Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: if you had the chance to get pregnant would you?
yes 897 38.37%
no 1,039 44.44%
maybe 307 13.13%
can't decide 95 4.06%
Voters: 2338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2006, 01:34 PM

Of Course I Would... Not A Doubt In My Mind, I Love Him With Carino!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2006, 08:48 AM

since I am pregnant while he is in jail it really stressful and all the worrying is not good for me or the baby. DON'T DO IT. I just keep hoping he's going to be out before the baby is due in JAN
I REALLY DOUBT IT
Old 09-27-2006, 08:54 AM
Account Closed

absolutely not I'm to damn old to go through that again. LOL
Toshacat
Old 10-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Anthony's Wifey

I would only if we could get a court petition to allow him to be the "donor." In California a couple of years ago a lifer won a petition to have his semen tranfered to a donor bank and implanted in his wife. THey won on grounds that every one has a constitutional right to procreate. So you never know what is possible these days.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Missing & Loving the Duke

not a chance.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:19 PM
queendrury

yes i would.i wanted to do it then and i want to do it now.but as things stand i had my tubes tied and cut before i met him.after like two years i told him that i wanted to do some research to see if there was any way i can carry his child and he flat out said NO.it broke my heart.when i told him that it may be risky cuz they would have to correct what i had done he wasn't going.he said he loves me too much to let me take a chance that may hurt me or even kill me.my mind had thought it all out-i would have my tubes untied,as far as them being cut i was willing to let the doctor's artificially inject me with his sperm -i was thinking that maybe i'd have to have a c-section but i didn't even get to research my idea cuz my love wasn't having it.i really don't think it would be all that risky- DO YOU?besides LIL DRURY wouldn't hurt me.yes he has a name.i only came up with my screen name when i signed on prison talk but i've always had the baby's name.CAN IT BE DONE?HIT ME BAC ASAP!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 12:27 PM
queendrury

Default Bac Again

my love's middle name is DRURY,hence my screen name QUEEN DRURY and the baby would be LIL DRURY.see whoever posted this thread got me thinking again about having my son.find my earlier post if you have time and tell me if this can be done---PLEASE!! i'm sorry i got carried away.still have you ever heard of it being done?
Old 10-06-2006, 07:26 PM
I love and miss my baby!

i said yes i would love to have his children! but in reality i would want him here for all their years not just part of them.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Missin' my heart & soul

If we could have children together we'd be estatic.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Anthony's Wifey

You can carry a baby if your tubes are tied. The fallopian tubes just get the egg to the sperm or the egg shed out of your body. Id doesnt mean you don't still have eggs,your uterus isn't capable of carrying a baby or that your birth canal is closed.. You would just have to use artificial insemination
Old 10-06-2006, 08:23 PM

If he was a lifer YES. If he wasn't then I would wait until he came home so we could experience it all together. I have two i'm raising right now while their daddys in there and I wish everyday that he was home because he's a huge help when it comes to our boys. Boys definetly need their fathers.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:24 PM

This is really tough question, me and my fiance actually talked about this not too long ago. I'm 31 and raising 2 on my own right now but I really want another baby and I really want to have a baby with my fiance, at first he said he wanted to then he changed his mind and said he would want to be there throughout every step of the pregnancy and the baby's life. I know that it would be hard but I am very strong and doing just fine with the 2 that I have now plus I have the support of my family and his so given the fact that he still has a few years to go I would say that once it got closer to time for him to come home I would. By the way, does anyone know if there is a federal prison that allows conjical visits for married couples?
Old 10-12-2006, 04:35 PM
His Ride Or Die

My man is 23 and has been locked up for 4 years and we still have about 4 more to go. He wants a child before he gets out and already has plans on getting me pregnant while he's out on work release. At first I was like hell no I want our first child born while he is home. Now I've reconsidered because I really want to have his first son. I know it'll happen when he gets home, but I want one as soon as possible. So wish me luck guys....!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:03 PM
Banned

Default No Way.....

Not at all....we just had a family visit (10/6) and I faithfully took my pill....I wouldn't want to go through the pregnancy and all the trimmings all by myself....but he said he didn't want me to either...he wants to be there in the delivery room....and go to all the Dr. Appts...(he don't have no children, so it's all exciting to him) I have 3 (15,12,6) I just wouldn't want to do it alone....(my hats off to those who have gone throguh the pregnancy alone). So when he gets home we can work on that....but while in prison...oh hell no!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:53 PM

For the first couple of months he was their while i was pregnate and then he got locked up and i was not happy at all. it was something we wanted to Experience together. I was alone thrue the hardes of it all. I had to work and save the little money I made. And when i finally had my Baby who I LOve More than life its self I had to go back to work A.S.A.P. for the reason that he is not here to help me. My son did not get to meet his Daddy untill he was 3 months and it sucks having to stand outside waithing to go in to visits whit my child just so his dad can spend some time with him. Some advice to anyone who reads this. Your better off waiting.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Banned

Some advice to anyone who reads this. Your better off waiting.
[/size][/quote]Good advice honey....and much respect to you for doing it all alone...and to all the ones doing it all alone....what I can say is hard...is raising them all by myself now!!!! But like everything in life we keep on going.....

