Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: if you had the chance to get pregnant would you?
yes 897 38.37%
no 1,039 44.44%
maybe 307 13.13%
can't decide 95 4.06%
Voters: 2338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,610 Times in 1,594 Posts

Not a hope in hell. My kids are grown and I am too old

America - land of the free, home of the incarcerated.

The USA has 5% of the worlds population and 25% of the the worlds prisoners.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2011, 06:11 PM

No i wouldnt
Old 12-13-2011, 11:55 PM

I have mixed emotions bout this..I was 8 weeks pregnant when he got arrested (which was a total shock) but I miscarried 3 weeks later it's been 8 months and very hard to deal with! So part of me would want to but the other part remembers my fear and depression of him missing so much of the babies life and the pregnancy.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:18 AM

Crazzzy! I was 38wks when he got arrested! 4more days till my schld c-section. But he had to screw up.
Now my son is 3mths finna be 4mths. How sad&it hurts.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Missing my Husband deeply

Quote:
Originally Posted by randys_girl4eva View Post
i was just wondering if you had a chance to get prenant while he was still in would you take the oppurtunity or would you wait until he gets out. but if your boyfriend was in there for life and you don't have that option to wait would you just go ahead and get pregnant?
I wouldn't want to get pregnant, but I would sure love to pretend to try and make one with him while he is in there.... J/S

Old 12-15-2011, 04:15 PM

My husband is a lifer and there is nothing I would want more that to have his child.................
Old 12-16-2011, 02:16 AM

No way!! I know that I'm not cut out to be a single mother. I already struggle with my three kids I have with my ex-husband who is on the outside. It takes a great deal of strength to raise a family alone, and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do it all alone with the exception of visiting day and phone calls to keep the kids in line.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Keep calm & carry on

We have actually talked about this, he was just moved into class d ( after waiting 4 long months)! So, we will be able to sneak off & do our thing haha . He sees parole in may, but could get flopped another 12 months.

Although, I would never want to experience that alone (i dont have any kids I'm 21). Our mentality iss if it happens it happens, it is meant to be. I love him, regardless where he is at.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:50 AM

Default Yes! No doubt

I would n am trying to get pregnant. We r going to be 37 n my hubby will be out in 18 months so we r trying finally (it will be our first). Hes been down 10 yrs n ive been waiting this long so im def ready. I wouldnt have done it sooner just because i want him in our lives as much as possible, so now that he has tranfered to a camp, its much much better.

Much respect for those ladies that are not ready, and I pray for those that want a baby!
Old 12-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Banned

Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesarlove View Post
I would n am trying to get pregnant. We r going to be 37 n my hubby will be out in 18 months so we r trying finally (it will be our first). Hes been down 10 yrs n ive been waiting this long so im def ready. I wouldnt have done it sooner just because i want him in our lives as much as possible, so now that he has tranfered to a camp, its much much better.

Much respect for those ladies that are not ready, and I pray for those that want a baby!
Ohhh YAY !! Congrats on his homecoming getting closer and closer, 18 months is nothing after all that time !!!! AND I will pray for your baby wishes to come true !!!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:30 PM

A million times NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT EVEN. Lol. Hell to the no. But it's not really just about him being in prison.
First of all, nothing in the world could EVER convince me to have a baby if I'm not married to the man who got me pregnant. No way in hell, I absolutely refuse to be someone's "baby mama." Never. EVER!! LOL And as of right now, I'm not yet married to my boyfriend, so that's a no even if he wasn't in prison.
Second of all, I don't want to have a baby while I'm still in my 20's, still in school, or still busy being young. And I am all of those things.
Third of all, he's only got a month left. In total, he's done almost 2 years but it's almost done now. Even if he went back, I wouldn't even consider it unless we were married and I was done with school.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:28 PM

Noo.. But I will not dare have another with out being married.. Its sounds cliche' but it really holds weight.

*Still Standing*
BadGrlGoneGood (01-30-2012)
Old 01-13-2012, 07:16 AM

I had a prego scare right when he got arrested. He isn't going to be there for very long, he'd be out by the time I had the baby, but I'm thankful because I want him t be a part of every step. Think of everything he would miss. Seeing the ultrasounds, hearing the heart beat, picking out names, me cursing him as the morning sickness arrives, feeling the kicks. and who the else is gunna shave your legs for you and tell you if you put on matching socks? When he gets out it's on!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1AndOnly

Ohhh YAY !! Congrats on his homecoming getting closer and closer, 18 months is nothing after all that time !!!! AND I will pray for your baby wishes to come true !!!
Thank you 1nonly!

