Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: if you had the chance to get pregnant would you?
yes 897 38.37%
no 1,039 44.44%
maybe 307 13.13%
can't decide 95 4.06%
Voters: 2338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2006, 10:50 PM
SOULMATE-1979

Bare with me but, most definitely. Why? Because my calling are kids.

I'm a single parent of 3 wonderful boys 19 soon to be 20, one will be 17 on Friday and the other is 11 soon to be 12. We are a very tight family and I love kids, as a matter a fact, I have several daughters out there that are not my natural daughters but daughters I raised along with my 3 boys. One is 23 and the other is 21. My other 3 little girls are 15, 16 and 17 and they live in TX. My 16 year old is pregnant now and is coming to stay with me next month after she has the baby.

Once he get work release we are going to start on our child. I really admire and adore children, because they didn't ask to be here and while they are here on this earth, I'm going to do all I can to help give them a positive attitude on life.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Next parole...2014

I would have to say most definately! I have no kids now, I'm 25 and not getting any younger.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Vell's1&Only

I am 35, I have no children of my own. If it were all legal & we could get that intimate time I would take no precautions & let God work! I want at least 1 child of my own & I believe I could handle it until he got home!!! I have a GREAT extended family who would help me thru every moment!!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 09:37 PM

I've already thought about this before. I would in a heartbeat, I'm going through some heath issues right now and its possible they will have to take my uterus out by next year. I'm gonna try to hold it off as long as possible without jeperdizing my heath, but I have no idea when he's coming home. So YES I would get pregnant by him now if I could. But we each have 2 kids of our own so if its not meant for us to have a child together then oh well, we'll be happy with what we have!
Old 01-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Donation Award 

My answer was No. Even if he was in for life... there is no reason in my mind to bring a child into this world under those circumstances. It's hard enough being a single parent (which I'm not) without having the extra weight of having your man locked up as well.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:48 PM
always with him

i answered no. my man is just as excited as i am about having kids. i wouldnt want him to miss a day of there growing up and he wouldnt want to miss a day of the pregnancy. we can wait until he gets out
Old 01-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Brian's Babe

My husband and I have 3 kids together. I would have to say 'no' and I know he would too. He was in county jail in 1998 when our son was born and he HATED it!! Now if he were in for life I doubt we'd have anymore kids. I would have enough on my plate just raising the 3 we already have.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:59 PM
HIS Samanfer MAma

NO WAY! I am 9 months pregnant with our baby and he went in again when i was 4 months. Now he has 5 more years to go and he is already talking about having more kids. come on be real. Why should your child not have a daddy around just because you want a child. I think kids need both their parents (from expeirence) and it would be incredibly selfish to have a baby whole one of the parents is in carcerated
Old 01-11-2006, 02:22 AM
diva in training

In this day and age when women are actually CHOOSING to be single parents rather than dealing with baby daddy drama,deadbeat dads or other relationships, I think that it is perfectly acceptable for a woman to want a child if her man is incarcerated. I have 3 children and my honey is incarcerated, so often we joke about having a "trailer baby." Realistically due to cost and my busy schedule, it is not an option. However I feel that if money wasn't a factor or time, I would. I know women who have babies by men that are in the street but they KNOW he isn't going to be there for the child or be a provider, when they decided to keep their babies anyway, no one called them selfish because many STRONG woman are single parents. As long as you can love, nurture and are capable I say go for it.

"Tell that trifling chick she can have u ,I ain't looking at u no more I'm looking PAST u......"
"Every obstacle you face in life is put there to bring you closer to God"
Old 01-16-2006, 03:29 AM
his Juliet, my Romeo

Yes. if we could. We worry that by the time he comes home what if we can't? We're 28 now and it's been 11yrs on a 15-life but you can't trust the future ya know? So we've talked about it over and over and if we could, definately we would yes!

Love recognizes no barriers.
It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls, to arrive at it's destination,
full of Hope! (Maya Angelou)

Loving A Lifer Club #22
Hoping For Parole Club #5
Waiting However Long It Takes Club #27
Old 01-16-2006, 12:54 PM
I miss my homies, 💙

Yes I would have his baby while he's in. He's serving 20-life(atleast15yrs to go), he has two boys and I have two kids. He loves kids and says if he was out he would have 10 more. Aslong as they were his I would get pregnant.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Outlaw's honey girl

No desire to be pregnant while he was in or now that he is out.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:13 PM

I would just wait until he gets out of prison....if he was a lifer I would have children by him so that if his time did come along then I'd always a miniature him that I can raise...even though being a single mom is hard (i have heard, im only 19 I dont have any children yet, we are waiting til i graduate college and get my nursing career started up)

Old 01-16-2006, 08:51 PM

i would! and i am! my finacee self reports to jesup federal prison this wednesday and we've known that hes going to prison since Oct 2005 and we've been trying since the end of dec 2005!! we found out that we are expecting at the beginning of this month (january 2006) we are excited and the baby will be due on Oct 6, 2006! our doctor thinks that we are having twins!!
so yes i would any time and hes doing 36 months!

