned into years I started to realize that I would be doing the child a grave injustice. I remembered how it was for me growing up without my father being a consistent influence in my life - and he was not locked up, just in another state! My father and I missed so much; I couldn't do that - on purpose - to a child.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:26 PM
I LOVE MY HUSBAND

i will say yes to this and if i can do it while he is in prison i am going too
Old 03-25-2006, 01:32 PM
6 years strong &lt;3

I've thought about this a lot and I have to say no, I wouldn't. As much as I want a kid, I'm not financially stable enough right now to raise one on my own. He doesn't want me to get pregnant while he's in either because he wants to be there every step of the way, especially when the child is born and for all of the "firsts." He REALLY wants to be a good father and be involved in our future child's life. We will still be young when he gets out (me 25, him 27), so we got plenty of time for all that when he comes home.

Old 04-13-2006, 02:00 PM

my husband and i want to get pregnant while he's in prison partly because by the time he gets out my chances will have dropped due to my age. unfortunately he's not in a prison that has trailer visits. has anyone gotten pregnant any other way while their man was incarcerated or have any suggestions on how to? please let me know. thanks.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,655 Times in 762 Posts

ghostmama!
PTO tries to veer our members away from doing anything or discussing anything against prison rules, so we can only suggest that you try to get your guy transfered to a facility that does allow conjugals for married folks!
Old 04-13-2006, 07:33 PM

I voted no, I couldn't do that, first of all we can't get family visits he's a lifer. But even if I could get pregnant I wouldn't, I had bad post-partum depression with my daughter and I don't want to go through that again, at least not by myself. I would love to have a baby with him, but this is really not the moment and I want him to share my pregnancy and going shopping for the baby's things with me.

Old 04-13-2006, 09:47 PM

I wouldn't get pregnant by my guy while he's in prison. There are a couple reasons. One, he's going to be home soon and Two, I'm not financially stable to do it alone.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Gettin a Divorce....
Donation Award 

No, I would definitely not do it. I grew up with my dad always being incarcerated, and I wouldnt want to put my children through the same thing I went through. Plus I wouldnt want Rick to ever miss out on any of the beautiful moments that parenthood holds. I dont have any kids, and I wouldnt want to get pregnant and have a baby because I would want to share EVERY MOMENT with him. Rick already has a son with someone else whom he has never even been able to hold, the baby boy is 2 yrs old, and it saddens me so much that he is missing out on his little one's life. He cant be there for his son, wasnt there when he was born, had his first tooth come out, started crawling, walking, and now that he is learning to talk. Rick has only seen his baby twice.... nope, woudlnt do it!
Old 04-14-2006, 12:59 AM

Smile

Yes. I already am. I got pregnant just before he went in. He will be home a month before the baby's due. Thank God!
Sheila
Old 04-14-2006, 01:28 AM
Trying to stay sane...

No way.
Faithfully Waiting Club Member #117
Loving My Inmate Club Member #133

Old 04-14-2006, 08:21 AM
life changes you

I would get pregnat while he is locked up. but only if it would be his child. my husband will be home in about 4 years and we are gonna start trying the DAY he gets home. i was pregnat before by him & had a miscarriage. we can't wait to be parents. he has an 8 year old daughter who he never see's cuz the mom can't stand the fact that he is with me.(he's black, i'm white) but when he comes home we are gonna try to get custody of her. at least visitation.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Jeff~n~Dana 4eva

No Way we already have one daughter, and he went in before her first birthday it was hard. Good thing he only has 8 months left and he already wants baby #2 a son. I tell him to slow down our daughter is not even 2 yet!
Old 04-14-2006, 06:04 PM

I need some help. My husband is still fighting his case. He is going to do beetween 10 to 15 years. He has no kids and he is 21. I have a 2 year old and we are hoping to get pregnant at our visits. Is that the right choice? I would love a little him to be next to me when i sleep while he is gone.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchnme
I need some help. My husband is still fighting his case. He is going to do beetween 10 to 15 years. He has no kids and he is 21. I have a 2 year old and we are hoping to get pregnant at our visits. Is that the right choice? I would love a little him to be next to me when i sleep while he is gone.
Well, ask yourself at your age and considering he will not be able to help you if that is a good idea. What are your motives? Having a little him to cure your loneliness seems short sighted-JMO. What is your income like?
Old 04-18-2006, 08:23 PM

Thanked 1,145 Times in 679 Posts

I got pregnant while he was in. Our son is now 4 1/2. Some days are harder than others. $ is always tight,but love is here.He goes on every visit and that is its own set of challenges. I want another child,but not alone.He wants to be home for that.Make the decision together.Both sets of fellings matter.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:06 AM

no, no, no! In my situation I would not. Having a child to me is very important and something I want to share with my man. I want to be married first and have children when we are financially stable and after I get my masters. I have stipulations and expectations of myself that I am not willing to compromise. Thats just me though.

-Maya Angelou

Old 04-27-2006, 06:49 AM
Jeff~n~Dana 4eva

[quote=Loving Jay]no, no, no! In my situation I would not. Having a child to me is very important and something I want to share with my man. I want to be married first and have children when we are financially stable and after I get my masters. I have stipulations and expectations of myself that I am not willing to compromise. Thats just me though.[/quote

I agree.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,593 Times in 2,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchnme

I understand what you are feeling .. I was preg when my husband went in barely preg at that.. but i wouldnt get preg again while he is in cause i see how hard it is for my daughter when we leave her daddy and when she stands under his pics and holds up her hands and cries and only wants him.. its not easy .. you have too think about if you do .. how will if effect the child .. remember while have a child is a wonderful thing .. we have to do what is best for them .
Old 04-29-2006, 02:15 PM
<3 love

Arrow yes...

if i decided yes im going to marry him...im going to do the whole nine yrads..and have his kids also....im still thinking about this question though...but i think i would.....i cant wait 27 years to have kids....i want them sooner then that...and i know being a single parent will be hard....but im a strong person and i feel like i could do it....

Old 04-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Love it or Shove it......

My vote was NO. We already have 1 (11 1/2) and I don't want to do it all by myself again. It's not easy being a single parent to 1 child, imagine 2.