I have my FV today until monday, so lets see what happenss... Lol
Old 01-25-2012, 09:18 AM

Not knocking anyone who said yes or who have . But me HELL TO THE NO!!!!!!! I wouldn't dare bring a baby INTO this situation. If we already had kids something different but oh hell no!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
BadGrlGoneGood (01-30-2012)
Old 01-28-2012, 12:31 PM

It's so funny that I actually came across this poll today...my husband & I were actually just talking about this lastnight! If we were to live in a state that allowed conjugal visits I would most definitely try & get pregnant. We already have a 7yr old (he has been in 6yrs & has 14 to go) so I know the trials of being a single mom & how hard it is..but I also know if we never win an appeal I will be 45 by the time my husband comes home & it might be extremely difficult for me to get pregnant..eventhough he is incarcerated he has been more involved & active in our daughters life than a lot of 'dads' that are on the outs! So YES, if it was at all possible we would love to have another child...I understand a lot of the points & views that have been brought up here, but as far as being a single mom, eventhough it is extremely difficult, I feel all of the hard work & sacrifices are well worth it!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:07 PM

I voted no!! I have one daughter with my babe that I got pregnant with when he was on the run the first time (sounds bad I know). I went thru the majority of the pregnancy, birth n after alone. He came home for 6 months n AGAIN we got pregnant!! UGH!!

Now hes lookin at ten years this time. I wouldnt change any of this for the world. Yes its hard, Yes I have difficulties with things but I make it. My daughter talks to her daddy n even 'writes him letters' lol. She knows her dad n when she gets older yes Im goin to have explain everything but I am not ashamed he is where he is n she will be taught to not be ashamed either (along with her baby brother).

Now with my son Im scared to death b/c I dont know how to teach him to be a man but my babe assures me he will set things straight from where he is so we shall see

So I voted no b/c I want him here for the next one for the whole process without just pictures n phone calls. to be able for him to hold his child first would mean the world to him
Old 01-28-2012, 02:47 PM
missing him

Nope...because i want him to be here for the pregnancy and after i have the baby. We plan to get married and then try to have a baby then.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 1,683 Times in 954 Posts

Since Ohio doesn't do "family visits" and only way I could ever do boom bang boogie with him is on a visit and I ain't gonna risk losing going to see my baby for one quickie that probably wouldn't even eggo my prego ...

So NOOOOOOO!!!! I will just have to wait till 2014 because when the room be shaking don't be knocking (; cause baby making is in the production lol....

Last edited by NGS_lAdY; 01-29-2012 at 11:22 PM..
Old 01-30-2012, 08:40 PM

Nope, wouldnt do it - i want him to be around when im fat and prego lol.. and we both want to be there for every little thing our kids do & will do.. (he missed the early stages of his 2 kids - went away when one was 1yr and the other only a few days old.. ) and as much as his mom and mine both want [more] grandbabies, i couldnt stand to let him miss out on anything.. so we'll wait until he's home in 3yrs for babies..
(i dont know what my response would be if he were a lifer..)
Old 01-31-2012, 02:29 AM

Nope, who'd be the one to fetch me food to satisfy my weird cravings at whatever o'clock in the morning? Or rub my feet? Or my belly? And I totally have to try preggo sex lol..ill only have one chance cause after my first baby I'm done

Old 01-31-2012, 02:46 AM
We Got This ♥

This is a really tough question for me. Alot of friends and his family have asked me the same thing. Since he's going to be in there along time I do think about it alot. If I had it my way I'd love for him to be by my side through the whole process, espeacially since it would be the first child for both of us. I know he would want to be there also, but concidering our sistuation, I think once I'm done with school and I know I can support a child, I would want to have a baby with him Plus I'm only 21. I have plenty of time

Last edited by JOSEPH'S WiFEy; 01-31-2012 at 02:50 AM..
Old 01-31-2012, 09:49 AM
smile my LOVE..♥

Hell to the eff no.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Account Closed

My personal opinion is that I'd be depriving him of so much. I wouldn't want to be selfish like that he doesn't have that much time left plus gives me time to get my masters and stuff settled before he's home. I'd want him there to experience the gift of life every second of every second. Nothing is more beautiful.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:09 PM
K Loves Eric

no i wuddnt get pregnant, that wud hurt him on sooo many levels why wud i a. be with another man while he is down and b. why wud i cheat and let another guy get me pregnant ??? idk different answers for different ppls relationship but a healthy one wuddnt allow that