Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender For those whose loved one is serving 10+ years.

View Poll Results: Could you wait 20 years?
Anything for love 122 53.51%
We can just be friends until he comes home 24 10.53%
NO WAY 28 12.28%
Not sure 54 23.68%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life2gether View Post
I don't usually come to the Long Term Offender Forum but your post caught my attention. I can barely imagine what 20 years would be like, but I would love to have only 20 years to wait. My honey and I are doing Life together.
I am not waiting for him to be released, my honey and I are sharing our lives with each other now. We do this through emails, letters, phone calls and yearly visits if I have the money for the trip (he is in another state). This is our life together.
You are asking the wrong question. What you need to ask yourself is "Can I handle being in a relationship where I only get to see him in a room full of other people? Your letters may be being read by a CO before being delivered, phone calls and emails may be being monitored. When the prison goes on lock down all visits are cancelled and the inmates are not allowed to make phone calls or send email. They can send and receive snail mail.
And when you don't think you can hang, imagine your life without him in it. If you can not imagine your life without him and the thought of him not being part of your life makes you cry, you will be able to do the time with him.
I love this post. It is spot on. I am with my man because I can't imagine life without him. There is no real choice for me because he is that important. He is LWOP so we have had to develop our "normal." Not gonna lie, it's tough at times. He tells me that I am his "air" and that seems like a huge responsibility. But he is my joy and that is a huge positive. This isn't for everyone, but it can be done. There are many lifers with beautiful relationships. It's all a matter of strength, determination, commitment and perspective.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2020, 05:00 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,649 Times in 2,493 Posts

We're now in the single digits!

Has this been easy...NO WAY, but I'm grateful we're here. If sentencing reform happens, the remainder of his sentence could be cut in half. I'm just glad we're far removed from 20 years and closer to max out.