Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: if you had the chance to get pregnant would you?
yes 897 38.37%
no 1,039 44.44%
maybe 307 13.13%
can't decide 95 4.06%
Voters: 2338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2005, 09:00 PM

I can sit here and so NO for so many reasons...but honestly I would. Reason being is that I will be 33 and my fiance will be 36 when he comes home and we want to have 4 kids. I just can't see myself having my 1st child at 33 years old!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Donation Award 

There is no way i am aready am raising one child by my self i can't handle any more..

***My Husband is home and I am loving almost every second of it!!!***
Old 06-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Registered

I say no, as a mother of three, thats dad has been in prison, it is tough. Not only the fact that you are bringing them up on your own, but reasons is, that it was so hard taking three little kids to see their dad, and having to explain to them why daddy couldnt come home with them. Thats just my opinion anyway, I guess if you had conjugal visits, and it could happen "legal" that would be a choice that you could make, the amount of time he would be in, etc, but doing it illegal, or possible having someone else to get you pregnant, I would say a definate no as well. I love my guy alot (not my kids dad), but I still wouldnt do it.

"It takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them,
a day to love them and a lifetime to forget them."
Old 06-03-2005, 09:26 PM

NO WAY! It is not fair to you or the children

MISS MY BABY
Old 06-04-2005, 05:38 AM
The Mrs

We actually tried to get pregnant because we knew he'd be home soon. It woulda made for a crazy story to tell though. "Son, well......ummmmm you was conceived in the prison." Nah, we got a day and a wake up and we can get it on and poppin with the baby making. No crazy stories LOL.

I must give all praises and thanks to Allah. The all knowing, all seeing, the orchestrator of my man's release and the author of our relationship. He is the one that made all of this, and only to Him do I owe my gratitude.

Is it time for football yet? Go EAGLES!!!!
Old 06-04-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm his babydoll.

No, I wouldn't want to do it alone, and he would never let me. He wants to be there for everything, all the appointments, the morning sickness, my mood swings, all of it. I'm only 26 so we have plenty of time, even if they keep him till his PRD. I'm getting him home before that though. I hope.

~ Comte de Bussy-Rabutin

Old 06-04-2005, 11:41 PM

Yes I Gladly Would. We Cant Wait To Have A Baby Together.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:42 PM

my answer was yes because we are planning to have kids. he is coming home in about 7 months so by the time that he came home it would almost be 'that time'.

</O
Old 06-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Always in his corner

Well, me and my bf have a 4 month old son. BF went in a week before our son was born but we weren't together (just made a baby) at the time so I went thorugh the pregnancy alone. He got interested at the end. We got back together the month after my son was born, he was in jail though. He got out a few weeks ago then went right back in. I'm dying for another baby but even if he was free he wouldn't let me have one. He said not until we have a "house with a backyard". Plus I have some things I want to accomplish so no. Oh, and I'm 29 by the way (he's 32).

My little son JWill was born 1-29-05. We live in dreamland together. He's a "daddy's baby"!

I'm missing...

My son's daddy, and my Love, at Hunt in Louisiana

My lil cousin Bullet in TDCJ
Old 06-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Shaun's Wifey 2005

Default If you want children

I have been on both sides of parenting coin. I had a husband and then I was a single mom. It is hard to be a single mom, but I wouldn't trade in my children for an easier life. I don't think that because you are committed to a lifer that you should miss out on the wonderful experience of being a mom. You should be sure that you can take care of a child by yourself though (monetarily and emotionally). There are other ways to find support that having a man at home. Maybe family or friends? I had a wonderful mother and now I have a sister that like to watch my kids from time to time. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Always in his corner

I mean I'm 19 and he's 32.

My little son JWill was born 1-29-05. We live in dreamland together. He's a "daddy's baby"!

I'm missing...

My son's daddy, and my Love, at Hunt in Louisiana

My lil cousin Bullet in TDCJ
Old 06-08-2005, 08:56 PM
his kiss, sweet as sugar

We discussed this when our trailer visit was coming up. We want another baby, but we will wait till he gets home. It's not fair to him to miss out on everything, the first year has so many milestones. It would be unfair to the baby, not to be able to bond with daddy, and it would be unfair to me to have to hold it all down alone. He was very helpful when Starr was born. He got up for 3 am feedings, changed diapers, gave baths, everything down to cleaning the toliet! I couldn't have done it without him around the first time, never mind now. I say this because of the situation that we are in and him coming home in a max of 4 years, but if he had a longer bid, I might feel differently.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Blue Eyes Cryin'

Yes...if I were younger !! I would love to have his baby.....and we talked about this but fast approaching 50 !!!! We both have older kids....but if I COULD...I would....We havent been together a year yet....but I would get pregnant in a heartbeat !!

