Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: if you had the chance to get pregnant would you?
yes 897 38.37%
no 1,039 44.44%
maybe 307 13.13%
can't decide 95 4.06%
Voters: 2338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2005, 12:01 PM

Yes I would,, if I could in a heartbeat!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Banned

Default Absolutely not

If my husband could not be home and living under the same roof, there is no way I would bring a baby into the picture. That's just me and is not meant to take anything away from anyone else who has babies otherwise.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:03 PM

No, I have a two year old son that is always asking for his father and even cries for him. So I would not want to put my other child through that also. If it happened well then it happens. But if I could avoid getting pregnant I definitely would. But also my husband is getting out soon. If he was in there for a while then I might consider it.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:34 PM

I have 2 children not by him, he has a son, he was away for his sons ages 6-12, when we met my daughter had just turned 1and he was only out for7 months, so he left my baby girl, I cant have any more kids so if god blesses me then its meant to be but i dont know how long he will be gone for.. so i say if he can come home soon, then yes (with gods help)
Not even that judge..
Old 09-20-2005, 11:55 AM

I wold have to say no my man will be home in 2009 which is not to far away. I am 22 and he is 25 so we will still have time to have a family once he comes home. I have to admit though if he was a lifer I definately would say yes.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:57 AM

yeah, if he was a lifer, then maybe. i had my first when i was 16, and i dont really want anymore. he gets out aug of '06, were getting married in june of '07, he has two daughters with two other women, and he want us to have one together when he gets out. i dont really want anymore kids, with or without him. three is enough for me. im sure that when he comes home, that story will change, but right now no.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:13 AM
Missing My Menace

As it stands now, no ,because my man only had 8 more months to go. If I cant wait 9 months for a baby then surely I can wait another 8 months for my sweetheart! He's been in 12 years already. If he was a lifer Im sure he'd want me to, he'd want me to have a life that he couldnt give me.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:47 PM
I will never wait again

No I wouldn't get pregnant while he's locked up. He gets out in 6 months and if or when I get pregnant, thats something I would like to share with him. I need him to be there to run out in the middle of the night for all my weird cravings...LOL!
Matthew 21:22-
Old 10-03-2005, 12:01 PM
The Tatt'd Prosecutor

Yes, I would do it again. My youngest is a "Rahway" baby as my friends call her--my husband was in prison and well, at that time Rahway (now EJSP) visits were super lax---there were many children born in 1996 out of that prison. That's just me--others disagree, but I would do it again.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Account Closed

I would... but WAY closer to when he's coming home. I'd want him to be there for the birth, if not the majority of the pregnancy!
Old 10-03-2005, 02:41 PM

I got pregnant by my boyfriend after he accepted a plea bargain of 3-6 years and while i was happy i was also sad because I wanted my boyfriend to watch our child grow up in person not through pictures, letters and visits unfortunately i had a miscarriage but if I had the chance yeah I think I would do it because I would feel like I had a piece of him right next to me all the time..however I think that since I am only 19 years old and hes only 25 we have time to have plenty of children when he comes home so Im a little undecided on that..
Old 10-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Wink's Wife

I would have to say that I would not. Due to my fiancee being on the run when I was pregnant with our first child, I would not allow him to miss the opportunity the 2nd time around.
2011 Club Member #17

He reached for my hand and touched my heart...

Old 10-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Banned

well..i love my man ..i know he wants kids...i want it to be with him...i just dont know...this is tough to even think about...but IF my man said..." baby i have too long left to make you wait without having kids...so u can have one and i will help you with him/her when i get out"...then i would think about doing it..but itz something my man and i would have to agree on...meaning..i dont want to hurt him but at the same time i do want kids...and i know itz painful...sorry i gotta go
Old 10-03-2005, 08:41 PM
oh man, this sucks

uh.....NO! i would not go through pregnancy alone ever again! that is awful! if he would ask me to, i'd kick him! LOL!
Old 01-07-2006, 12:31 AM
I MISS MY BOO

no sorry if u did not get pregant before he got locked thats too bad now that he is in prison your best bet is to wait i am going thorgh it right now by myself and my man was home whn i got pregant with our frist child.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:42 AM
He COMPLETES Me!

My answer is NO. I have two wonderful boys, and i want a little girl, but if he's still in there and i had the chance....NO i wouldn't. I wouldn't want to raise kids alone ever again.~~~Brandi
Old 01-07-2006, 02:06 AM

Trust me I was 3 months pregnant when he went in jail and it was not a good experience at all. All the sadness and worrries you have to deal with by yourself. Being pregnant you would rather pick your man to be by your side because he would care for you and love you more than ever....=) Arent I right?
Old 01-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Life DOES Go On! :)

YES!!!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 08:10 PM

I have to say everyone has there reasons for not haveing a baby while their man is away. I on the other hand want another baby from my husband. We will try when we start getting our trailers. My husband has 6 years to go and I'm already 31 years old. We only have one son. My husband would like to have another one and so would I. Yes, I would have a baby while my husbands in.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Closed

I'd prefer to wait until he was out. I would want him to be able to raise the child with me the whole time.
So I refused the multiple requests to sneak his sample and impregnate myself with the turkey baster on a visit. Sounds like a fun way to conceive huh??
Old 01-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Mrs Trouble

I wouldnt even think of getting pregnant while he is in, I would want him since this would be his first, to be able to share the whole experience, to feel the baby kicking to go to the drs and see the sonograms, to be there when I go into labor, to offer me comfort and support at the greatest time of need. So I would NEVER think of getting Pregnant while he was in cuz it would be a SELFISH act.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Donation Award 

Can't do it and wouldn't if I could. The statistics alone scare me - the number of children of offenders that end up in prison is far too high. I wouldn't intentionally put my child in that risk category.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Miss Dutchess his gem

I love my man and if it happened then we would have to roll with the punches. I mean I wouldn't wanna get pregnant while he's in But I probably wouldn't try to prevent it either. we're rolling with the punches now, GOD doesn't give you more than you can handle, but I'd rather him be home or at least make it home in time for the delivery.

Andre's Diamond

Last edited by calix's wifey; 01-09-2006 at 02:12 PM..
Old 01-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Closed

i wouldnt get pregnant while hes in. i was 6 weeks pregnant when he went in and i was depressed the whole pregnancy. i was lucky enough to bail him out 2 days before i had our son, but now he had to go and finish his time and now hes not here to see his son grow up. he will be 2 when my hubby gets out and it really sucks
Old 01-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Getting back on track

I would get pregnant only if he was on his way home, and when I say on his way home... I mean like 6 month halfway house on the way. I would do it because my husband and I have kids together seperatly, but none together and what a way to welcome him home than to tell him that we are going to have a baby. Now if he were doing life, I would not do it because I would not want my child to grow up without his/her father. I think that would be really hard to do. Kids require so much quality time that he being in prison for life would not be able to fulfill.