Good Luck and God Bless all you fabulous women and momma's......
Old 10-16-2006, 10:15 PM
loved!

Thanked 1,147 Times in 715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENDRURY
yes i would.i wanted to do it then and i want to do it now.but as things stand i had my tubes tied and cut before i met him.after like two years i told him that i wanted to do some research to see if there was any way i can carry his child and he flat out said NO.it broke my heart.when i told him that it may be risky cuz they would have to correct what i had done he wasn't going.he said he loves me too much to let me take a chance that may hurt me or even kill me.my mind had thought it all out-i would have my tubes untied,as far as them being cut i was willing to let the doctor's artificially inject me with his sperm -i was thinking that maybe i'd have to have a c-section but i didn't even get to research my idea cuz my love wasn't having it.i really don't think it would be all that risky- DO YOU?besides LIL DRURY wouldn't hurt me.yes he has a name.i only came up with my screen name when i signed on prison talk but i've always had the baby's name.CAN IT BE DONE?HIT ME BAC ASAP!!!
having your tubes tied is not a dangerous process to undo, nor does it prevent you from being able to have a child. all it does it prevent the egg from being fertilized by sperm. perhaps you should research the procedure that you had done so you can understand it better.

if all else failed, you would be able to have an egg taken from your ovaries and fertilized by his sperm. it is easy for you to still have a child, and not dangerous at all. you can still hold a baby, carry it to term, and have a vaginal delivery, because tying your tubes doesn't affect anything except your fallopian tubes, which do not hold the child when you're pregnant (your uterus does).
Old 10-27-2006, 01:21 AM

Absolutely not, b/c I want him there for every detail. I'd die if I had to do it alone. I just couldn't do it that on purpose. We can wait.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Banned

No, I would not get pregnant while he is incarcerated.

Not only would I want him to be able to experience raising his child, I know that he would want to be there for his children. We've talked about kids, and he has made it clear he wants us to have a child, after he gets out, finishes college, and gets a decent job. He wants the full dad experience, and I agree it would be better for our child.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:52 AM

Thanked 3,307 Times in 1,684 Posts

I would have said no, but since its happened. Ah, what you going to do> I got pregnant tho' while he was out and now he's back in again. Hopefully he'll be out in the not to distant future, as he's always wanted to "plan" his next child. It didn't happen for him that way again.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:36 PM

I personally would not. It has been really challenging being a single parent while my husband has been away. I love my children and they always come first...but they have truly drained me while he has been gone. It is hard enough trying to be supportive of the husband/boyfriend I just could not see myself adding an addtional person intentionally.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:18 AM
diamond17112001

No I wouldnt do that at all!!! Even though I'm 21yrs old and we just gotten married in May 19th of this year and he does have life. There is no way I would do that to him. I mean because I'm young and have my life ahead of me I do want kids later down the line but if he doesnt get out for us to go ahead and have children I take that it just wasnt ment to be. I will just figured its in God's will. I wouldnt resent him for he sentence just because I couldnt have kids. Nor will I look some where else for someone to get pregnant my another man. I take my vowls very seriously and I plan to honor them.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:59 PM

if hes in for good yes if not no ill wait till he comes home
Old 11-02-2006, 10:57 PM

Unhappy Not Right Now...

Me and my bf have a child together now, 9 wks and it's so hard. Me and him can make up time, but you can't make up time to miss your 1st child's 1st moments.....I hope this is over soon......
I'd love to have more kids with him once he gets home and everything is in the clear and our boy is potty trained and I lose the wt lol

Connie
Old 11-03-2006, 12:29 AM

I would say yes mainly because we aren't sure when he'll be coming home. He has his sentence, but we are trying different lawyers and seeing if we can get his sentence reduced. I would love nothing more then to have my boy home and start a family, but if thats not going to happen before I'm 50 something, then why not explore the options I have left. I think I'd rather be a single parent then never have children ever.
The Following User Says Thank You to andysgurl For This Useful Post:
missingaugust27 (09-05-2012)