Last edited by BlackRose321; 06-08-2005 at 10:25 PM.. Reason: posted a blank message
Old 06-09-2005, 08:52 AM

We have discussed this and really, when I can possibly make it happen I would. When he is released I will be 48...if I wait then there will be no kids in my future. I don't want children by anyone else but him so I only have 2 options- no kids or kids while he is in.

MEMBER #2 of the INDEPENDENT WOMEN CLUB!

Member# 11 of the Fabulous And Thick Club
Old 06-11-2005, 05:17 PM

I said no. Me and my man have talked about if i got pregnant while he was still in and he let it be known that he wouldn't have anything to do with me anymore if that were to happen.

Last edited by babygirl719; 06-11-2005 at 05:29 PM..
Old 06-12-2005, 06:26 AM
Strength

Default Yeah Right

I am sooo not ready to have a kid. I don't think I was meant for that.
As of a year ago I am no longer involved with the fool who led me to finding this forum. I do however appreciate the advice that I found here, this is a great resource for those who need it! ATTN Admins/Mods, please DELETE my Account if possible...Thank You.

Old 06-12-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Hey...

Hey magigrl,

That is one cute darlin' ya got there.

Best of luck,
Kevin
Old 06-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Account Closed

Well I would have to say Yes! My man is not a lifer or anything like that but we have talked about having children of our own when he comes home but I dont have children now but I am in the process of adopting a little boy that should be here sometime in October! He is excited and thrilled about it and asks me question all the time like did I find out how he is and when is she going to have her next Ultrasound! I know that it is going to be a difficult process but I decided along time ago that I didnt need a man to have a baby or raise one! I'm not saying it's not going to be hard because I know or should I say that I have an Idea what it's going to be like but I'm ready I dont think that I've ever been more ready in my life about anything and I was scared to tell him that I wanted to do it but when I did he was so happy for me for Us! That, that is all he talks about all the time and tells me when he thinks about something about the baby and everything and I think that it gives us both a little Ray of Sunshine!!!!

KarrieMI
Old 06-12-2005, 11:35 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,593 Times in 2,182 Posts

I said no becuz i was preg when my husband went in and i see how this is effectiing my child and also myself... it is hard on our daughter.. I wouldnt have a kid while he was in becuz we both know it is unfair to the child and it would be a selfish act on both our part.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:25 PM
The Love Of My LIfe JOE

OH HECK NO, I would not put myself in a stressful position such as that one, becuase I want him to be there with me threw it all, no matter how good of an idea it may sounds now, once you're in it, it's a whole different ball game and you're the only player. Me and my baby talk about that before and he said he will never wish for any women to be in that situation, especially seeing how hard it was for me when he was arrested right after I had his baby.

Last edited by GodsGiftToMeJOE; 06-14-2005 at 01:26 PM..
Old 06-15-2005, 09:39 PM

Funny i was just wishing the other day that i could have another child with Dan, I'm 44 and had my tubes tied after my second child because of complications with the birth. But if i could i would in a heart-beat. My oldest daughter is his, and I raised her by myself, but because of her i was never truly without him all these years. It is difficult to raise a child alone, but it was always worth it to have a part of him with me.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:32 AM

YES. As a matter of fact, my husband and I are triing to have a baby before I'm too old to have one. Considering that my state doesn't allow conjical visits, my husband and I are using unorthodoc methods to try and conceive a baby.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:21 PM

NO! I raised 3 kids alone and besides I do not want any more children and neither does he, thank god, plus I had my tubes tied yrs ago.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:02 PM

That's a tough decision to make, it's hard being a parent on the outside raising our daughter alone, but i also don't want her to grow up as an only child. By the time my husband is released i'll probably be too old to have anymore children. We had planned on having another child but weren't planning on this. Given the opportunity to become a mother again (with my husband) i would probably say yes, because children are the greatest gifts one can be given.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:03 PM
~Hubby's Home~

I would not do it either, we have a 14 month old daughter and she was few months old when he went in, it's not fair for the child not to have there father there, also for you when you are pregnant you need him there constantly to be there for you mentally, physicall, and emotionally.. my hubby will tell ya, I was a wreck when I was pregnant he was on pins and needles at all time