2008 club member #93
Faithfully waiting club member #104
missing my soulmate club member #5
Old 01-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

Yes - been there, done that. My husband was serving a lengthy sentence and by the time he would be released, I would have been way past child-bearing age. So we arranged to have a child by artificial insemination, got the permission of the warden and the governor and it worked. We are the proud parents of a son who is now 16 years old. That said, one has to be financially able to single parent and also emotionally ready to single parent with the help of friends/family and your incarcerated spouse. Our son has a great relationship with his dad and hopefully his father can come home pretty soon. Would I do it again? Yes, definitely. I love both my guys! Zelda
The Following User Says Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
mrscjs (12-29-2010)
Old 03-17-2006, 03:23 AM
LexieLovesherQ

well that is a really interesting question! I would say if the opportunity came along i would def have a baby by my husband, he is a lifer now but he has a ten year old son, but i have none, I am 27 and wanted to have 5 kids but according to the doctor I am infertile, whatever, but since we already took that step of marriage why not start the family? I told my husband three years or i am getting insiminated,but i hope it does not get that bad and he will get out soon.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:16 AM
His Soul mate. ..

Thanked 8,163 Times in 6,852 Posts

I would love to, but Rob on the other hand said NO, not til hes home, I have two he calls his own, and he has a son, and the crazy lady wont let him see him ~ We are fighting this!!!~~ He only has at most 13 years left so.......
Old 03-17-2006, 12:57 PM
babylon release my cure

no.
definitely no.

we have a newborn son & i had him a week after my husband was locked up. that was the worst! not being able to share the moment with him is still very painful. he missed out & i missed out on something so beautiful. our son is a blessing & we would NEVER trade him for the world, but the next time around my husband will be at home. PERSONALLY (this is just my opinion), i think it's somewhat selfish to PURPOSELY create a child knowing that his father will not be able to be around for the day-to-day care/bonding. if it is something you can't control, that's different, but to TRY to purposely become pregnant while your partner is serving a long bid, that isn't good for the you, your man, or the child. each of you will miss out & be hurt and frustrated. i look at my son everyday & i am so sad because his father can't be there to watch him grow. his father is sad because he is missing out on our son's growth and funny faces, and babbles, and coos. so no, we will definitely be waiting until he comes to have another child.

just my 2 cents.

Old 03-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Always Doin' My Best

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,168 Posts

no. I don't want to get pregnant with him out either. This baby factory is closed.

Old 03-17-2006, 03:50 PM
AKA Mrs Lynch

I say HE!! NO. I'm already raising our 3 year old and that is hard enough on both of us. It to me really isn't fair to the child. And if I feal that way and he only has 5 years I truely wouldn't do it if he had life for the same reason it isn't fair to the child. It would just be cheating him out of so much I could never replace being a father.

"I resign myself to missing you for I know I have the rest of my life to wake up next to you."
Old 03-18-2006, 08:29 AM
I love my husband

I voted, maybe because I have mixed feelings about this one. Right now, I have 2 children that I'm taking care of by myself. I would love to have my husband's child, however I don't want to do it by myself. On the other hand, I'm afraid that I will be too old to have kids when he get out. He has not been sentenced yet, but the min. he will get is 10 yrs fed time. I am 28 now, so there is no telling how old I will be when he gets out. Although he has enough kids for me to "borrow" there's not like having our own. But this is not even an option for me, so I don't really think about it.
Mrs.W
Old 03-18-2006, 08:56 PM

I wouldn't. I went through one pregnancy alone and have pretty much rasied her on my own. I would want him to be there with me through the whole thing.

Old 03-18-2006, 09:08 PM

NO WAY.... i have one daughter now and that seems impossible at times... i can't imagine anymore... i've basically been a single mother from the time she was born and not to mention i've seen what having daddy away has done to her there is no way i would choose to put another child through it or myself at that. i can wait till he gets out. i want him here with me from the beginning... to go to doc appointments, sonograms, labor and delivery and every day after!!!

Loving My Inmate Member #107
Faithfully Waiting Member #91
Strictly You and Me Member
Missing my Soulmate Member #50
Hoping for Parole member #14

Old 03-19-2006, 01:09 AM

I have no kids, so if it starts getting close to me being 35, something is going to have to give
Old 03-20-2006, 06:16 AM
2006 BRIDE - 1/30/06

I know that's right. Me too!!!! But he'll be home in a few more years so I'll be ready!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCandbeyond
I have no kids, so if it starts getting close to me being 35, something is going to have to give